24 November 2023

Seeker 242.1

 Test

Chapter 242.1. Report


Upon our return to the royal capital, we reported our mission success to the king. The location was the audience chamber. 

Following Gerald-san and Myarla's example, we knelt in front of the king to pay our respects.

King Eldrick, upon receiving our report, nodded gracefully while seated on the throne.

"Well done. Especially to Daichi, Kazane, and Hotaru, who are not even Holy Knights but worked late into the night. I appreciate it. I've arranged excellent accommodations for you, so take your time to rest. Of course, the promised reward will be paid separately."

"Yes, thank you very much."

I bowed my head on behalf of the three. 

The king nodded and then turned his attention to Gerald-san and Myarla.

"Holy Knight Gerald and Holy Knight Myarla, the late-night mission was a significant task."

"Yes, your gracious words humble me."

The two holy knights bowed their heads again. 

Watching their synchronized movements, King Eldrick placed his hand on his mouth and muttered, "Hmm.".

Gerald-san raised his face and looked straight at the king.

"Your Majesty, I apologize for a personal matter, but there's something I would like to say."

"Oh? What is it? Speak."

King Eldrick, with an intrigued expression, urged Gerald-san to continue.

"On a previous occasion, I made an unfounded and disrespectful remark to Your Majesty about being deceived by her—Holy Knight Myarla. That was all my misunderstanding, a misconception, and a result of my shortcomings. I realized this during this mission."

Gerald's voice trembled. On the other hand, King Eldrick showed a slightly surprised expression.

"Your Majesty, I deeply apologize! Even if you were to behead me here, I would understand!"

Gerald spoke with a determined attitude, raising his voice. For a moment, silence fell.

At that moment, I was prepared to intervene in case King Eldrick really intended to behead Gerald-san. 

King Eldrick, one of the 8 Heroes, possessed strength on par with Yusefia-san of the Dark Elves and Balzamont of the Dwarves. 

Despite that, I couldn't help but brace myself in case.

However, upon hearing Gerald's determined words, King Eldrick eventually burst into laughter.

"Hahaha! Hey, what kind of sorcery is this? Adventure Daichi, did you have a hand in this change in Holy Knight Gerald?"

"Uh... Well, to some extent, I guess."

I replied. It wasn't exactly a sermon or a clash, but it was something close.

Nevertheless, King Eldrick seemed to find it very amusing. 

There was a sense of relief; it looked like Gerald-san's beheading was off the table. 

Gerald-san, looking somewhat relieved, cautiously asked the king.

"Um, Your Majesty... How will you deal with me?"

"Hmm? Nothing in particular. If I were to be offended by impoliteness, I would have done so long ago. Do I appear to be such a narrow-minded king?"

"No, not at all! I deeply apologize!"

"Hahaha, no need to apologize so profusely. Holy Knight Gerald, I'd like to have a drink and talk openly with you someday."

"Ha...! I appreciate Your Majesty's generosity! I am truly grateful from the bottom of my heart!"

Later, King Eldrick expressed his curiosity about what had happened between Gerald-san and Myarla. 

The 2 Holy Knights, prompted by the king, awkwardly and with words of reflection, explained the situation. 

Both Gerald-san and Myarla had blushes on their faces.

King Eldrick, making them report such embarrassing details in public, was quite a humiliation. 

I listened with a smile, along with Kazane-san and Yuzuki, who were also reporting incoherently. 

Well, we caused them quite a bit of trouble, so enjoying this much should be okay. 

Regarding Gerald-san's one-sided love for Myarla, he skillfully dodged the question and tried to cover it up. 

But Gerald-san wasn't good at lying.

King Eldrick, saying, "There seems to be another side to this, but..." looked at me.

Gerald-san trembled in surprise. 

I conveyed to the king with a samurai's mercy, "Your Majesty, please forgive him on that point.". 

The king said, "Understood. We'll overlook that matter.", and Gerald-san expressed further gratitude. 

Myarla looked puzzled.

After receiving a comprehensive report, the king concluded the conversation with the following words:

"Well, I roughly understand the situation. Holy Knight Myarla, well done."

"Yes, meow!"

Myarla had a beaming smile.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test