24 November 2023

Bottom Tier 33

 Test

Magician Amber


"Amber is my character."

"My character?"

"He's the attacker character I raised in the game. As far as I remember, he's level 233. Now he's 63, so there's some difference... but the listed characteristics are exactly those of my Amber."

"So, she's an acquaintance of Minato-kun?"

"Yes. An 'acquaintance'."

With a reputation like this, it's safe to say that Amber, like Garling, has her personality. 

If she were just a villain, I could ignore it.

But if the character I raised is causing trouble, it's a different story.

"Hey, let's sit down and talk."

There was an empty table by the window, so we sat across from each other. 

Sensing my serious atmosphere, Ao-chan waited for the conversation to begin with a serious expression.

After a moment, I spoke.

"... To be straightforward, I can't overlook Amber's wrongdoing. I don't know what she did, but last time I came, there shouldn't have been that quest ticket."

"Yeah, I think it wasn't there."

"Suddenly having a bad reputation of 60 is a big deal... For example, doing things at the level of indiscriminately killing innocent civilians. You wouldn't get that number unless it's something like that."

The Guardians' depth and breadth allow for such dirty play. 

Not only can players steal money and items from NPCs.

But people can also kill them.

There are a certain number of players who enjoy that kind of gameplay.

But I've never done it.

"Minato-kun, you want to stop Amber, right?"

"Yes. She's my character. I have pride and responsibility for raising her as the strongest rear-attacker."

At that point, Ao-chan's expression clouded.

"Could it be... super strong?"

"Well, well, well... yes."

"Level 63 is more than twice ours."

"Yes, that's true... but regarding this, it's my personal matter, so sensei is—"

"Don't say it's irrelevant."

Her eyes, clear and with a determined will, stared at me.

"We're a party, right? Your big deal is a big deal for me too."

"I appreciate the sentiment, but—"

"Even now, am I a burden to you, Minato-kun?"

Ao-chan looked anxious and sad, and I shook my head.

"No, not at all. Sensei is already a full-fledged Curse User, and there's no way you're not useful. Certainly, if we talk only about numbers, we have a higher winning percentage."

"Then—"

"In analogy, it's like going from a 1% winning rate to 2%, and the danger level doesn't change."

Because Sensei is important, I couldn't involve her this time.

"If Minato-kun is being stubborn, then I'll be stubborn too. Let's forget about that and do a different quest."

"Well..."

"I can't do that, right? I'm stubborn too. I firmly refuse separate actions."

Ao-chan rejected my proposal with a smile.

"I want to pretend I didn't see it too. But a character you raised is like a lump of emotions. It's painful and frustrating to think that the me I raised is causing trouble in an unknown place. I want to give her guidance."

I understand Amber better than anyone in this world. 

That alone should be a significant advantage.

"I've understood Minato-kun's feelings well. Rather than opposing, I'm cheering you on. I just want to support that battle from the sidelines. Minato-kun, you're very responsible, aren't you?"

Smiling, Ao-chan patted my head.

I didn't expect this to happen, so I froze. 

And, it's embarrassing in an ordinary way.

"Please stop. I'm not a child."

"Hehehe. Okay."

"...Well then, once again, please indulge my selfishness. I'll definitely protect you."

"I-indulge your selfishness? Minato-kun... in a place like this... there's no atmosphere at all..."

Grabbing both cheeks, Ao-chan felt embarrassed.

Did I say something weird?

"Let's do our best on the quest together." 

I said again, and she returned to her usual expression. 

"Sure, I'll do my best."

"Since it's a heavy burden for just the two of us, let's gather some companions."

"Can we do that?"

"Yes."

I thought of Garling as someone who might be able to handle it.

But I didn't know where he was.

"Even in the guild, you two lovebirds keep flaunting it, huh, adventurer couple?"

Hey hey hey, approaching us was the male Paladin from before. 

His four companions were standing behind him.

"What do you want?"

"Don't squint your eyes like that. Don't be so wary. You're doing a bounty quest, right? I overheard it. Thief, I want to thank you."

"For what?"

"I was impressed. I got courage from watching the Arc Bison battle on the way to the Sky Castle."

I thought we had lost him when we scattered the carriage.

But apparently, he had followed us.

"Oh, that. Did something happen to it?"

"I was moved. I gained courage. Thanks to that, we became stronger."

I looked back at his companions, and they all nodded uniformly. 

Come to think of it, everyone seemed to have a different attitude than before.

When I asked about their levels, they were all level 50.

"Let us cooperate."

The 5 jobs were Paladin, Fighter for the vanguard, Magic Swordsman for the mid-guard, Hunter for the rear-guard, and White Mage.

Are we going to join this group? 

With this lineup, it would be seven against one.

Normally, even with a level difference, if the balance of offense and defense is maintained and there are enough numbers, you can win.

Normally.

"We requested this from you. We'll give up the bounty."

"Are you sure?"

"It's not for the money."

Could it be they're targeting Ao-chan again...?

"We seek the experience of battling strong opponents. With that, we can earn as much money as we want later."

It seems he has become a battle junkie without me realizing it.

...He got quite influenced by me.

I made eye contact with Ao-chan, and she nodded slightly.

"I'll follow Minato-kun."

"Then, please just this once."

"Leave it to us."

The Paladin and I shook hands firmly.

And thus, we temporarily formed a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test