04 November 2023

Mob MC 331.2

Test

Chapter 331.2. Sena's Sorrow


-Sena's POV-

"Are you saying that my power is insufficient? That the Teijou family must support me for me to govern?"

"No, it's not like that... it's just a shortage of manpower." 

The Prime Minister tried to intervene, but I saw his face contort in frustration and anger, as he crushed the plastic water bottle on the table. The bottle shattered, and water splashed out, but her brother yelled angrily without paying any attention. 

"Silence! If I take the lead in governing, patriots will naturally gather around me! The old nobles are no longer necessary! It's time to usher in a new era."

His furious outburst made me unable to suppress a sigh. He seemed foolish, arrogant, and incompetent. It was strange. My brother had never been this extreme.

After his tirade, he calmed down and took a deep breath, then smirked.

"It's alright... it's perfectly fine. Because I have Duke Kanna's wealth! With that enormous wealth, I can rebuild the army and implement various revolutionary policies. Watch and see. I will be remembered as a great ruler in history!"

No one present was impressed by his words. They were all strong individuals who couldn't be easily deceived by flattering words. The fact that he had gathered such high-level aides was evident from the lack of flattery.

That's why I couldn't help but question her brother's current foolish behavior.

"With all due respect, Your Majesty. But using the Duke Kanna's wealth may not be wise. Within that wealth are many businesses, but because of the execution of the high-ranking nobles, magic operations are no longer possible. It would be wiser to quickly sell them off to the nobles and aim for liquidity."

"No! Those who hold future assets in abundance are the future strong ones! Besides, there are magical users within the assets."

"Do you have a plan for them, dear brother?"

Despite refusing to listen to me, my brother seemed to have a secret plan. What could it be?

"Destroy the Takano Marquisate. That family might be secretly supporting Nidhogg. If we crush them under this pretext, we might gain many capable magic users, including the druids."

"Brother! After Father's death, the one who came to our aid was the Marchioness Takano! Do you forget that she brought a Great Druid Mage with her?"

"That's right, Your Majesty. Please reconsider!"

"Turning Takano Marquisate and Count into an enemy is too unwise!"

His eyes narrowed in response to the unexpected words. Other nobles were taken aback and tried to dissuade him, but he waved them off and grinned wickedly.

"Listen. I, too, am aware of Takano Maruisate's strength. That's precisely why it's now. In the future, Takano Maruisate may develop Tokyo and even the entire Kanto region, amassing immense wealth and power. Don't you think so?"

"Indeed, Marchioness Takano might be capable of such a feat, but wouldn't that be a matter of decades from now?"

If it were Mii-chan, she might be able to do it. Maybe she wouldn't even need decades, perhaps just around ten years, she thought, imagining her best friend's smile.

"But surely, they must have already used a substantial amount of funds for initial investments."

"So, you're saying that now, when they're running low on resources, is the chance?"

"That's correct. Without resources, even the power we wield will wane... I've got it! I've thought of a brilliant plan! Before the development of Tokyo, we shall command the construction of shrines and temples for the souls of those who perished in the old Tokyo. We'll have them spend more money, ensuring they're immobilized!"

My brother laughed smugly, and everyone looked at me, sending silent pleas for help.

"Saint Sena-sama... His Majesty appears to be exhausted. Could you please cast a recovery magic on him? We've heard that your recovery magic has become far more powerful than before."

Indirectly, they were concerned that my brother might be under some form of mental manipulation. I had also harbored such suspicions, and that's why I had been casting recovery magic multiple times every day recently. However, there had been no effect whatsoever.

...That was right. Despite casting recovery magic every day, my body was no longer burdened by it.

Ever since Mii-chan used her mysterious recovery magic on me as a get-well gesture. It was probably a recovery magic that awakened my latent mana. Mii-chan used quite a remarkable magic, as it seemed to boost the potential of magic users.

"Another divine revelation has struck me! Let's have a massive bell made from magic-infused metal. And when the funds run out, we'll ring it! This will make my reign absolute!"

My brother continued to laugh maniacally. I realized I couldn't cure this strange condition. Maybe Mii-chan could.

However, would he accept Mii-chan's recovery magic when he was so openly hostile...?

While feeling disheartened, my bangle chimed, indicating an incoming message.

"Is it from Masatoshi-san? The contact is very late... Oh?"

I hurriedly checked the bangle's notification and was slightly surprised.

[Invitation to the Snow Festival. Mii-chan wants to have a snow festival in Tokyo when it snows. Come! Maybe around Christmas?]

Unexpectedly, I thought that was just perfect and glanced at my brother, who was laughing wildly in response to this unexpected message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test