04 November 2023

Mob MC 331.1

Test

Chapter 331.1. Sena's Sorrow


-Sena's POV-

As things turn for the worse, Sena let out a tired sigh while gazing out of the window. 

The outside was covered in overcast skies, and fine snowflakes were falling gently. It seemed like winter was about to set in, and there might even be heavy snowfall before the end of the year.

After the snow accumulates, one must be cautious. Winter creatures are more troublesome than those in other seasons, particularly in rural areas where fatalities are more common. 

Monsters concealed in the snow can approach unnoticed, and commoners without magics, are as dangerous as fierce beasts for magic users, easily getting killed.

"I wonder if Mion-san and the others are busy making the Holy Flowers protective charms right now...?"

The Holy Flowers protective charms can ward off low-level monsters which are surely in high demand compared to other seasons. 

I could easily imagine Mion-san and the others working hard. Their faces would probably be filled with not just determination but also joyful smiles. Thinking about it, I chuckled.

During times like these, Masatoshi-san would typically offer to bring snacks. I discreetly glanced at my communication bangle, but there were no notifications.

"Ugh... It feels like I'm on the other side of things now."

I grumbled, feeling dissatisfied because I used to seldom initiate contact. He's probably in training again. It might be time for me to balance a leek on my head and quack like a duck.

Mii-chan would probably gladly join in, and she might even prepare a duck costume for it. 

Masatoshi-san is in a rather precarious situation from my perspective.

What could he be thinking, becoming a member of Shin's group?

...No, I can guess the reason. He probably retained his memories from the previous loop. Just like in the previous history, Shin believes he'll eventually become the Emperor. 

That's likely why Masatoshi-san underwent such a significant personality change. He keeps saying things he shouldn't. 

It makes me nervous listening to him. How many times should I have intervened?

But I couldn't ask him if he retained memories from the previous loop. If it were a little while ago, I might have been able to. 

In that case, he'd surely figure out why I was thinking about it. And he would realize it right away.

Sena, too, likely retained memories from the previous loop... 

I didn't want that to happen. Having memories would mean he'd realize that I had been Shin's lover in a past life. 

As a maiden, I wanted to deny everything, but I didn't want him to know more than that.

"Ugh, I'm just making things more complicated..."

I knew it was foolish, but I couldn't say it. Even though it was a problem that could be solved if I spoke up, I couldn't bring myself to do it. 

That's why I turned to Mii-chan, a mysterious existence who wouldn't understand. She didn't even exist in the previous loop, so she couldn't have memories.

Yet, she was stirring up history to this extent. She was indeed an enigmatic girl.

"Saint-sama, are you feeling unwell?"

A middle-aged man sitting next to me offered words of concern, snapping me back to reality. I was in a situation where I shouldn't be thinking about these things.

"My younger sister must be waiting for a message from her lover. She keeps checking her bangle repeatedly. But, let me give you some advice; being too clingy can be off-putting, you know? How many messages do you send in a day? A hundred?"

My older brother, seated across from her, teased, causing her to blush furiously. She noticed that the other nobles were chuckling as well, making her feel extremely embarrassed. 

I thought I had been careless. I couldn't have imagined revealing such an embarrassing side of myself in the past.

To divert the attention and clear my embarrassment, I cleared my throat and regained my composure. Then, I exhaled slowly to regain my usual sense of self and offered a gentle smile.

"I apologize, dear brother. I might have been a bit too cheerful."

I glanced around, making sure there were no meaningful or scrutinizing expressions on the faces of those in attendance. Everyone was merely looking on with lukewarm expressions.

"Very well. With the atmosphere lightened, let's continue the meeting."

My brother said, and immediately, everyone turned their attention back to him.

I, too, looked at my brother. Currently, we were in the middle of a meeting, focusing on the future of the Japan Magical Empire.

Only the members whom Nobunaga, my elder brother, trusted the most were present at this meeting. They were seated around a round table, resembling the knights of the Round Table. 

Nevertheless, aside from Nobunaga and me, there were only 8 members present. And, there were 2 counts among them, with the others being viscounts and barons.

While I had no intention of discriminating based on rank, it was pitiful to think that these were the close aides of the Emperor. 

After my father's passing, many had distanced themselves from the court, and although some pledged loyalty, Nobunaga rejected them.

I decided to try a last-ditch effort and make a proposal.

"Dear brother, should we not consider recalling the Marquis Teijou before the meeting? If he were to join us again, those who have kept their distance might return."

"Oh, Saint Sena-sama's words are absolutely correct. I concur as well, Your Majesty. That individual is both loyal and powerful. If you were to extend an invitation again, there is no doubt that he would return. Moreover, he would become a strong sword at Your Majesty's disposal."

The Prime Minister smiled and expressed his enthusiastic agreement. Other nobles followed suit, voicing their opinions that he should be brought back.

However, that was until they saw the displeased expression on my brother's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test