09 November 2023

Earth Dungeon 93.1

Test

Chapter 93.1. Transaction


Exhausted, the second daughter of the Taira family, Taira Konoha, flopped onto the king-size bed. The soft sensation invited me to sleep, and Konoha drifted into the world of dreams.

I had finally returned home. My 30-tatami mat bedroom had a slightly fancy feel to it. 

Long, fluffy carpets covered the floor, elegant furnishings adorned the room, and stuffed rabbits and foxes scattered around. A large TV hung on the wall. Konoha, a typical high school girl who loved cute things, felt at ease in her room.

There was a refrigerator, a table, and chairs. A sofa was placed for relaxation. Shelves held electric pods and cups.

"Ah, I'm so tired... How long did they plan to interrogate me? It's really a terrible story."

Rolling over, I glanced out of the window. It was already dark, and the clock had passed 22:00.

The interrogation had not just ended. It finished around 19:00, and after having dinner, taking a bath, and changing into pajamas, it was now this late.

"The interrogation was conducted by the Minamoto family. They grilled me about the Jester Knight Order."

In a weary tone, I sat on the sofa, noticing the maid sipping hot milk. Oh? Wasn't that brought for me?

"They're too persistent, wanting me to call the Jester Knight Order for interrogation. If I could contact them, I would have done it already."

I complained, hitting the bed. The Minamoto military was quite interested in Rei, persistently requesting to meet her. They wanted to know the identity of the hidden unit. That's why I returned home late. Perhaps my mother pulled some strings, and I finally managed to return home, showing a smug smile to those looking disappointed.

"That sounds tough. Good job."

An unfamiliar voice came from the corner of the room, making me jump. My maid had used her favorite rabbit stuffed animal as a shield after her shield broke in the battle against the Dragoons. It didn't really work as a shield, but I wished the maid would stop doing that.

At the source of the voice stood a girl with half of her face covered by a silver mask. The petite girl smiled faintly.

Konoha was about to say something sarcastic, but she bit her tongue. The atmosphere was different from when they met during the day. This wasn't the ordinary, absent-minded girl from before she put on the mask, nor was it the foolishly bright atmosphere when she defeated the Dragoons.

Cold and ruthless. Despite her small, cute appearance, she exuded an atmosphere that froze the surroundings.

I realized it was an act. The daytime persona was all an act for publicity. An idiotic, cheerful, cute girl. That was the act. Now, if I spoke carelessly, I could be killed. 

I instinctively understood that, causing my body to shiver.

"Sheltered girl, huh? But, that's a bit troublesome."

The girl said, extending her index finger.

[Aura Bullet]

She unleashed dozens of small Aura bullets. The bullets, formed with glowing red spiritual energy, shattered the walls, ceiling, outlets, and even my stuffed animals. 

Dust floated, cotton scattered, and wooden fragments fell to the floor. Seeing a small black machine breaking apart in the chaos, I understood what she was doing.

"So many bugs?!"

I couldn't help but exclaim. The number of machines was overwhelming. The space itself distorted, and with a bang, it burst.

"It seems you get monitored through skills and is deemed important, isn't it, Taira-senpai?"

In the girl's smirk, I grasped the situation. Skills related to surveillance were being used.

"Skills related to surveillance are quite obvious. [Peeping Tom] glows distinctly in the air, so those with mana perception can see it. The person from earlier should be fine as long as they don't go blind. It must have hurt quite a bit."

The girl spoke casually, but that made me understand even more. This girl is strong. How many skills does she actually have to notice surveillance skills?

I get it. I understand. This girl has a high sense of combat. If I tried to defeat her, I'd probably be easily killed.

"I want to talk in private."

"It's about time for bed. Goodnight, young lady."

The masked girl glanced at the maid and bowed respectfully to me. The maid hastily began to leave. Wasn't this girl supposed to be my bodyguard?

"It's okay, young lady. She has the power to easily kill us. If she wanted to, she could kill us. Now, enjoy your pajama party."

It's frustrating, but I can understand what she's saying. If she stays here, the maid will likely be eliminated. I want to detain her, but I can't detain her.

With a sigh, I watched the maid leave and turned to the masked girl.

"I believe your name is Rei, right?"

"Yes. Don't worry. I'm the first one."

"Huh? The first one?"

Is she alluding to the fact that there are other members of the knight order?

"Just kidding. Do you remember the terms of our contract from earlier?"

She asked, a faint smile playing on her lips, and I nodded in response.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test