09 November 2023

Earth Dungeon 93.2

Test

Chapter 93.2. Transaction


"I buy items you bring in, with the condition of no illegal or stolen goods. That was the agreement, right?"

"I'm glad you remembered. Now, let's start with this."

Rei tossed something shiny toward me, and I hurriedly caught it. It was a small glass bottle with a red liquid swaying inside.

"What is this?"

"It's a potion that increases skill level 3 by 50%."

The girl's casual response startled me. The girl's nonchalant answer startled me so much that I almost dropped the vial.

A potion that increases skill level by 50%? And it's for Skill Level 3? I've never seen anything like it! I should have to conquer a dungeon with a considerable threat level to obtain something like this!

I stared at the bottle, wondering if it was real. It seemed genuine—the glass bottle faintly glowed.

"If I recall, a 10% Up Potion was supposed to be 100 million yen. So, this should sell for 500 million, right?"

"What! That's outrageous! A Skill Level 3 10% Up Potion should go for around 50 million at most!"

When I raised my voice in protest at the high price, she put her index finger to his chin and nodded his head in understanding.

"So, how much are you willing to buy it for?"

"W-well... uh... 300 million? But I only have about 10 million in cash right now."

Considering the rarity of a 50% Up Potion, 300 million... No, maybe it should be higher.

Item purchase was what we agreed upon, but I didn't expect her to bring something so valuable, and we just made the contract today. 

I don't have that much cash.

"Don't worry about that. I don't mind. It's necessary to test if it's genuine, anyway. If it turns out to be real, you can pay me then."

"But, what if I betray you and refuse to pay? I might even say it's a fake."

To my statement, the girl shrugged, looking uninterested.

"Well, then that's fine. Our contract will be nullified. That's all."

In that case, I fell silent in astonishment. It wasn't a lie or bluff. 

I somehow understood from the girl's attitude that she truly intended to do that. 

Handing over such a rare potion, it seemed she wouldn't mind parting with it as easily as paying for a canned juice.

With this girl, could I obtain such potions? No, she mentioned a knight order. It must be a group consisting of multiple skilled warriors.

It was easy to predict that if I offered a deal to others. They would welcome it with open arms.

I slowly realized that an opportunity had rolled into my hands. Luck was on my side.

She probably understood that I held a weaker position within the Taira family and reached out to me. Someone desiring power, possessing wealth but unable to utilize it—she was looking for someone like that.

I lowered my head and couldn't help but laugh at this stroke of luck.

"My knight order. I assume it's alright for me to be the captain, Taira Konoha?"

"Yes, that's correct. Members of the secretive order might not show themselves often, though."







"...Yes, that's correct. So, if I make a request, will you handle some unreasonable tasks for me?"

"As long as it's not illegal. Also, if it's too demanding, I'll ask for a bonus."

Hmm, I ponder. The power struggles within the inner town are intense, with all kinds of shady dealings. Despite advocating for democracy, everyone treats it as a mere facade. After all, only the upper class is granted the right to vote.

But I am part of the upper class. This name still holds value. What if I start networking and gradually gain some power?

I'm still a child, a student. And my dear brother Sei is about to leave the academy. Maybe I can reclaim a natural position at the academy first? It's a microcosm of society, but there's one difference.

The fact that those with power are respected. It might be a childish idea, but skills are causing children to have a narrow perspective. Even though I'm a child as well.

Within this, if I defeat strong opponents one by one, people's sympathy might grow. After graduation, I might have a slightly better advantage.

I don't know what Rei is thinking. Maybe she intends to manipulate me like a puppet. It doesn't matter. If things continue as they are, I'm destined to sink into the Mariana Trench without surfacing.

I can think about the rest later.

"Oh, I won't engage in combat at the academy unless it's absolutely necessary. There's a chance somebody could expose my true identity. Besides, who lets a knight order participate in children's matches, right?"

"What about my rise to fame?"

"Use it strategically. Spread rumors, showcase your power, and use the knight order's name wisely. Also, make good use of the items I bring in as a stepping stone for your influence. If you want, I can train you. You can easily top the school's games. However, your opponents will die."

Rei's words disappointed me. It's very Spartan. I don't need lethal techniques. I'm too afraid of someone who would become a supporter of someone like that.

"Well then, I'll occasionally need potions. And please assist me in dungeon battles."

"Fine. The contract is complete. You are the Jester Knight Order captain, Taira Konoha."

"What about communication? How will we contact each other?"

"Well, there's a mirror over there. Write down the date and time you want to meet, and I'll come by shortly."

That seems quite analog, but it's probably to avoid leaving a trace. As I was about to respond,

"Gone?"

The girl who was right in front of me was gone. As if she was never there in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test