15 November 2023

Bottom Tier 28.2

Test

Hotel, Go?


Being thanked by a stranger face-to-face felt somewhat ticklish.

There were no more enemies caught on Ao-chan's shrimp radar.

It seemed like only the crabs were left, so I left the sandy beach with Ao-chan.

"Thanks to Minato-kun, everyone was saved! You're too excellent!"

Ao-chan praised me wholeheartedly.

"I haven't done anything special. I quickly realized there was an enemy using buffs, thanks to you mentioning it, and your shrimp radar was excellent, Sensei."

"I got praised."

I chuckled shyly.

"You did an impressive job using [Slow] without even my sign."

"Right? I'll pat myself on the back for that fine play."

"Keep it up."

"Yeah! It's totally unrelated, but looking at all those crabs and shrimps... doesn't it make you crave pizza? Pasta is fine too."

Ao-chan, influenced by the seafood, suggested.

Just stealing the big claw of the one-handed crab and the Camouflage Essence was a success.

This quest turned out to be a significant harvest for me, more than the rewards and experience points.

Leaving the beach, we headed straight to the equipment shop.

"After every quest, you can make good items."

"That's because I can steal materials and items from enemies. Usually, things don't go so smoothly."

"I see. People who 'nibble' at things are different, huh?"

Ao-chan elbowed my side with a smirk.

"Well, well, well, that's how it is."

I neither denied nor exaggerated it.

"Welcome."

Entering the equipment shop, the bored-looking shopkeeper greeted us with a yawn.

I replenished the lacking materials and gathered everything I needed.

"Please synthesize the clothes with the big claw of the one-handed crab and the Camouflage Essence."

"Sure thing... You, the Thief—"

The shopkeeper raised an eyebrow and widened his eyes.

"Thanks to you, I heard the beach cleaning went incredibly well."

"It's not that it went well; I just found and defeated annoying monsters."

"Everyone doing business nearby was troubled. There were crabs everywhere, and even if they tried to defeat them, one of them was strong, and they were buffed. The customers were decreasing, and businesses were in trouble."

"It became a quest after all."

"That's right. It was a big help."

The shopkeeper grinned and took the materials to the back.

"With so many crabs, tourists would leave immediately."

"It's good that it also helped people."

As I was browsing the equipment, the shopkeeper returned.

"Is this okay?"

On the counter was a black jacket.

Its distinctive feature was the slightly longer hem, and looked ordinary.


――――――――――

Gilley Jacket

Magic Defense +11, Instant Death Prevention

It becomes difficult for enemies to recognize the wearer, making it easier to succeed in preemptive attacks.

If the wearer receives damage exceeding their maximum HP, their HP will be left at 1 only once.

――――――――――


The large claw of the One-handed Crab can be used to create weapons for heavy-armored classes, and when used as armor material, it provides an instant death prevention effect.

Most would likely use it for weapon crafting, but for me, it's a definite choice for the [Instant Death Prevention].

It's a one-time thing, like insurance.

But not dying from a one-hit kill can be a kind of psychological charm.

Trying it on, Ao-chan nodded several times.

"It looks good, looks good! It suits you!"

"Oh, thank you very much."

When I tried to pay, the shopkeeper refused to accept payment.

"I can't take the money. It's the least I can do for the feeling of gratitude."

Thanks to him, I didn't have to pay.

While I was talking with the shopkeeper, it seemed that Ao-chan also wanted something.

She surreptitiously placed something on the counter. The shopkeeper, seeing it, grinned at both of us.

"Is this for your enjoyment?"

"U-Uncle, please don't say unnecessary things."

"Alright, alright. I'll let you have this one for free. Hey, you two, the Thief and the girl, are you a party... a couple?"

"We're still not there! Please don't say such vague things in this delicate, intricate, fragile time."

"Sorry, sorry. Don't get so mad."

Ao-chan puffed up her cheeks in irritation.

Angry Ao-chan is cute.

And only the words "we're still not there" lingered in my ears.

Still not there—.

Does that mean there's a chance for us...?

"Here you go."

The shopkeeper placed a paper bag on the counter.

It seemed to contain what Ao-chan had bought. Ao-chan smoothly tucked the paper bag into her pocket.

"Geez, really, the species called 'uncle' says whatever without reading the atmosphere."

As we left the shop, Ao-chan expressed her dissatisfaction, pursing her lips.

"People might mistake us for a couple of adventurers because we're called a couple."

"Sorry about that. It's just—"

"No, no, no, I'm happy about it."

"R-Really... then, that's good. I'm totally fine, desu."

As Ao-chan mumbled, our eyes met.

With a slightly blushing cheek, Ao-chan, with moist eyes, whispered softly.

"Minato-kun... Shall we go to the hotel?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test