14 November 2023

Bottom Tier 28.1

Test

Hotel, Go?


"We've completed the quest, so shall we call it a day here?"

"Understood."

Ao-chan saluted with a relaxed gesture.

"What do you want to eat for dinner?"

"I'm sorry, but I have something to take care of here."

"Something to take care of?"

"Yes."

I nodded and glanced at the sandy beach where the battle was still raging.

"The sudden change in situation is due to a support-type monster that enhances the enemies' abilities. Because of that, more adventurers are getting defeated by the crabs."

"I see..."

"I can roughly guess which monster it is—"

I strained my eyes to find its figure, but it was nowhere to be seen.

"Well then, I'll stay too."

"Are you sure? I appreciate it."

When I expressed my thoughts, Ao-chan smiled.

"It's my role to support Minato-kun."

I couldn't help but feel my heart skip a beat at her smile and white teeth.

I like her.

"Gyaah!" Another scream echoed, bringing me back to reality.

"Well then, sorry for the overtime."

"Okay!"

"What I'm looking for is a monster called Moguri Ebi. It's a shrimp-like monster that digs holes in the seabed and sandy beaches to hide. It secretes a poisonous slime that is deadly to humans—"

"A shrimp? Oh, is that it?"

Ao-chan pointed to a shrimp on the sandy beach.

It was considerably large, about the size of a small dog, with a crayfish-like form and a sandy color.

Someone said it was a sea ninja, as it could move quickly in the sea and on the sandy beach without slowing down.

The shrimp suddenly spat out slime towards the crab.

"Isn't that poison?"

"For humans, yes."

Red and blue effects emerged from the crab that got hit by the slime.

"For monsters, it has the effect of increasing physical attack and defense."

Considering the size of this sandy beach, there's probably more than one.

I couldn't see the shrimp from earlier anymore.

"Sensei, please find the shrimp from here and tell me the location."

Without waiting for a reply, I returned to the sandy beach.

I'm jumping while stepping on the crab's shell to move.

When I arrived near where I had seen the shrimp before, there was a dug hole.

"Minato-kun! It's here!"

Ao-chan pointed to where the shrimp was.


――――――――――

Moguri Ebi

Level 20

HP: 89

SP: 167

――――――――――


"Gyeee!"

When our eyes met, the shrimp's mouth swelled.

It's that slime again.

I dodged it at the same time it was launched.

Then, it hit the crab right behind me.

Its abilities increased, and it swung its large claw towards me.

"Troublesome."

I avoided the large claw.

But in the meantime, the shrimp could escape—.

I decided to prioritize the shrimp over the crab.

However, the shrimp moved slowly, completely lacking its usual agility.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed the skill [Slow] was used to reduce its speed.

Ao-chan—! I didn't give any instructions!

I was a little moved!

Ao-chan had her tongue out and gave a thumbs up.

In that sequence, Ao-chan activated the skill [Evil Magic] on the shrimp again.

This shrimp should have valuable items for me to steal—

Dodging the crab's attacks, I immediately activated [Thief's Expertise] and [Thief's Aesthetic Eye].

The sound effects played, and I successfully stole.

<Stole Camouflage Essence or Potion from Moguri Ebi, dealing 29 damage to SP>

"Gyeee!"

The Moguri Ebi swung its arms and attacked.

I activated [Pyrotechnics] and hit it with a poisoned dagger faster than its attack.

<Dealt 15 fire damage to Moguri Ebi>

<Moguri Ebi got Burned>

<Moguri Ebi took 7 damage from Burn>

<Moguri Ebi got Poisoned>

<Moguri Ebi took 8 damage from Poison>

"Pigyuuguu!?"

Adding up the damage, it was a total of 36.

Just ordinary physical attacks won't cut it.

The shrimp tried to escape.

I anticipated its movement, blocking its path, and attacked again.

<Dealt 13 damage to Moguri Ebi>

<Moguri Ebi took 7 damage from the burn>

<Moguri Ebi's poison became severe>

<Moguri Ebi took 20 damage from the severe poison>

There's no way to heal for both the shrimp and the crab.

As I tried to search for other shrimps, I heard the system sound.

<Shiozaki Minato gained 231 experience points>

<Obtained 800 Lin from Moguri Ebi>

The power of the Poison Killer title is no joke.

The acquisition condition is to be below level 30 and have the total poison damage exceed the total physical damage.

From this, I realized that Poison has been a significant help to me.

Moreover, this will be quite useful in the future...!


――――――――――

Camouflage Essence

Lightweight, exclusive material for rear-guard class armor.

――――――――――


It has the effect of being less visible to enemies, making it difficult for them to hit me, and they are less likely to notice my approach.

"Minato-kun, found another one!"

Ao-chan informed me of the shrimp's location again.

Ao-chan, amazing...

She's really good at finding them.

Maybe her eyesight doesn't deteriorate because she doesn't play games or read manga.

Slipping through the crab's gaps, I headed under the shrimp and defeated the second one.

In the same manner, I defeated the third, fourth, and fifth... and around ten, I noticed a significant decrease in the number of crabs.

"What the...!? All the crabs without buffs now."

"Is it because of that guy defeating weird shrimps on his own?"

"Probably! I've seen that weird shrimp monster buffing them multiple times."

"Hey, you! Thanks!"

An adventurer waved at me.

"No, no, no... I also had items I wanted, so, well, well, well... It's mutual help, so, you know..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test