10 October 2023

Mob MC 306.1

Test

Chapter 306.1. Heimdall's Authority


Throne of Hlidskjalf. It's an artifact that can see everything in the world.

Among the many myths, the story of Odin in Norse mythology is fascinating. After all, Odin had the Throne of Hlidskjalf, and other information-gathering artifacts like Munin, Huginn, and Mimir.

I think Odin was not just stronger than others but much smarter. Information is power.

"Hey, why did Grandpa lose to Wan-chan even though you had all those information-gathering artifacts?"

That's why it's a mysterious story. If Mii-chan had the same artifacts, she would never lose. She's serious, not just flagging.

As we left the inn and walked through the forest next to it, I asked Grandpa Odin, who was walking beside me.

Grandpa Odin had an unusually awkward expression in response to Mii-chan's words. He cleared his throat and began to speak.

"Well... I would probably not lose in my current state."

"Lies. If Odin were at the top, he would still lose in the same way. Young lady, just because he has superior information-gathering artifacts doesn't mean he's strong with information."

"So, you know, in this world, there's a vast amount of information in the sea of electrons, but no one who knows everything, right?"

Frigg and Freya chimed in.

"I see... so you have to search to find out. And Grandpa, you were probably busy studying magic and unknown knowledge, right?"

"Yeah... I gave up on Fenrir, and there was the army of Heroic Spirits too. I thought I had a foolproof defense."

"I guarded the Bifrost, the bridge of the gods!"

"In hindsight, I was arrogant. My defeat was set from the moment I trusted Heimdall's vigilance."

"When the enemy army approached, I blew the Gjallarhorn!"

Heimdall was shocked and played the harmonica. It seems he had become a one-trick pony. Missing such a critical point until it was visible was fatal.

Yeah, if Mii-chan is doing it, she'll work properly.

"Well, if used properly, it should be useful, and Mii-chan will use it well!"

I plan to search for the world's most delicious parfait.

"Are you planning to search for the world's most delicious parfait anyway?"

"Frigg-oneesan, you've gained telepathic abilities too!"

"Well, I think anyone would understand."

Mii-chan was surprised by Frigg's words, and Freya responded with exasperation. Well, maybe I'm just too easy to understand.

"Well, if our enemy is using the Throne of Hlidskjalf to peek into Mii-chan's current state. It would be a problem. So, Heimdall, use [Clairvoyance] right away."

"Understood. Witness the greatness of me!"

Heimdall spun around like he was dancing and put on a determined expression as his eyes gleamed brightly. He seemed like a toy or something.

[Clairvoyance]

Heimdall's eyes gleamed. He looked around as if scanning the surroundings.

"Throne of Hlidskjalf. Throne of Hlidskjalf. Throne of Hlidskjalf."

I wonder if he really understands, but his [Clairvoyance] ability was not a bust.

"I found it! I found where the Throne of Hlidskjalf is!"

"Oh, where is it? Let's raid it right away! Nidhogg's Island? Now that everyone who has been resurrected as Gods is here, we can easily get it!"

There were no longer any leaders or executives in Nidhogg. If we all went together, we could obtain it, so Mii-chan clenched her small hands in excitement and filled her eyes with hope.

"Hmm? No, it's not on the island."

"Not on the island? Then where is it?"

I was surprised by the unexpected answer, but maybe it was some hidden base.

"It seems it's not being used. No, it's not being used in its intended way."

"Not being used in its intended way? What do you mean, Heimdall?"

Grandpa Odin frowned and chimed in. It's definitely strange. Such a useful artifact.

"The way it's being used... hmmm... it seems someone used it as the throne of the God's Castle."

"What do you mean?"

"You see, Odin's castle used to float, right? It seems that they're using the definition of the throne of the castle to keep the castle floating. But it's a waste. It's probably forgotten and left in a dusty room somewhere."

I see. So Sacred Artifacts can have alternative uses like that. Huh? A floating castle? I feel like I've heard that somewhere before.

"I see... Helheim must have been scheming in the background all along. Kukuku, I'm sure she handed it over to Nobunaga to make him worship her." 

"With Throne of Hlidskjalf, Nobunaga Oda could play a strategy simulation game from a God's perspective... Unbeatable."

Grandpa Odin laughed gleefully. Freya frowned at the fact, but, indeed, a strategy simulation game perspective like that is basically cheating. You would know where the enemy forces are, how many there are, and what equipment they have.

By using the Throne of Hlidskjalf, conquering the world would have been a cakewalk.

"But didn't Nobunaga hate God and Buddha?"

"Well, he probably just took it and pretended not to know. At the time, I don't think Helheim had descended to this world or had that much power. I think the loop started during the Age of Magic."

That sounds like Nobunaga, alright. I see.

I see, there might be something to do with the Emperor's floating castle. Nobunaga had an incredible power if he had such a secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test