05 October 2023

Bottom Tier 5.2

Test

Surprise Present (2)


"It's, like, a thank you for yesterday's battle."

"Hmm?"

"Well, sometimes other enemies join the fight during battle, so it's to make sure the teacher is okay even if they are taken by surprise."

Aoi seemed uneasy, and it looked like she wanted to say something, but she remained silent.

"...I want to do something too..."

I heard a muttered remark.

It seemed like she said it unconsciously, not intending to voice it.

Just that feeling alone makes me happy, and having her by my side is enough to keep me motivated. In that sense, Aoi herself is my motivation.

If I were alone, my days would have been dull, just moving from party to party to make money.

While waiting for the owner, Aoi looked at the sample weapons and armor in the store.

She began talking to other adventurers who had come.

I wonder what they're talking about.

Curious, I watched as the owner returned from the back with an item in hand.

"Here you go. Fairy Boots. It's 3,000 Lin. But, let's make it 2,600 as a bonus."

"Thank you."


――――――――――

Fairy Boots: Defense +4, Magic Defense +4, Agility +6

Footwear for rear-guard positions

Light and durable. Notable for increasing speed

――――――――――


If I'm really looking for efficiency, then the best choice for enhancement would have been weapons, not armor. 

But Ao-chan is my motivation to live in this world. 

It's important to be prepared for any eventuality.

"I'll take this." 

Ao-chan, who had come to my side, handed the item to the owner.

"Oh? This is..."

"Ah, wait a moment, please keep it a secret."

"Hahaha, understood. It's 3,500 Lin, then."

"Yes."

What Ao-chan bought.

If she's thinking about self-defense, she should consult with me. 

Maybe she feels awkward relying on her teacher for everything.

"Sensei, please put these on. It will improve your equipment from what you have now."

"Sure, thank you."

Ao-chan was wearing indoor sneakers. She gets summoned from inside the school, so she stays in them. By the way, I also had a reasonably comfortable jacket and sneakers for indoor use.

Ao-chan's sneakers were worn out, likely due to navigating unfamiliar forests in this unknown land. Still, she didn't utter a single complaint.

When Ao-chan gently slipped her feet into the boots, they fit perfectly.

"Oh. These feel really nice!"

"I'm glad you like them."

"Could you please not move for a moment?"

"Oh, uh... sure?"

Ao-chan brought her face close and placed both hands behind my neck. She had wide, expressive eyes with long eyelashes, and her thin lips were closed in a serious expression. 

At such close range, I couldn't help but look away quickly.

"There we go."

Ao-chan's voice sounded, and she moved away. 

There was a small emerald-colored stone on my chest.

"This is from earlier."

It was the necklace with the Wind Magic Stone that Ao-chan had just purchased.


――――――――――

Wind Magic Stone Necklace: Agility +3

A necklace with a small wind magic stone embedded.

――――――――――


"Minato-kun, I'm giving this to you."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course."

"Thank you so much! Um, I've never received a gift from a girl like this before, and I'm really happy!"

I blurted out what I was feeling, overwhelmed with gratitude.

"Is it your first time? That's so cute... Oh, um... Well, I haven't really given gifts to guys either, so it was a bit awkward, but I'm glad you like it."

Wait, was she talking to adventurers earlier to buy this?

"Since you mentioned that agility is important, I thought I should get an item that increases that."

"Thank you. I'll treasure it."

I gazed at the small wind magic stone in the palm of my hand. 

It's not a significant piece of equipment in the game, yet it makes me so happy. 

Could it be that sensei likes me...?

With my heart pounding, I stared at Ao-chan.

"Uh, it's because we're in a party together. Don't get any weird ideas, okay? There's no special meaning behind it. If something happens to you, it affects me too..."

"Oh, I see."

Yeah, there's no way she could like me. Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test