12 March 2022

Vtuber Chapter 47

Vtuber chapter 47

Old site

47. How a Vtuber Should be 9


I was looked down on by those people.

I was confident that I could make up the time against seven ordinary professional gamers.

There’s that much of a difference in skill between the five people I’m facing and myself.

What I didn’t expect, however, was that there was one player from a different dimension in the mix.

“Ibuki … !!!”

The presence of a monster pointing a muzzle at me from 300 meters away was fatally worsening my battle situation.

In short, I hit it too hard.

If I narrowed it down to a single point of long-distance shooting, I could have sworn that even I was no match for it.

It was not humanly possible to match the split second of running through the gaps between obstacles with just prediction.

Considering the distance, it would take the bullet about 0.3 seconds from the muzzle until it landed.

What the hell was she seeing?

Besides, I was familiar with this level of sniping skills.

That person is Japanese, female.

That alone was more than enough keywords to find out who she was.

“I remembered being shot by her a long time ago … and I’m pretty sure this is Tanabata-san… !!”

I knew that one of the two snipers was Ibuki.

But I didn’t think I would be able to find out not only where she was, but also who she was by getting shot.

She was more than capable of being the person Suda would put beside her.

Tanabata Koori.

She is the only Japanese woman who is considered a world-class LoS player.

She is a genuine sniper who has made a name for herself as an expert in sniping and is said to have an outstanding ability to predict what other people will do.

Honestly, she was not someone I could take on in such a disadvantageous situation.

“I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to leave it to Inori-chan …!?”

If Inori-chan had gone to Ibuki, she would not have won.

There is no doubt that Inori-chan is also a superb player, but when she was against Tanabata-san, her enemy is just too bad.

Usually, I would know where my friends were by looking at the map, but for some reason, my map didn’t show Inori-chan’s location.

I guess that it’s a bug caused by the fact that I escaped from the camp by unorthodox means, but because of that bug, I couldn’t determine in which direction Inori-chan goes.

My anxiety grew.

“Gaen, turn from the right!”

“Wow!”

But there was no time to think about that.

I had to do what I could with all my might.

“I can’t let you do that… !!”

Suda’s instructions were appropriate, and he cornered me like a game of Tsume-shogi.

Because Ibuki erased my choices, it didn’t become an equal strategic battle.

A red-haired man trying to pinch me- but I shot Gaen and Yara’s torso.

It was only a check, but I had enough time to move.

“–!!”

At the moment, the bullet of “Dizua” passes by the side of my side.

I had very little room to maneuver in the “Dizua” line of fire.

Even so, when I passed the bullet to the limit to freeze my spine, I found out that this person also has a reasonable arm.

I can’t go on like this.

“Imagine more …, see all seven people … !!”

My brain is about to boil.

I haven’t endured for a minute yet.

But.

“Gugh.”

-I was getting shot through my leg.

My shield is gone because Ibuku already shot through it.

Severe pain runs.

I stopped for a moment.

And that place was on the straight line that “Dizua” shoots through.

“Oh, shit……!”

The smell of death.

A bad premonition.

I just prayed that it would miss.

“…?”

But the bullets didn’t come from “Dizua”.

I understand while running again.

I understood that I was saved at the last moment.

“I was saved, Inori-chan …!”

Inori-chan is probably facing the Lord of “Disua”.

[Inori's POV]

Inori and Char were facing each other without any obstacles in between. If they wanted to kill each other, they were in a position to do so at any time.

In theory, the correct answer is for Inori to fire the C-88 in her hands without question, and there is no room for cowardice or dirty talk.

But seeing Char’s lack of caution, Inori was having a hard time making a decision.

Char uttered a voice to Inori as she remembered.

“Ah … I was so excited to see you Inori-chan, but by the way, I was in the middle of a game. I’m sorry for talking to you.”

“… No, that’s right.”

In LoS, there is an unspoken agreement that you should not talk to your enemies during a match.

That is because it can be considered cheating. Or cause other players to suspect you of cheating.

The apologetic Char narrowed her mouth and held her hands in front of her face apologetically.

“Hmm, it’s because of my perfection … It’s crazy to shoot suddenly from now on, but it’s different when compared lose on purpose, right?”

Char looks a little worried.

However, the conclusion came out immediately.

“Ok, let’s do it, Inori-chan.”

“Hm?”

“I’ll throw the grenade high into the sky! When it explodes, just shoot each other! It’s the kind of thing you often do when you’re training for a fight, where you start with your weapon locked away. What do you think?”

In short, the idea was to use a grenade to signal the start of a battle.

Inori had used it in practice with acquaintances, but this was the first time she had used it in a match.

In this game, aiming ability and split-second tactics were more important than standing around. It was hard to tell if she had an advantage or disadvantage. She couldn’t think of a better way.

“Okay …. Let’s fight with it.”

Inori decided to agree.

Char laughed joyously when she heard the words.

“Okay! Hmm, I’m looking forward to it. Inori-chan and Taiman. I can’t lose!”

Inori’s expression was firm against Char. Char is trying to enjoy the game purely as a game.

Inori knew that Char’s mood was playful, but she was also one of Suda’s chosen pro gamers.

She had thought that there was no way to win except by surprise, but now she found herself in a head-to-head battle with no strategy whatsoever.

“… But, I won’t lose.”

It is not only “Inori” that is a bet on this game, but also Kazuto’s life.

For Inori, the reason for not losing was too big.

After deciding on the content of the match, they each retreated and took some distance.

“Are you ready? Let’s get going, shall we?”

When she heard that voice and looked at the front. Char had “Dizua” in storage and held a grenade in her hand.

Inori also moved “C-88” to storage and turned her eyes to that grenade.

Inori predicts that this game will be decided in an instant.

In this environment with no obstacles, it was nothing but a battle of “how to do more damage than the opponent”.

Avoid and hit.

That’s enough to consider.

And.

“–Hoi!”

The grenade flew high in the air.

The grenade flew high enough to catch others’ attention.

However, the two do not even look at it.

They were looking into each other’s eyes.

Listen carefully.

They were focused, like strings on a string.

Suppress the quivering fingertips now or now.

—-BOOM.

“” —! “”

The first thing they competed on was reflex speed.

The two raised two fingers and cut the sky.

It is a shortcut command to make the weapon at the beginning appear in an instant.

Char is holding a “C-88”.

And so is Inori.

Both have the same weapon.

But it was Charu who was quicker.

“Ura!”

The muzzle perfectly captures the head of Inori.

While running sideways against Inori, there was no blurring at the tip.

“…”

Inori’s eyes are narrowed.

In LoS, cutting down an enemy’s health with a single magazine of a single weapon is a difficult skill to master.

Although it usually depends on the level of their shield. When it comes to an enemy with a total HP of 200 equipped with an Lv. 3 shield, the usual tactic is to switch to a second weapon and shoot than reloading

However, the story is different when it comes to the level of these two people.

It is common sense to hit almost all bullets and destroy the HP bar instantly.

They can finish each other with a single weapon, so.

Pointing the gun first was the key factor to victory.

However, Inori was inferior to Char in reflexes.

In other words, at this point, Char’s advantage has already been confirmed.

But that’s if she challenged her without a plan.

――I know it from the beginning! !!

If you can’t make the first move due to a lack of ability, you should just look for a way to win later from the start.

Because she knows that the other party is a strong one. She anticipates the disadvantage and devises the next measure in advance.

Inori also ran sideways. She pretended as a mirror image of Char.

She crouched down deeply.

This is a bet.

A bet that predicts two choices, whether Shall aims at her head or body.

If she’s aiming at her head. Inori then momentary crouching with maximum power.

On the other hand, if she aims for the body, she will throw her head into the line of fire, and defeat is inevitable.

Inori was going to take a game that was 100% unwinnable and turn it into a game of chance.

And the result is.

–Hit …!

Headshot attempt.

Several bullets grazed the top of Inori’s head.

At the same time, Inori’s bullets pierced Char’s body.

The effect created at that time was “blue”.

Char was wearing an Lv.2 shield that could provide a total of 175 durabilities.

“Heh…!”

However, Charu was also quick to re-adjust her aim.

Inori remained in a low position and then immediately took evasive action to the side. But a considerable number of bullets hit Inori.

And each other finished shooting one magazine.

Inori inflicted 160 damage on Char.

In contrast, the damage she received was 186

Even if she won the bet, there was still a gap between them that she could not catch up to

However, for Inori, the number of damage taken itself was irrelevant. The only thing that mattered was the fact that he had survived his first weapon fight.

The reason for Inori’s decision was the second weapon each of them had.

Inori’s second weapon, stored in her storage was the “Rulemaker”, a shotgun that was effective at close range.

Char’s second weapon is the sniper rifle “Dizua”, which shows its true potential at long range.

If you’re in a very close range, the current distance between Inori and Char is too hard for Char to hit Inori with the “Dizua”.

Overwhelming weapon advantage.

–I can win …!

Inori put all his strength into her legs to grab the victory that was right in front of her.

Char started shooting first.

ِChar also finished hitting first.

Therefore, it is also Char that holds her second weapon first.

The first is the “Legendary”, which is the heaviest caliber of the LoS and is targeting Inori.

There is no second shot in the bolt-action “Disua” that requires heavy cocking for each shot.

–If you duck, you win!

It is impossible to hit “Dizua” at this distance.

It’s too close to ads, and not close enough to hit with hip fire.

She’ll miss it.

She’ll miss it.

After predicting that Charu would not look through the scope, Inori jumped backward as fast as he could to increase his evasion rate as much as possible.

And the bullet shot from the “Dizua”

“……………………”

――Inori’s cheek, a millimeter to the side, was snatched.

Chills ran down her spine.

Inori chose to jump backward because she somehow felt that Char cannot ads now.

But if he had chosen to jump forward.

“… I lose?”

It was a close call, as the saying goes.

Inori slowly turned the “Rule Maker” toward Char while hiding her trembling hands.

Inori’s victory is settled.

“Ku, I’m out … I’m not very good at short range. ……! It’s a shame.”

Char, who had shot all of her attackers, seemed to admit defeat as she held her head.

For Char to shoot, she needed to reload the C-88 or cock the Dizua.

For Inori, she only needed to hit a few of the Rulemaker’s spread bullets then she was done.

After the “Dizua” bullet slipped past Inori, her victory or defeat was never perfect.

Because the strange situation was unexpectedly born on the battlefield. Inori is holding the life of her opponent in her hands, Inori fearfully called out to Char.

Even though she knew it was no manners, Inori had a question she wanted to ask Char after seeing the last shot of “Dizua”.

“Char…, ah no, the person inside.”

“Ai? Why?”

“Why did you aim at my head when you shot “Dizua” at the end? Given my physical strength, the torso should have been enough…. or rather, your aim would hit the torso. Wasn’t it? “

That precise blow shook her face.

Inori thinks that if Char shot at her torso. She would have been dead.

“…Hmm. My policy? Because it’s my partner, this guy (Dizua). It feels like this kid should go for a headshot! Oh, of course, it looks like I looked down on you. Isn’t it? Just– “

Char looks at the sky as if choosing a word.

“–I wonder if it’s a belief in calling yourself a professional sniper? If you have “Dizua”, you must aim for a headshot.”

Yes, he replied.

Inori rolls her eyes and turns to face Char.

“Don’t you shoot? Inori-chan wins?”

“… Ah, yes. That’s right. I’m sorry.”

Inori was one step closer to Shall while holding the “Rule Maker”.

“That …, can you tell me your name at the end?”

“Well, my name? That’s Char right?”

“No, not the name of your avatar …. If you can, give your real name. If you don’t like it, don’t worry.”

Char looked puzzled.

“It’s fine, but … why ??”

Char’s question was a natural one.

If there had been a third party here, they would have tilted their head as well.

Inori tells Char with a smile.

“… Like you. I have one belief.”

“Hey, what’s that?”

“–I’m cherishing my fans to death.”

This time, Char had a puzzled expression on her face.

After a pause, she realized the meaning of the words.

“…? Well, maybe I’m in there too? Isn’t it pretty terrible for Inori-chan?”

“Well, that’s right, but you’re also a fan of me, right?”

“I love you so much. What do I look like?”

“It doesn’t matter. No one likes me in any way, shape, or form. There’s only one person who likes me in every way.”

“Why did you just turn red?”

“I’m not tho?”

“What?”

Quiet talk break.

“Anyway, you are one of my important fans. Please tell me your name… I can’t remember everyone anymore, but I’m still trying to remember as many as I can.”

“What’s that great. That's just great.”

The person inside Char laughs at Inori.

And she revealed her actual name.

“… Najimi. Someiro Najimi.”

“Najimi-san, I’ll notice when you come to comments.”

“Really? I haven’t commented yet, but I wonder if I should try it next time.”

“Yes, I’m waiting.”

“Hey hey. Do you want to hang out sometime? I’ll carry you.”

“I’m sorry, I can’t do that. I’m sorry, but I can’t. I don’t intend to be friends with any particular fan. If you insist, please do so when you plan to collab with me.”

“It’s too professional and annoying.”

“Then I’ll shoot you.”

“So sudden lol.”

(TN: yeah this dude said (kusa) aka lol)

Inori’s eyes were not that of a joke, but she seemed to be planning to shoot in this fashion.

Najimi is being Najimi, only has a bitter smile.

“Because Kazuto-san is waiting.”

“That’s … It’s not my place to tell you this, but good luck.”

“Okay.”

Seconds after Inori shot Najimi.

The disappearing sound of the avatar sounds is beeping.

In the end, Inori couldn’t hear Najimi’s small mutter, “…Let’s quit this job.”.

BACK NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sure-Hit Archer 27

Test