12 March 2022

Vtuber Chapter 46

Vtuber chapter 46

Old site

46. How a Vtuber Should be 8


“The other two are surely aiming at me from a distance.  I want Inori-chan to defeat them somehow. Those people should be conscious of me, so I think they’ll be surprised. “

“… Are you serious? That means you’ll have to deal with seven of them by yourself until I get to the enemy…."

“Okay, believe in me. I’m not going to be defeated that easily. ”

“……I understand”

“You don’t have to rush to beat them. If you can reduce even one person- or if you fight and gain time, that alone will help me.”

―――.

[Inori's POV]

I remember the words that Hoshino-san told me.

I’ve just managed to escape from Suda and the others with the help of Hoshino-san.

I wanted to help Hoshino-san as much as possible, so I was thinking about doing her best.

“Exceed- ‘Eyes of the Sun'”

The first thing I did was to activate the skill of “Himiko”, “Eyes of the Sun”.

The effect of this skill is to “grasp the position of all players illuminated by the sunlight for 10 seconds after activation,” which is the only ability in LoS that allows you to search the entire map for enemies.

Although it is not easy to use because it is "Exceed", it was an excellent skill that can almost certainly detect an enemy outdoors. Because it has a long detection time, it can even determine where they go.

The goal, of course, was to find the two snipers.

Hoshino-san had said there was no need to rush, but I wasn’t going to spend a single second searching around in vain.

How can I afford to waste time when he’s fighting seven people?

I looked into Hoshino-san’s eyes and knew that he was concerned about me.

–Now it’s my turn to help Hoshino-san.

I closed my eyes and focused my attention on the “Eye of the Sun” with all my might.

The images of the eight people appeared in the field that I had created in my brain.

I could have checked the map. But because I got used to it, this method was faster.

“The enemies at a distance are … one on the hill and one on the ruins.”

Both of them are on a high ground where you can see Hoshino-san fighting.

I know that the guidance of the Eye of the Sun was correct. I decided to head for the ruins because they were close to my current location.

“Let’s hurry up.”

I run.

I leaned forward and stepped on the ground as hard as he could.

I scolded myself for turning my feet faster, but I pushed forward step by step.

The straight line distance to my destination was not that far, roughly 300 meters, but the steps, huge rocks, and half-demolished buildings distorted my path to an annoying degree.

Usually, I wouldn’t mind these objects, but I couldn’t help but feel they were in my way.

I wanted to go faster.

I wanted to go faster. And that was the only thing that kept me going.

“………”

I slammed my foot into the thinly-flooded river.

A splash of water danced high in the air.

And the kicked sand disappears in the wind.

I hear a gunshot from behind.

From the front, the sound of a sniper rifle.

But I didn’t pay attention to any of it and kept my eyes only on the road ahead.

Just move forward.

Because I knew that was the only way to save Hoshino-san.

–And I arrive at the ruins.

“I’m sure it’s around here…”

Remembering the coordinates indicated by the Eye of the Sun, I looked around.

The gunshot echoed from the ruins before was made by the “legendary” sniper rifle called “Dizua”.

It is a unique weapon that rarely appeared on the map, but you can get it in the “treasury”.

It is a unique weapon that is like a disaster; if you hit your opponent in the head, no matter what shield they are wearing, you will die in a single blow.

You can’t get the sniper rifle ammunition from the field, and once you shot the bullet, it turns into scrap metal, which is another characteristic of the Legendary Weapon.

But of course, its performance sets it apart from other sniper rifles.

Every time I heard the sound of a gunshot from the “Dizua,” I couldn’t stop the chill that came over me, thinking that Hoshino-san had been dead.

I muffled my footsteps and searched for signs of life in the vicinity.

If I heard the sound of gunfire again, I would know for sure where they were, but I couldn’t listen to it, as if they were firing cautiously due to the limited ammunition in the “Dizua”.

While listening carefully, I proceed slowly.

However, there was no sound of gunfire, not even the sound of breathing.

I began to wonder if they had already moved on.

“They’re not here? No, they can’t be.”

As I carefully clear the air, with only the wind shaking the air――

“What!?”

–At a very close distance.

A woman was holding “Dizua” and lying down.

For a moment, my mind went blank.

I was on high alert.

I was concentrating not to miss any information.

And yet, I didn’t notice it until I was standing right next to her.

There was no sign of her.

“–!”

I hurriedly tried to aim the SMG “C-88 Double Eight” in my hand at the person.

“… Oh? Maybe Inori-chan?”

A laid-back voice.

Because she calls me with such a voice, I just stopped my body.

She looks into the scope and guesses my name without looking at me.

If I consider the enemy members, it was easy to see that there was no other choice but for me to fight her, but it still felt weird to hear her call my name without making eye contact.

The woman with the short, earthy hair grabbed “Dizua” and stood up to face me.

Our gazes crossed, and a chill ran down my spine.

A desperate impatience filled me as I realized that I had lost my chance for a surprise attack.

“Wow, it’s Inori-chan. Really? No, it’s decided to be real. Great …, Your charming hair is great.”

…… But.

I frowned at the lightness of her flirtation, which was far beyond my imagination.

I don’t know what emotion I should make at her.

She is my enemy.

But I can’t decide if she is the target of my hatred.

“You are……?”

“Uchi? Uchi … Um. What? … Oh, yes, Char, Char, my name is Char.”

When I heard those words, I just felt a sense of emptiness.

When trying to answer your name, did you come up with a line such as “What was it?”

I had seen the real Char once.

She was a completely different person.

She doesn’t talk like this.

She probably didn’t go through the “acting instruction” that Suda mentioned. The horrible sense of discomfort was similar to that of a stuffed animal walking around in an amusement park with only its head removed.

I wondered if the sudden change of personality was this uncanny.

Whether or not she knew about my thoughts, “Char” spoke to me with a sparkling smile.

“I love Inori so much, you know! I love Inori so much! Her eyes are so bright and cute! Oh, I’m a fan! Give me your autograph later!!”

“… Eh, eh?”

“You have long legs, I envy you!”

The girl squealed as she twisted and turned while holding the “Dizua”

There was no lie in her remarks.

People have already told me that “I’m your fan” many times before. If I heard that, I could guess how much she liked me.

I could tell from her eyes that she was serious about me.

So why did she participate in this game, I began to wonder.

If she’s a fan of mine, I don’t understand why she helps Suda steal her “Inori” from me.

Char continued.

“Yeah, it’s amazing to see it up close … I like the way you look, Inori-chan.”

But then, suddenly.

I felt something was off.

“Is the size of your boobs is just right.”

That’s disgusting.

“I also like your soothing voice.”

The difference in values.

 I understand.

I get it now.

Oh, I see.

This girl…

“I’d like to go inside of Inori-chan, you know! …… Hmm, should I ask Suda-san?”

――She only likes “Inori”.

[Kazuto's POV]

On top of a hill, far away from the big battle centering on Kazuto.

There’s someone at the hilltop in the opposite direction where Inori was going.

There was Ibuki, pointing her scope at Kazuto.

“… This is the strongest in the world.”

Ibuki was stunned by the different dimensions. He could understand because he was looking down from a high place.

It’s not only that he has a complete grasp of the positions of the five opposing players, but he also maintains control of them.

It’s not a matter of “There’s an enemy here, so I’ll move him there”, but “There’s an enemy here, so I’ll move him there”.

We’ve been tricked by such a dictatorial method that nobody had any understanding.

“… Maybe those five don’t realize it.”

She can’t imagine that Kazuto chooses to do that.

Ibuki herself noticed this fact because she was lucky with her position.

She felt her body tremble at the “essence of the strongest” that she had somehow come to know because she had been watching from afar.

Ibuki looked into the scope and set her finger on the trigger.

“...”

Ibuki knew that while Kazuto is the strongest, there was still a definite way to hit him with this bullet.

“The opposite girl … “Dizua”. When you forcibly cut that line of sight.”

Kazuto is prepared to be shotted at to some extent.

That is why he prioritizes the projectiles that are aiming at him.

In other words, the presence of Dizua, the sniper that he must never get hit by, makes him lax about Ibuki’s line of fire.

“I respect you, ‘Kazuto’… But you can’t fight seven people, right?”

While muttering, Ibuki.

He shot through Kazuto’s leg.

BACK NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sure-Hit Archer 27

Test