10 March 2022

Vtuber Chapter 45

Vtuber chapter 45

Old site

45. How a Vtuber Should be 7


At the edge of my field of vision, I saw that the number of people remaining was 9.

There were two of us, me and Inori-chan.

And Suda’s camp had seven.

Right now, I just defeated one enemy, and the number of players left was an odd number.

I picked up the “Sphere Ship” dropped by the player who had turned into light and disappeared and took stock of the situation around me.

There were five enemies in my line of sight.

First, Suda and one other person were standing on the roof of a house directly in front of me.

Then, to my right, in the dead trees, there were two enemies.

One of them is watching me from behind a large rock lying to my left.

Inori-chan is sitting behind me. She's further back in the prison where I jumped out.

In other words, with my back to the camp, I was now surrounded 180 degrees by enemies.

“… Fu …”

I tried my best to keep my nerves alert in all directions as I tried my best to fight off the intense pain that my lost left arm was screaming at me.

Now, they are still surprised that I escaped from the camp alone and put down their guns, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they shot me at any time.

It was because they were so sure of their absolute superiority that we hadn’t been dead yet.

“… Kazuto-san … Is that?”

Suddenly, Inori-chan’s came from behind me.

She was trembling as if she was both surprised and sobbing. And her emotions that were put into it were sorrow itself.

I couldn’t afford to turn around, but it was easy to understand what Inori-chan meant by “it”.

“… Yeah. I can’t think of anything else. But it’s okay, I can fight.”

“No … it’s not okay, that’s … because it’s painful … No, it doesn’t hurt …?”

“……… Well honestly … it hurts. It hurts to death.”

To be honest, I wanted to look good, but I wasn’t confident that I could hide this deep blue expression, so I decided to confess it immediately.

I’m not in a situation where I can be bothered by a lie that she can detect by looking at my face.

“No matter what, it’s too crazy … Why did you do that.”

It’s not the same as what you’ve just seen, but it’s a different kind of tearful voice that seems to be worried about me.

What do you mean, why?

Although I sent fan messages so many times, did my feelings still not be conveyed?

Or has Inori-chan has already forgotten?

I told her again.

“That’s because I’m a fan of Inori-chan. I’m sure you’ve heard the phrase “I’d die for my favorite” before.

 ‘”

“… Hmm, if you die, I’ll be in trouble too.”

When I heard the reply, I laughed a little.

But my thoughts haven’t changed.

“Anyway, I like you so much. I can do anything for you.”

“…”

“…? Inori-chan?”

“No, no … I don’t know. Hoshi … I’ve known Kanae-san for a long time.”

“Ah, did you remember the message I sent?”

“Eh? Message? ………… Ah, of course. Yes, that’s what I’m talking about.”

It had been a long time since I had last sent a message, so I thought it was inevitable that she forgot that, but it was still good for me that she remembered me.

Although it was out of place, I felt a little calmer.

However, I hear a mushy voice from Inori-chan.

“… But Kazuto-san. You haven’t sent me for a long time, message. I was lonely.”

“Oh, yeah? It seems like you’ve been getting a lot of messages, so I thought it might be a good idea for the old-timers to pull their weight a bit….”

“That’s not true. I’ve been looking forward to it all the time.”

“Is that so……”

As a fan, this is the best thing that could happen to me.

“Then I’ll send it again when this match is over.”

“After this game? If you lose, I’ll be dead. Are you planning to send it to Inori-chan, who isn’t me?”

“No way. We will win from here. I have no intention of losing.”

We will return to our daily lives by defeating these guys.

Now, this is where it all starts.

I have an idea of how we can win.

“I have a request for Inori-chan.”

“A favor??”

“Yeah. That is …, ―――――――.”

“…Are you serious?”

“It’s okay. You can trust me.”

We're outnumbered?

A sense of pain?

Can’t use one arm?

What about it.

“Let’s go, Inori-chan.”

“……Yes.”

I’m going to make you regret picking a fight with the two of us.

It was strange.

I should have been so angry, but just talking to Inori-chan made me calm down.

I wondered if it was because my anger is about Inori-chan. Or because I subconsciously knew that if I frightened her, it would be for her good.

Such a calm mind made my thoughts clearer, and my horizons widened to the extent that I surprised myself.

I turned my attention to Suda, who was looking down at me from the roof.

“You’re very kind to take the time to talk to us. Suda-san.”

“No, I don’t mind. I don’t like to waste my time, but I like to see others waste theirs. Are you done with your useless strategy meeting?”

“Wasted, huh? You’re probably going to regret that, okay?”

“Can’t you see the five people surrounding you? What can you do from this situation?”

Suda told that to ridicule me.

For Suda who never loses his expression, I am.

“… You’re right. I’m sure that even I have a hard time dealing with five people at the same time.”

It looks regrettable.

“Well, no matter how strong the strongest in the world is–“

“–If there were at least four people, I could have killed them all at once.”

I said, regretfully.

Then.

Except for Suda, the atmosphere of the four Vtubers will change.

“… Are you kidding me?”

“Did you hear wrong??”

“…?”

“You’re getting carried away, dude.”

Even if they’re rotten bastards, they’re still professional gamers.

They have more pride than most people.

However, I continue to speak without worrying about their reaction.

“What are you upset about when I’m just telling the truth? One hand is enough for about four people. Well, I only need my right hand to deal with you guys.”

I add more provocation.

This made one man’s face turn bright red, and I could almost hear him shouting.

I change the subject.

“… By the way. Inori-chan is going to run away. Does anyone chase after her?”

“Ah”? What are you talking about? “

“No, that’s why Inori-chan is going to run away now. In short, you have two choices. You can either let Inori go. And the five of you fight me, or you can assign someone to fight Inori-chan?”

It’s easy to understand, I added.

“-However, if even one person leaves, this battle will end in less than 10 seconds.”

With a smirk, I said so.

At the same time, Inori-chan started to run right behind me.

In other words, she was running away as I had declared.

“Suda-san, you’d better decide quickly. Do you think I’m bluffing?”

“…”

I felt a tiny hesitation from Suda.

Perhaps he thought was, “It’s a lie, but I can’t say it’s a lie.”

I quietly stared at Suda’s face.

I knew he’ll make a decision, and I could see his mouth start to open, but someone else spoke up before he could.

“Are you stupid? There’s a gun in this game. You don’t have to chase them to kill them, you know.”

A red-haired male Vtuber.

In other words, the answer was don't chase her but to shoot her before they could escape.

When I heard the man’s words, I thought that might be the correct answer.

Unfortunately, it is conditional.

“It would have been the right answer if it wasn’t for me.”

The red-haired man pointed his assault rifle at Inori-chan–

“What the!?”

――But faster than that.

I shot the red head’s assault rifle and made the muzzle jump up.

Being in my sight, he wouldn’t be able to handle the gun as he liked.

I tell them all, looking at the redhead with a twitch in his cheek.

“I told you two choices earlier, didn’t I? Did you hear what I said?”

As if to convince them that I was the one with the advantage, I spun my words with dignity.

The only sound was the sound of my gunshot.

Perhaps it was because no one was talking, but it seemed to echo farther than usual.

Suda’s gaze changed.

“Inori-kun will be fine to catch later. Even if it’s just right, it doesn’t matter if it’s about that woman. First, kill this man.”

Realizing that the situation had progressed as I had intended, I chuckled slightly and looked across to see that Inori-chan had left the scene safely.

I grabbed the “Sphere Ship” with my right hand, which I had used to the point where it felt comfortable in my hand.

Instantly, the air became tense.

Their five muzzles pointed at me.

Warning from the sky tells me that all the landing points are right in the middle of my head.

At that point, I understand that everyone is a top-class player.

If I just stood there like this, I would be dead in a second.

I was in such a desperate situation.

I kicked up a flash grenade that was lying at my feet.

“… There aren’t enough obstacles here.”

-I shot out only the pin with a bullet.

Flash.

Everyone’s vision, including mine, is blown out.

I closed my eyes, so I was not seriously injured, but the light was still too strong and pierced my eyelids.

“… That bastard’s death drop …!”

I thought I heard someone say something, but I was closer to the flash grenade blast center than anyone else, and I couldn’t hear a thing.

I can consider it was disadvantageous depending on the viewpoint. But the merit will be far better in this case.

I was the only one who knew about the explosion, and I had memorized the scene in advance.

With my sight and hearing gone, I ran through the forest of dead trees, counting my steps as I moved to my target position.

“Maybe here?”

Slowly, my vision came back, and what I saw around me was just as I had imagined.

In front of me stood the quiet green-haired girl who had been hiding behind a dead tree, looking surprised.

“… and because of it I can’t be seen by the other guys.”

The three dead trees growing out of the ground were perfectly cutting off the line of fire from the other four

It was a tightrope walking position that could be established as a point, where even one misstep would leave a hole in the ground.

――It’s 1v1 one-on-one for only 3 seconds.

The green-haired girl shows unusual reflexes.

The speed at which she was able to aim her SMG submachine gun at me was also godlike.

I had already shot through the girl’s head.

100 damage.

The blue light scattered, I could hear the sound of the shield peeling off.

“…!?”

I went for a second shot, but the green-haired girl hid behind a tree without hesitation.

I guess she’s one of the fastest.

I was hoping to get the first kill, but it seems that my opponent is not that naive.

If I was holding the “Sphere Ship” with both hands, I could have gotten the kill in that instant, but I didn’t have my left arm, to begin with.

I switched my mind.

“–Next”

I took one step backward.

Where a second ago, there would have been two lines of fire.

The green-haired girl and the other man would have shot me at the same time.

However, now that the green-haired girl had hidden, that position was also my territory.

There is only one line of fire directed at me.

–Again, 1v1. This time it’s 2 seconds.

This time, my eyes meet with a loose purple-haired man.

Without pausing, I poked a hole in his head.

“… Seriously. How strong are you?”

The purple-haired man was looking at me with wide eyes, but his hands were firmly in action.

He had a grenade, and it seemed he was going to throw it at me.

He was probably throwing it in preparation for death by being shot by me.

There was no way I could kill him before he threw the grenade at me.

I could have ignored the grenade and fired a second shot, but then I would have been forced to take abnormal evasive action.

I could see how I would end up getting shot by the other guys by showing up from the obstacle to avoid the grenade explosion.

“‘Jack Leap’ … !!”

I instantly put away the “Sphere Ship” in the storage and made the “Jack Leap” appear in the air.

And at the same time as grasping the falling grip, I shook a flash toward the dead tree next to it.

The knife slips through the dead tree.

The tree slips and falls.–

“I was able to do it.”

–I had artificially created a long, horizontal obstacle.

This is one of the recent hot topics on the Internet, the use of blades.

I had my doubts as to whether it was true or not, but I took the gamble, believing in Houki-kun’s words that there was nothing that could not be cut.

The result was a success.

In my mind, I thought to myself, “I should be grateful to Houki-kun.

I followed the “wall of trees” that had sprung up between Suda and the others, closing the distance to the purple-haired man, and at the same time swapping my weapon for the “Sphere Ship”.

It’s very annoying to have to perform acrobatic maneuvers every time you change weapons because you’re one-handed, but the conclusion is that you have to get used to it.

The thrown grenade flew over my head and fell far behind me.

The purple-haired man, who was stuck in the throwing position, was unquestionably full of gaps.

――Can you go?

For me now, one kill is too big and I wanted to aim so much that I could get out of my throat, but if I overdo it even a little, it will lead to my immediate death.

I was worried while running, and then.

“… Eat this!”

I decided that I should go on the offensive, so I forced my line of fire through the purple-haired man.

The man’s face is frozen.

The other four can’t see me.

–I got it.

When.

That’s what I thought.

<< Warning from the Sky >>

A sniper rifle was pointing at me from an unexpected direction.

There are two murderous intentions pointed at me through the scope from far away.

They were coming from two opposite directions, north, and south, and they had taken away most of my safe zone.

Not 1v5-1v7.

I can’t duck.

“Ah …!?”

A sharp impact struck through the shield into my side.

I knew that in addition to the five people surrounding me. Two other enemies were hiding somewhere.

However, I couldn’t determine where they were because of the “Don’t look at me in the scope until the moment you shoot” policy.

“Oh, it hurts … Well, even if I knew where they were, I couldn’t do anything.”

Seven lines of fire are beyond my control.

I understood that zero damage was impossible from the beginning.

That’s why.

“I ask Inori-chan to disposes of them.”

I let Inori-chan escape.

BACK NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sure-Hit Archer 27

Test