10 March 2022

Vtuber Chapter 44

Vtuber chapter 44

Old site

44. How a Vtuber Should be 6


Warning from the Skytold me the crisis.

“… What?”

The muzzle for 8 people was facing us.

I don’t understand what’s happening.

I can’t understand what’s happening.

Four different units pointing their guns at us at the same time?

That’s impossible.

What’s our best shot?

Where can we get a clear line of fire?

There isn’t.

We’re screwed.

There’s no way out.

It’s a dead end.

Too much unreasonable stuff happened a sudden death.

“…?”

Inori-chan was looking at me.

I don’t even have time to think of the best move, so I followed my instincts.

-“Protect Inori-chan”

I don’t know if this will lead to a single victory.

That was the answer that my brain reflexively gave me.

I immediately threw away the Sphere Ship in my right hand and pointed my hand at Inori.

I touched her shoulder.

I pushed her as hard as I could.

Perhaps it was because I was in a critical situation, but time seemed to pass more slowly.

I could see Inori’s face slowly turning pale as she realized the situation.

–At the same time, I heard the sound of gunfire.

The first bullet hit my right hand, the one I used to push Inori away.

A purple effect from the shield and a reddish-black light, which only occurs when a person is in a “painful” state, gushed out.

I felt a tremendous shock, but there was no pain.

The shield protected me

The second shot hit me in the side.

The shield protected me again

But the third shot.

Here, the shield reached its limit.

“…,”

Warning from the Sky tells me.

That is where the real action begins. The barrage is about to begin.

The 100% release of pain sensation bared its fangs at me.

“–“

That’s not good.

The pain is intense.

“Uwah.”

I felt a strange sensation in my right shoulder as if a wind was blowing through my body.

But before I could figure out what it was, the roar of several gunshots combined pierced my ears.

The wind increased in myriad ways.

It was strangely cold, I thought.

A few moments later, I felt it.

A few moments later, I felt a strange coolness.

“U” Guaaaah!?!?”

I saw the true hell.

“Huh … huh … huh hah…”

The next thing I know, I’m in a prison camp.

The pain of being completely dead and having the wind knocked out of my body was gone, but it was still well ingrained in my memory.

I now know the horror of being shot – the pain.

It was far beyond my imagination.

I didn’t know how long I had been distracted by the intense pain, and I didn’t understand what was happening.

Was it just after I died, or did I just let go for a few minutes?

Since the game hadn’t ended, it probably hadn’t been that long, but it was hopeless.

Because I died, Inori-chan was alone.

“…”

I hurriedly opened the hologram and looked at Inori-chan’s situation.

――.

Inori-chan was on both knees, staring at the ground.

“… What is this?”

Right in front of Inori-chan, a man was holding a gun.

He was a Vtuber from Zero Live, and I had seen him before.

Their gun muzzle is pointing at the back of Inori-chan’s head, and the mere pull of the trigger will kill her.

But the presence of several people watching from the roofs of houses and trees surrounding the two men emphasized the bizarre scene.

“These bastards!!!”

–Teaming.

I realized that this was an act of cheating that could be considered out of the question in BR, forming a clique even though they were enemies.

The people around Inori-chan are Vtubers who I’ve seen with Suda somewhere.

The teaming was so blatant that there was no need for proof.

If Suda’s words were correct, they were probably all professional gamers.

Every one of them was higher ranked than Inori-chan, and I could assume that they were the ones who were running at the top of the rankings.

Considering that the number of muzzles pointed at us was eight, we can see that at least that many people are hunting down Inori-chan.

“Shit … !!! Shit !!!”

If I think about it calmly, it’s not that crazy.

It was an act that Suda’s vileness would not be surprised if he got his hands on – in fact, it was an injustice that he deserved to get his hands on.

“I should have been vigilant from the beginning … !! Why I don’t even notice this!!!!!!…… Damn !!!”

If Inori-chan and I knew it, I could have done it.

We can hide and defeat them one by one from the avatar that seems to be Vtuber.

Or, before they get together, find Suda and decide the game.

I could have gotten a winning strategy from anywhere.

“But there’s nothing I can do about it.”

This is a prison camp.

It’s a place where you can’t do anything without the help of your friends.

――I noticed when I saw the scenery reflected in the hologram.

Inori-chan got her knees right in front of the camp where I was trapped.

Then I realized what had happened to me while I was in thought.

“… Inori-chan. To help me.”

Inori-chan came to help me without giving up even though she was dealing with far superior professional gamers.

Believing that I could manage this situation, I ran through to this point while resisting overwhelming despair.

I regretted her helplessness and tears.

“I’m sorry … I’m sorry.”

It’s because of this systemically indestructible wall and chain.

I can’t do anything.

I can’t go to help.

“Damn … !!!!!! Come off !!”

Although I knew it was useless, I slammed the chain.

I wanted to jump out of the camp right away and run to Inori-chan.

“Why … !! Isn’t there anything !? From here, how we can win … !!”

The answer was “impossible”, which I can understand because I played this game more than anyone else.

But I couldn’t help thinking.

“I don’t like it … I don’t like it !! Even Inori-chan doesn’t give up !? Don’t give up on me too !!!”

I swore I’d protect you.

I’m going to save you from this situation.

I’m going to turn everything upside down.

The sound of the chains on my arms clanking sounded.

This is.

This never-breaking chain blocks my path.

“Let’s go … !!!”

[Inori's POV]

“Looks like my bad legwork has come to an end.”

I could hear Suda’s voice from the roof a short distance away.

I was surrounded, and he pointed a gun at my head.

There was nothing more I could do.

Maybe Hoshino-san could do something about this situation, but I couldn’t think of anything else.

I’m almost a the prison camp. But if I moved even a little, they’ll shoot me.

“…”

Everyone here is stronger than me.

All of them had terrifying aiming power, and I couldn’t imagine winning even one-on-one.

What surprised me was that even Suda was as good as the pros.

In a simple shootout, the pro gamers would probably win, but in terms of strategy and getting around, I could see that they were more than capable of making up for it.

“… Teaming. Isn’t this dirty?”

I glared at Suda and let my disgust get the best of me.

“This is a game where hundreds of millions of dollars are at stake. Do you think I care about such rules about the system?”

But there was no hint of guilt in his aloof reply.

“What a lowlife.”

“Haha, scary.”

It was frustrating.

I’m not going to let a man like this take away my “Inori”.

“Well. The only ones left in this game are us, Inori-kun. You can end it now, but ……, do you have any last words as Inori? I’ll give you some time.”

It was a grin, a grin that made me look like a fool.

He had a look of triumph and confidence.

“No. I don’t have a hobby to entertain you.”

It was the least I could do.

I remained resolute and never showed any tears.

However, Suda didn’t seem to care about me.

“I see. Well, that’s fine. Then I’ll tell you how I plan to produce it after I receive it from you. You have the right to know.”

“…?”

I’m not interested, I try to tell him.

“I want to take full advantage of the friendships you have made.”

“–“

The words took my breath away.

“Inori, you have been involved with the members of Zero Live to a certain extent. I’ll let you continue that relationship, of course. I’m sure you’ll be happy to hear that. …… And then there’s Kuon and-.“

Please stop.

“–Kanae-kun, I want you to get along with her. I can get the number of views.”

I don’t want to see it.

“Oh, don’t worry about it. Don’t worry, I’m going to give you plenty of acting lessons. They’ll never know you’ve changed.”

I don’t like it.

“All you have to do is support me from the outside. –You’ll just have to cheer from the outside, watching the new Inori-kun get along with the girls.”

That’s the image that popped into my mind.

I could feel the strength leaving my legs.

“…………”

I got on my knees.

My heart couldn’t take it anymore.

“…? What’s wrong, Inori-kun?”

I was being trampled upon unceremoniously.

My precious things are being destroyed.

While feeling the tears that I decided not to spill, I replied while standing down.

“… You can’t go unnoticed. Kanae-san will notice it. We’re not in such a thin relationship.”

I’m sure Kanae will see through me.

I’m sure she will see through me.

I uttered an unfounded, mere desire.

“Is that so? People aren’t skeptical, as long as they have an appearance, because she doesn’t know that there is such a technique in the first place.”

“…”

Why is this man relentlessly trying to hunt me down?

I don’t even know if it’s unconscious or intentional.

And finally, Suda trampled even the most important memory of me (Inori).

“It’s the same with Kazuto. After a month, He’ll be supporting a new Inori-kun.”

Hello, really.

If even “Kazuto”, who occupies the largest part of Inori’s heart, is gone.

What would be left for me?

It was the limit.

“… I don’t like it anymore …”

I can’t see what’s ahead.

“Inori, Inori … Why did I work so hard …”

I can’t hold back my tears.

I can’t stop sobbing.

All the memories of the past come flooding back.

The memories I enjoyed and the memories I suffered were all my treasures.

Everything was stolen and against me.

“… Kazuto-san.”

What suddenly overflowed from my mouth?

It was the name of my favorite person (Inori).

“…………Save me..”

Even if I knew it was impossible, I couldn’t help but speak it out.

[Kazuto's POV]

Inori and Suda are talking about something.

I don’t understand the content of the story.

――But I knew Inori was crying.

“Suda … !!!! Sudaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.”

Don’t make her cry.

Don’t make Inori-chan cry.

“I’m going right away …! Absolutely, I’ll kill him … !!”

I was swept away by the raging emotions and pulled the chain with all my might at that time.

The pain ran off as if my arm was gone.

“…!”

Suddenly I remember Houki-kun’s words.

— “There is nothing in this world that cannot be cut with knives. Except for indestructible objects.’

The chains that can't be broken.

The fact remains the same.

But what about my arm?

Can this left arm be cut off?

“…, …”

I open the storage.

The last thing in my storage was the “Jack Leap” knife. The knife that I was holding when I died.

My breathing becomes ragged, both from the small hope I see and the horror that chills me.

“Huh … huh … huh … huh.”

I remembered the pain from the countless bullets that had pierced my body.

I’m sure this pain is not on that level.

In LoS, “site defect” can occur under extreme conditions.

Even if you have turned off your sense of pain, many people are uncomfortable with the uncomfortable feeling they can’t shake.

With 100% pain sensation, wake up by yourself.

“… But I must protect Inori-chan …”

She was crying.

 Although I was there and I saw her cry twice.

“Fu … Huh, Fu ………”

It’s all for everything that Inori-chan loses.

Remember.

Remember her trajectory, memories, and hardships.

I saw her frustration when things didn’t work out.

I knew she was going through a lot of trial and error without us seeing.

The number of her subscribers exceeded 100, then 1,000, then 10,000.

Each time, they thanked her and looked happy and excited

She was so happy and excited to see us. She had been working so hard, step by step, until now.

“There is no reason to take it so easily … !!”

Be prepared.

Give it all away.

“… !!”

I hold the blade on my left arm.

My field of view suddenly narrowed.

Scary

Scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary scary

Suddenly.

Through the hologram.

I heard a small voice.

“…………Save me.”

I.

For Inori-chan.

“UWAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!”

“…………Save me.”

I knew that was impossible.

I knew it was impossible.

But I couldn’t help but wish for it

Hoshino-san’s face comes to my mind.

Even though I knew it was useless, I couldn’t give up and tears spilled out.

But at that time.

“―――― Exceed”

My prayers were never going to come true.

It was as if he had come to fulfill my prayer by force.

There was a voice.

A voice that endures agony.

A voice that trembles with anger.

The next thing I knew, the door to the camp was open.

And.

“-“Comet”!!!!!!”

The dazzling light made me close my eyes.

The flash made me close my eyes.

I don’t know what happened.

“… I’m sorry for being late, Inori-chan.”

I slowly lifted my eyelids, startled by the voice that came from right in front of me, a voice I wasn’t supposed to hear.

He slit the man who was pointing his gun at me with the speed of a comet.

With the knife still in its full swing, he slit another man.

“Kazuto, san.”

The man of my first love was standing there.

BACK NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sure-Hit Archer 27

Test