01 May 2024

Twilight Alchemist 67

Test

67. Care Is Something You Have To Be Aware Of, Isn't It?


After finishing the meeting with the Casper sisters, we disbanded for the day.

After a day of preparation, we gathered again at the adventurers' guild.

When I arrived at the meeting place, the three sisters were already there, despite the long journey ahead, they had no luggage.

"Eva, you're traveling light. Don't you have any luggage for the long journey?"

"I can use spatial storage. I'm sorry, but I don't have room to accommodate your luggage."

"It's okay."

Just being able to use spatial storage shows their skill.

And if they can fit three people's worth of supplies in there, even more so. I was planning to take care of their luggage, but it seemed unnecessary.

Indeed, rumors of them being the top rookies seem to be true.

A corner of the guild hall is used by adventurers as a meeting place, just like us.

Everyone checks their weapons and luggage and has pre-meetings as usual.

Today, all eyes were on us.

Then Raidoc's party also arrives.

"Are we late?"

"No, it's still early. Leafan is greeting Kyle, so he might be a bit late. Jitaro, if he's late, we'll leave him behind."

"Haha. It's better to leave Jitaro behind. He's unreliable in the forest."

"Well, yeah."

As Raidoc and I exchange banter, Ranger Soral, Priest Bep, Magician Bardak, and Warrior Morda exchange greetings with the sisters.

Raidoc's party members are meeting the sisters for the first time.

"Craft, our luggage."

"Yeah."

Stacked in a corner of the wall are not only essential items for adventuring. Also cooking utensils and spare weapons.

Eva looks surprised when she sees it.

"Just a moment. I heard Raidoc is an excellent adventurer."

"Raidoc is excellent. I can vouch for him."

"Do you mean in terms of combat prowess? Judging by this luggage, it seems he lacks exploration skills..."

She seems to imply that they don't need dead weight.

But that's a complete misunderstanding.

"The adventurer's guild isn't an organization where you can reach B-rank just based on combat abilities, right? So, it's like this. 'Spatial Storage'."

As I quickly store the heavily packed luggage with magic, Eva's eyes widen.

"You can use spatial storage too!?"

"Yeah."

"Well... it's a rare magic, but some people can use it... and the capacity is even more impressive."

"Yeah. There's a reason for that. Originally, I wasn't an alchemist emblem holder. I was a magician emblem holder."

"Huh? Did you change emblems?"

"Yeah. To make a long story short, the emblem didn't match well."

"I've heard that emblems that don't match can't be inscribed."

"That's true in normal cases. But it seems it happens if you're unlucky."

Eva crosses her arms and thinks.

"Does that have anything to do with the capacity of spatial storage?"

"According to my mentor, Jabil-sensei, as a magician, I forcibly compressed and efficiently used magic power, which resulted in being good at compressing and efficiently using magical power."

It's Jabil's hypothesis, but since there's no way to prove it or experiment with it, he doesn't write papers about it.

"Huh!? Jabil!? Is that the famous Jabil-sama!?"

"Yeah. Jabil-sensei is currently working as the exclusive alchemist for Kyle's brother Zaid, so I happened to meet her by chance. From that connection, she agreed to be my teacher."

It's a little different from the truth, but it's easier to understand this way.

"That's enviable... She's famous even in magical circles."

"She's active in a new organization called the Academic Society."

"She's an admirable person... But is it okay to call the two nobles by their first names?"

"Ah."

Oh no! It's my habit! "Ah, um... That. I'm close with Kyle. Keep it a secret."

"I've heard the rumors. Kyle-sama trusts you completely. But what about Zaid-sama?"

"Ah, I'll keep this a secret too, but I can't like Zaid. There are various reasons."

"I see. I understand. I'll keep that in mind."

"Thank you."

Eva sometimes has a slightly blunt attitude, but she seems to be a good person.

It's a disrespectful impression to older people, but...

"Raidoc, we're done."

"Yeah. Leafan and Jitaro are still not here?"

"It's understandable if Leafan is late, but what's Jitaro doing?"

"Craft, can't you contact them with magic?"

"No, I can't. As far as I know, there's no magic like that. Eva, do you know anything?"

"No. But I heard from my master a long time ago that there is such a tool."

Hearing about a tool, I remembered.

"Come to think of it, I heard from Jabil-sensei. There seems to be a tool that allows communication no matter how far apart."

"That's convenient. Can Craft or Leafan make one?"

"No, it's impossible. It's apparently quite a rare artifact, whether the country has a few of them. And there are various restrictions on its use."

"I see. That's a shame. It would make communication easier if we had it."

"If it could be mass-produced, the world would change."

"Well, it's useless to think about things that can't be made."

"That's true... Oh, looks like they're here."

Apparently sensing their presence, Raidoc looks towards the guild entrance.

Immediately after that, Jitaro, carrying a large load, jumps in.

It's just a little past the promised time. I suppose I'll let it slide.

"Oh! Sorry for being late! I did some shopping at the Sealer's Shop!"

"That's fine, but... no, never mind."

Items from the Sealer's Shop were sticking out here and there from Jitaro's bulging bag.

The Sealer Shop, run by the bewitching widow Sheila, has operated properly even after Golden Dawn moved to this area.

And apparently, Jitaro has feelings for Sheila.

I'll send him this thought in my mind.

You have no morals! Jitaro!

Well, live as you please.

He bought iron arrows, bird feathers, and some long-lasting food, among other things.

Even though he should know I'm here and that these items aren't necessary, he still packed things like Sharpness Oil and Stamina Potions, reminding me of Jitaro's interactions with Sheila.

"Jitaro... that won't come out of the budget, you know?"

"I'm not asking for such requests! You have to make my wallet hurt to show sincerity!"

"Are you serious or not..."

With a sigh, I use magic to store Jitaro's luggage, and once again, Eva looks amazed.

"How much can you store in there...?"

I wonder what kind of face she'd make if I told her it's the size of a giant dragon?

But I won't spread that information, so I keep quiet.

As we engage in small talk, there's a commotion near the guild's entrance.

"Kyle-sama!"

"Hey! Kyle-sama is here!"

"Good morning! Kyle-sama!"

"Yes. Good morning."

"Yay! We got a response from Kyle-sama!"

"What!? Kyle-sama! Good morning! Welcome!"

"Yes. Good morning, everyone. I'm sorry to interrupt your work. Please go on, as usual, ignoring me."

Amidst the bustling voices of the adventurers, Kyle's voice can be heard.

"Nya!? Kyle-sama is here!? You guys, step back a bit!"

"O-Okay."

"Kyle-sama! If anything happens, don't hesitate to tell us!"

"Just step back! Kyle-sama! Welcome!"

Surrounded by adventurers, Kyle's voice sounded.

"Craft, are you here?"

"Yes, nya! He's over there!"

Finally finding me as the adventurers step back, the short Kyle seems relieved.

Not only Kyle but also Persia, Myrna, and Leafan were with him.

"Kyle. Weren't you busy?"

"That's right, but... Myrna said she wanted to see us off."

"Myrna did?"

Myrna is Kyle's twin sister, but it's hard to tell if she likes me or hates me.

I wonder if she likes me enough to come all the way here to see me off?

"I see. Thanks for coming all this way, Myrna."

I pat Myrna's head, not in a noble manner, but as if I were talking to my siblings.

"Mm..."

Myrna hands something over.

"Mm!"

"What is it?"

"She wants you to take it, Craft-oniisama."

Kyle chuckles softly.

I see, so there was something small on Myrna's hand.

"...Scary!?"

It was a rabbit. A small rabbit doll.

But it was patched up, with one eye and an empty eye socket covered with an eye patch, making it a striking rabbit that looks like it came out of a nightmare.

"...!"

I immediately received a kick from Myrna. It didn't hurt, but it hurt.

"Craft-oniisama, she wanted to embroider it to match the rabbit doll she always carries."

"Huh?"

Now that I look closely, although they are different in size, the large rabbit doll that Myrna always carries and the base look the same.

"How did it end up like this..."

I received another kick.

Am I disliked to the point of being given such a cursed item!?

"Hehe... Sorry, Craft-oniisama. When Myrna said she would give it to you, I said it might be too cute for a man."

"Huh?"

Uh, so... what does that mean?

"Myrna wanted you to have the same doll as a talisman?"

A talisman... I see. A talisman.

Then I finally understood.

Myrna wanted to give me a talisman but only bought a doll.

So she tried to give me the doll she had, but due to Kyle's unnecessary comments, she attempted embroidery for the first time.

 As a result, she ended up with a rabbit that looks like a subject of numerous human experiments...

"Yeah... Sorry. Myrna worked hard to make it for you, you know?"

"Mm."

Myrna nods softly.

She made it with all her heart. I have to take it with me.

"So, Craft-oniisama, how does it look on me?"

"Nya!"

"It looks like you're wearing a cursed straw doll on your waist."

"Skyblast!"

"Wha-a-a-a-a-t!?"

Without a word, I blast Jitaro away with magic.

"That's awful..."

Although Raidoc looks pityingly at Jitaro, who is lying down saying "Ouch," Eva is also amazed to see Jitaro getting up, saying "With that power... you got up?"

Jitaro at the moment needs this much or it won't work.

"Ah, Myrna. Thank you. I'll make sure to carry it properly."

"Mm."

She's back in a good mood.

It looks strange, but she made it with all her heart. I have to take it with me.

"Well then, Craft-oniisama, please go out safely."

"Yeah. Leave it to me."

And so, we set off to the unexplored lands.

But seriously, that Kyle guy, he's just casually calling me Onii-sama in the middle of the street. I'm giving up on him already!

"Don't leave me behind!"

Should I blast him away one more time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test