29 April 2024

Twilight Alchemist 65

Test

65. Important Missions Always Tighten The Nerves, Isn't It?


Called to Kyle's mansion, we were guided to the usual room and served tea.

Leafan and I were sitting on his knees as usual, and Myrna, who always sits on my lap, was also there as usual.

Perhaps because I was there, Raidoc was also called today.

I understand that, but for some reason, Jitaro was also there.

"Oh, it looked fun, so I decided to join in!"

"Easy-going..."

Regardless of what anyone said, Jitaro usually participated in important events related to the city's development. No problem.

But is being a hunter really a good job?

While chatting about that, Kyle, accompanied by Persia, came into the room.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. I got a little delayed with organizing the documents."

"You seem quite busy, Kyle."

"Yes. Thanks to the increasing population, there's a lot to do."

"You're not pushing yourself too hard, are you?"

"I wouldn't say I'm not pushing myself, but I make sure to get enough sleep and rest."

I shifted my gaze from Kyle to Persia.

"Yeah. If left alone, Kyle-sama would bury himself in documents without eating, so I have to drag him to the table every time, and at night when the candles run out, I wait for the moment he tries to light a new one to take away the documents. He's getting enough sleep, though."

"Kyle..."

As I gave him a look of disbelief, Kyle scratched his head with a sheepish smile.

"I'm not pushing myself in the end."

"Well, if that's the case, it's fine. If there's anything you can't handle, just consult with us."

"Yes. Well then, there's something I'd like Craft-niisama's help with right away."

"Oh. Is that why we were called here?"

"Yes."

Our conversation with Kyle was usual.

But since Raidoc was called this time, it's obvious that there's a special request.

"Oh yeah! I'll do my best!"

"Hey, you weren't called."

"Come on, Craft-san. Are you going to hog all the fun?"

"Well, you're clearly with Raidoc, aren't you?"

As Jitaro and I exchanged words, Kyle chimed in with a smile.

"It's alright. Originally, Craft-niisama and Raidoc-san were consulted, and if necessary, I intended to ask Jitaro-san for help."

"Was that so! That's great!"

"Really... Well, whatever. Let's get to the point."

"Yes."

Ignoring Jitaro's complaints like "That's awful!", I urged Kyle lightly.

"What we want to request from everyone this time is mainly the investigation of unexplored areas."

"Unexplored areas... meaning places where humans haven't reached?"

Humans have been deprived of their habitat by monsters for a long time, but over the past few centuries, villages, towns, and countries have been established, finally expanding their living space. However, the range is still limited.

People said humans once boasted prosperity and ruled this land with magic power, but there is no trace of that now.

Because of such history, for present-day humans, most of the world remains shrouded in mystery.

It's common to find huge ruins when investigating deep into the forests adjacent to the village where you live.

"Yes. With the cooperation of the Adventurer's Guild, we've gained quite detailed information around Golden Dawn, but as we go deeper, there are still many unknown places. The investigation of the plains is progressing, but the investigation of the forests and mountains is almost untouched."

"That's right. Just a little deviation from the path in the forest, and you'll be lost."

Then Raidoc nodded.

"I've had the experience too. There was a forest I used as a hunting ground in the past, and I thought I knew it inside out, but one time, just a little off the usual animal trail, I stumbled upon an old stone house and was shocked."

Even a forest professional like him.

Following Raidoc's words, Raidoc continued.

"It was similar when we were searching for dragons. With a little elevation change in the plains, the distant view gets obstructed. It took nearly a month to find it that time."

"Even in the plains. There are many things not found in the forests."

Kyle nodded seriously.

"That's right. We prioritize the range in this investigation, so detailed investigations are not necessary. It will mainly focus on the general distribution of plants, animals, and monsters, as well as making maps."

"I see. And then, hand over the investigation results to the Adventurer's Guild, leaving them to handle the detailed investigations."

"Yes, exactly."

Kyle smiled brightly.

Myrna was swinging her legs looking bored. If you're bored, you can go back to your room, you know?

"The walls of Golden Dawn are also complete, and the population is increasing. I've decided to move on to the next stage."

"That's right. With such a base established. It's time for us to expand our living space using this as a foothold."

It will be the beginning of a great achievement, the first step for humanity, which has long been suppressed by monsters, to reclaim its living space.

"And, this job can only be done by Raidoc-san and the others who have completed the dragon subjugation, along with Craft-niisama, the top alchemist. And not just for his smithing skills, but also for her knowledge of ores. There's no one else but Leafan-san and the others!"

Myrna turned her face upward, meaning towards me.

Yeah. It doesn't look so grand to me.

"It's a bit embarrassing, but it's certainly a difficult task for anyone other than us."

"Yes. It's a dangerous mission, so I'd like Craft-niisama to stay. But..."

"I'm also a former adventurer. It's okay to expect something from my magic now. Don't hesitate to ask."

"Yes, that's true. I believe in Niisama. So, I'd like you to investigate a wide area."

"Got it. Leave it to me."

"Also, on another matter, we've received a request from the Commerce Guild. They want us to acquire rare ores. Missyrel?"

"Yes. Missyrel is currently the most requested, but there are also many inquiries about Adamantite."

"Well, having both would be appreciated."

"As for Missyrel, we've been sending mining teams regularly to the vein found by Craft-niisama and Leafan-san before, so there shouldn't be much of a problem. So, if possible, I'd like you to discover an Adamantite vein and mine it to some extent."

"Got it. Leave it to me."

Rare metals are a perfectly reasonable resource for the pioneering settlement to target next. Especially Adamantite, since few mines can be mined, if it can be newly discovered, it will undoubtedly be a huge success for Kyle.

It's one of the few chances to cooperate with Kyle. I'll definitely find it. If Leafan is there, we can manage somehow.

"If we find an Adamantite mine, Kyle-sama's reputation will also rise! I've never touched Adamantite before. So I really want to find it!"

"Yeah, I'm counting on you!"

Not only Raidoc but also Leafan's eyes sparkled when they heard about Adamantite. It must be a deeply cherished metal for her, being of gnome descent, along with Missyrel.

"Also, there's another request from the Adventurer's Guild. Do you know the Casper Triplets, Raidoc-san?"

"Casper? Of course, I know them. They're a trio of adventurers, said to be the top young talents. Originally based in the town where the border count lives, Gandar, they recently moved their base to Golden Dawn."

I've heard of the Casper Triplets before.

They're a young, talented adventurer party, and they quickly rose to E-rank adventurers. Since all three of them have crests, they might have reached D-rank or C-rank by now.

And they're all said to be beautiful.

"Have you met Raidoc?"

"I've only greeted them at the guild."

"If you know them, it'll be easier to talk. The guild wants them to accompany us on this investigation."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure, but they want us to educate them. They've only recently arrived in Golden Dawn, so they might not know their way around here."

"I see. So the guild wants to train them specially."

"It seems so. We can decline if there's a problem."

"What do you think, Raidoc?"

"I'm fine with it. Training juniors is also part of an adventurer's job. Although, they might be older than us."

"That shouldn't be a problem. The history of adventurers is important."

"That's right. And they looked the same age as me, or a little younger. If Craft has no problem, it's up to Leafan and Jitaro."

"I'm okay with it!"

"I'm fine with it too! I always welcome girls!"

"Well, that's what you'd say."

Since everyone agreed, I conveyed our approval to Kyle.

"I understand. Then please go to the Adventurer's Guild as soon as possible and discuss with the Casper sisters to determine the departure date. Please investigate for two to three months. Craft-niisama, did we have enough stock of potions for that?"

"Yeah, we have enough in stock. Persia, while we're away, make sure Kyle doesn't do anything reckless."

"There's no need to ask."

"Ugh... Niisama doesn't trust me..."

"It means don't do anything reckless."

He might do something reckless, like saying he'll surprise us by developing the city while we're gone.

"The guild master asked if you could visit the guild soon if possible."

"Then let's head to the Adventurer's Guild right away."

"Yes! Please take care, everyone! Good luck!"

"Yeah, leave it to us."

We bid farewell to Kyle's mansion and headed to the Adventurer's Guild.

On the way, Jitaro put his hand on his chin.

"What kind of people are the Casper Triplets?"

"I heard they're beautiful sisters."

"! Let's hurry! Stand up! Harry! Harry!!"

"Jitaro, honestly..."

Not just Leafan, but Raidoc and I could only smile wryly.

Wasn't it Azur you were aiming for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test