29 April 2024

Musou Slime 81

Test

81. The Final Match Begins!


"The winner, Arx Seirant!!"

On the second day of the tournament, I continued to defeat my opponents with a single blow, accumulating victories as usual.

My opponent in the semifinals was a fellow adventurer I often hung out with, Dan. Despite being high-ranking in the guild hierarchy, his level was quite high, but it didn't matter much to me.

As I descended from the stage, enduring the same insults as yesterday, the host announced.

"Now, let's begin the semifinals, second match!"

Approaching from the opposite direction were Barry and Elgen, glaring at me.

"Hey, lowlife. If you're gonna run, now's the time."

"I'm not running. There's no point in coming this far and backing down."

"You still believe in that cowardly blacksmith? He's probably already fled."

"Irena wouldn't do that... Anyway, I'll return your words from earlier. If you're gonna run, now's the time."

Barry's eyes narrowed sharply. He seemed ready to strike at any moment.

However, Elgen nudged his side, dispersing the tension. There's no time for fighting here.

With a disapproving look, Barry clicked his tongue and resumed his entrance. After watching them for a moment, I slowly walked back to the waiting room.

Most likely, those two will be in the final. Even from the sidelines, Barry's S-class skills are undeniable.

I'll definitely win next time. As that determination welled up within me, a hint of unease swirled in my heart.

Irena, please make it in time...!

"Now, let the final match begin!"

After the semifinals, with a one-hour break, it was time for the final match. Of course, Barry and Elgen were the ones who made it.

"Barry, let's do this!!"

"Knock that one-punch guy out!!"

As it's the final, the crowd's excitement is at its peak today. However, the atmosphere is different from previous years.

I am unequivocally the villain. The audience is rooting for Barry to defeat me.

Stepping onto the stage, facing Barry. Despite only meeting a few times, his menacing gaze is deeply etched into my memory.

The pressure becomes palpable once again as we stand face to face. This is what an S-class adventurer is like.

"You should have listened to my advice. How stupid can you be?"

He raises his thumb and makes a cutting motion across his throat. The host swallows nervously.

"Now, let the final match begin! Ready, go!!"

As the host declared the start of the match, yellow cheers and men's shouts exploded.

"No matter how much you struggle, the glory will be ours!!"

Barry closes in. Gripping his sword with a menacing expression, he leaps at me like a wild beast.

—Fast! Faster than any opponent I've faced before. This is the power of his skill <Gale>.

Although my level is higher, in terms of speed, he's on par with me or even faster.

"I'll finish this quickly!"

A powerful blow like a storm. His diagonal slash aimed at my shoulder comes at me in a flash.

"Ugh!"

I can barely keep up with the slash. I managed to dodge the attack somehow, avoiding a direct hit.

—However.

"...Hahaha. Hahahahaha!!"

Barry laughs gleefully as he looks at my face.

A cut appears on my cheek. From that single wound, blood trickles down like a waterfall, following the pull of gravity.

"Good job, Barry!! Knock him out!!"

The arena erupts with excitement. I catch my breath, pondering my next move.

The real threat lies in the <Gale>'s super-speed. His speed surpasses even mine, despite my increased level.

And what's even more troublesome is his sword. Elgen must be a skilled blacksmith. Utilizing Barry's speed advantage, he's extended the reach even further.

Barry's swiftness and the length of his sword's reach. The speed and range of attacks generated from this combo are unmatched.

I failed to evade because of this.

While other players could use their weapons to deflect attacks and find openings, I don't have that option. All I can do now is focus on evasion.

"It's not over yet!"

What's most terrifying is—this was just a normal attack.

Barry presses on. I sharpen my focus again, tracking the trajectory of his sword with my eyes.

"Ugh!"

A horizontal slash after closing in. I dodge it by crouching, evading what would have been a devastating blow like a golem's arm sweep.

"I told you, it's not over yet!"

In the next moment, Barry readies himself, gripping the sword with both hands.

His form indicates a thrust. He aims to pierce through me as I crouch lower.

Yes. This is still just a regular attack. If he wanted, he could unleash a flurry of strikes.

"Damn it!"

Rolling on the ground, I narrowly avoid the sharp tip of the sword like a bee's sting. Although it didn't pierce me, I felt a discomfort in my shoulder as I rose.

It's as if I've been struck by a tree branch; my clothes are sliced at the shoulder, and a faint trickle of blood is visible where the fabric tore.

"You miscalculated. That's why you're a lowlife!"

Barry relentlessly launches another attack without pause. I can't afford to lose concentration.

Irena, I still believe. Please come—!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test