07 April 2024

Musou Slime 68

Test

68. Figure In The Robe


"Let's go!"

Kicking off from the tree trunk, I leap onto the next branch.

Assessing the situation, the figure in the robe releases an arrow. I aim straight for the branch without flinching.

In an instant, the arrows from the figure and the archer clash head-on, neutralizing each other's power as they fall to the ground.

Truly deserving of the title of a perfect shot. Not a single deviation.

"..."

And now, his voice, which was so loud just a moment ago, is surprisingly silent. Perhaps he's the type to stay quiet when focused.

Amidst all this, I land on the branch. The figure in the robe is right in front of me.

"Ugh!"

The figure in the robe hurriedly draws a dagger from their clothes. However, it's already too late.

I kick off the branch and close in on the figure in the robe. Drawing my sword mid-air, I swiftly deflect the dagger.

With a clang, the dagger dances through the air. From their considerable agitation, it's clear they're unarmed.

Reaching the branch where the figure in the robe stands, I shove them, and we both fall.

Since there are slimes on the ground, there's no worry about injury from the fall. Without their weapon, I should have the advantage.

The figure in the robe and I plummet to the ground.

And then it happens. The robe of the figure flutters in the wind, revealing their face.

Emerald eyes like Esierald's. Hair shining as if reflecting the light, reminiscent of fresh greenery.

But what catches my eye the most are their ears. They're pointed and longer than human ears.

The true identity of the figure in the robe is that of an elven girl.

I'm taken aback and gaze at the girl as we fall to the ground.

"Kyaa!"

Upon reaching the ground, I feel a bouncing sensation on my back. The slimes caught us.

I quickly get up and point my sword at the girl. Slowly rising to her feet, the girl raises her hands.

"You're quite bold. Are you giving up already?"

"...It's a fact that I've lost. It's the natural order for the weak to be hunted by the strong."

"No, we're not here to hunt... Your thinking reminds me of Rauche."

"...You know Raucheisen?"

The girl, who seemed as calm as a pond, suddenly raised her voice.

Right, Rauha is the guardian of the forest. And this is precisely a forest area.

"Do you know about Rauha?"

"Yes. How do you know that name?"

"It's hard to explain... we're kind of friends with Rauche."

"Ar-kun!"

As I converse with the girl, Sierra-san runs over.

Now, what were we talking about again? We got carried away with a common topic.

"Oh right, why did you target us?"

"To protect the forest."

"Huh?"

The girl mutters with sleepy eyes.

She'd answer if I asked, but her information is too fragmented to understand clearly.

Nevertheless, the fact remains that she attacked us. What should we do?

"Hey, Ilza! It's about time for a shift change!"

At that moment, a male voice echoes from deep within the forest.

Approaching us is a man with green hair. Tall, wearing what looks like traditional clothing. He looks to be in his twenties.

When he sees us, he falls silent and stiffens.

"Who's that?"

"An intruder in the forest. Might have come to cut down trees."

"Well, he looks like an ordinary adventurer. Ilza, did you suddenly attack them?"

"I did. I shot an arrow."

"What were you thinking, you idiot!"

The green-haired man grabs the girl's shoulder and shakes her.

What a scene. Are we being treated to a comedy routine?

After shaking the girl's shoulder, the man turns to us and bows.

"Sorry! It seems my Ilza jumped to conclusions! Are you injured?"

"No. If anything, I might have injured her instead..."

"What!? You injured Ilza!?"

The man's eyes widen. Seems like he's the one I should be talking to.

"No, it's our fault. My name is William. This is Ilza."

"Nice to meet you."

""Nice to meet you too...""

Sierra-san and I answer with uncertain smiles.

"First, I want to apologize for Ilza's rudeness. We're the forest dwellers around here."

Looking at William's ears, I notice they're also large and pointed. He must be an elf too.

"I want you to tell me... why did Ilza attack me?"

"You can talk normally. Actually, the guardian of the forest is currently absent."

"Rauche is absent...?"

After William mentioned knowing about Raucheisen, he quietly nodded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test