15 March 2024

No Damage 7

Test

7. Revoke It


Until the two procedures were completed, I waited in the courtyard of the guild branch.

It's a state of idleness.

Is this a place of relaxation for adventurers? Warriors in armor, women in robes who seem to be magicians or people who look like priests and thieves are chatting.

And then,

"It's troublesome, isn't it, sneaking out."

Several men walked towards me from ahead.

They all wore leather armor on their muscular bodies.

They were much more physically imposing than me.

"Hey, I'm talking to you."

The leading man gave me a sharp look.

...Even if he says that, what is he talking about sneaking out?

"You're comrades of the Lafiel sisters, aren't they, you?"

"Raphiel...? Ah, you mean Lilith and Alice."

"Yeah, those women who are not that strong but freely do as they please with the backing of their father's power."

The man snorted unpleasantly.

"Do as they please...?"

He's been irritating since earlier.

I've just met Lilith and Alice, but I don't feel good about them getting talked about like that.

"Even though they are only B-rank adventurers, they went out without permission to fight dragons! That's not doing as they please, what is it?"

The man suddenly got angry.

"But there was no one else who could fight. Strong adventurers who could fight dragons were away, so they came to buy time for the townspeople to escape."

"Huh, pretending to be a good kid! Whether the townspeople live or die doesn't matter to them!"

He seemed to have not realized that I'm also that town's resident and shouted.

"We also want to increase our rank by defeating dragons! But because of the guild's rules, we've been patient, but they—besides sneaking out, they're nothing else. Disgusting."

"It's for fame, right?"

The other men also had bitter expressions.

"Having confronted a dragon at least gives a bit of shine to our reputation. Ah, well, the winner takes it all, right?"

These guys.

I'm not one to start fights. And my strength is nothing to boast about.

But, that last bit really got on my nerves.

I've only just met Lilith and Alice, but I've seen them fight desperately to protect my town from the dragon.

Their actions are much more commendable than those guys who couldn't care less about the life or death of the townspeople.

"...Hey, what's with that look?"

The man frowned.

"Did we say something wrong? They went against the rules. They snuck out for fame. That's all true, right?"

"It's also true that those girls protected the townspeople."

I retorted without hesitation.

I'm not one for fights, but I can't stay silent.

"Helping people doesn't matter to us, adventurers. Our goal is money and fame. That's the basic principle, right?"

"Apologize already, you weaklings."

The remaining men split to my left and right, surrounding me.

They must want to vent their frustrations about Lilith and Alice on me for now.

The men closed in on me, tightening the circle.

There seemed to be no way out.

Not that I need to escape.

"I'm telling you, don't underestimate us. We're on the verge of promotion to A-rank, and we're currently selling the Bloody Flower like hotcakes!"

Apparently, that's their party name.

Not interested though.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you saying anything?"

"...Revoke it."

There was only one thing I needed to say.

"Huh?"

"Revoke everything you said that mocked Lilith and Alice—the Lafiel sisters."

"Don't underestimate us!"

The man seemed completely enraged.

With a roar of anger, he raised his fist towards me.

I stared straight at it.

I felt no fear.

Of course not.

There's no way something like this could hurt me now.

Clang!

A heavy sound like hitting metal echoed.

"Huh...what?"

The man looked bewildered as he saw me standing there without flinching despite the punch hitting my cheek.

"Did...did you do something just now?"

I smiled smugly.

It's all thanks to my [Absolute No Damage] skill.

I've mastered the knack of activating it completely.

It needs no special gestures or incantations required.

Just thinking, 'Protect me'.

That's all it takes for my skill to take effect.

Now's a good time to use them as practice dummies.

"You bastard!"

Another man kicked me in the stomach this time.

--Activated.

A burst of colorful light erupted before me, deflecting the kick.

Naturally, I took no damage.

"W-what's with this guy? Strange light!?"

"Darn it, what's happening!?"

The men quickly panicked.

They all threw punches and kicks at me.

"That's why it won't work."

I calmly took all the punches and kicks raining down on me like a hailstorm, standing there unfazed.

It's really not even as painful as a mosquito bite.

I really think I got a convenient skill.

The men seemed exhausted, all panting heavily.

No one was left to attack me.

"I'm bored."

I muttered to myself.

"Can I attack you guys now?"

I grinned again, obviously faking it.

Of course, this is a bluff.

I may have invincible defense, but my physical abilities for attacking are just average.

But they probably don't think that way.

They likely think of me as a warrior or a magician with superhuman strength.

Since I declared my intention to attack, they must feel fear.

So, what will these guys do next—?

"W-We're sorry!"

They all crawled on the ground and bowed their heads deeply.

It was a spectacularly sincere apology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test