20 March 2024

Musou Slime 60

Test

60. Unique Skill


Upon waking up after sleep, I found myself in the middle of a flower field.

"...I'm getting quite used to this pattern."

Muttering to myself, I turned to look in another direction.

"Welcome back, Arx-san. Thank you for your hard work today."

Standing there was a girl in a one-piece dress, Noah. She waved her hand, welcoming me.

"You've gotten quite good at coming here. If you think about coming here tonight and succeed, it's a clear success."

"At first, I could only bring Arx-san here forcibly, but now you can come and go as you please."

After being hospitalized, I practiced coming to this flower field while asleep.

At first, I would wake up normally or sometimes end up here during a nap, but now that has settled down.

The time difference between here and the real world is still something I can't grasp. Still, it's a significant improvement.

"Arx-san, there's something I want to talk to you about today."

"What's the matter? Why so formal all of a sudden?"

"It's about something related to you and me. I feel like I have to tell you sooner rather than later."

Noah said with a serious expression.

Returning her to her original world is one of my goals.

Therefore, I want to know what she knows. I took a deep breath and sat formally on the ground.

"What I want you to know, Arx-san is the term 'Unique Skill'."

"What's that?"

"It's a skill that only one person in the world can possess. It lacks versatility but has immense power."

"That means..."

"The power of a Unique Skill is immense. Depending on the person who possesses it, it can be either a poison or a remedy."

"So, what does that mean for me?"

"It means that someone with a Unique Skill might appear before you. As I mentioned earlier, that person is quite strong. Please be careful."

Noah said this and looked down with a dark expression.

"...I'm sorry I can only say this much. But I want to do everything I can."

"No, Noah, I appreciate your feelings, and that's helped me a lot."

I instinctively patted Noah's head. She was short, so her head was at the perfect height for me to reach.

Noah lifted her head and returned a happy smile.

"Oh, right! There's something I wanted to try!"

Noah tilted her head.

"Slime!"

What I wanted to try was activating skills in this flower field.

According to Noah, this place is within me. So theoretically, I should be able to use skills here.

"Kue!"

As I readied, a storage slime appeared at my feet.

"Wow! Arx-san, a slime with a backpack just appeared!"

"Don't be surprised yet. Let me manipulate the inventory..."

Following my finger movements, a pitch-black hole appeared in the air, startling Noah like a cat.

From the hole emerged a curry bun and a book.

Seeing the two items floating in the air, Noah hurriedly caught them.

"What's this?"

"I brought them here. It would be boring without anything, right?"

Noah's expression brightened instantly.

"Arx-san, can I eat this?"

"Yeah. Sorry, it's a bit cold."

"It's okay if the curry bun is cold!"

Noah happily confirmed and began devouring the curry bun as if a bird had caught its prey. With each bite, her mouth filled up.

With her mouth full of curry bun, Noah chewed happily. Her expression quickly turned into bliss.

"This is delicious!!"

Noah murmured with a face full of happiness. Her smile was so infectious and charming. It felt like I was being purified just by looking at her.

She continued munching on the curry bun, stuffing her mouth full. It felt strangely reminiscent of a hamster.

Watching Noah's adorable eating style, I realized she had finished the curry bun without me noticing.

"Arx-san, it was really delicious! It's been a while since I had food. So I couldn't help but eat quickly."

Noah looked embarrassed. From my perspective, it was no problem since she enjoyed it and felt refreshed.

"If I find something else, I'll bring it next time. Since we can come and go freely from now on."

"Yes, I'll look forward to it!"

Now, it's time to return to the real world. It would be best if it's before sunrise.

I bid farewell to Noah and let my consciousness awaken.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test