20 March 2024

Introverted Archer 62

Test

62. Rational Buff Effect!


"Oh come on... suddenly bowing down like that!"

"Hahahaha!!"

The trio burst into loud laughter, clutching their stomachs. I listened while rubbing my forehead on the ground.

In the next moment, someone stepped on my head with their shoe, grinding it as if putting out a cigarette.

"I thought there must be a reason since you were collecting points... but I get it now. You're good at sneaking around like this, so you were trying to stall for time."

The next moment, I took a kick to my side and went flying, hitting the tree trunk and assuming a slumped position.

Then, the leader with glasses grabbed my hair, pulled my face close, and glared at me.

"But, it's a shame. It seems like you were using <Stealth>, but that girl of yours hasn't concealed her presence. Plus, your own skill is basic even among covert skills. You'll be easily exposed."

"You're more like a beginner assassin, right? Well, for a first-year, you're doing pretty well."

"N-no..."

The next moment, I was punched in the face, rolling on the ground for about three laps before collapsing.

"You don't understand anything, you newbie."

"What's different, huh!?"

Everything is different.

"It's you guys who don't understand," I said as if rewinding the carpet's spread, leaping up energetically, and rushing towards Fuyuka like a hare.

"Fuyuka!! Please!! Buff me!! I'll lose without it!!"

"I g-got it..."

Fuyuka, slightly hesitant, cast the [Body Enhancement] magic buff on me.

Wow, I feel lighter! It's like drinking an energy drink!

Savoring the taste of the buff, I stood in front of the trio again.

"What's up with you? Planning to fight us?"

"Stop it. A physical weakling assassin getting buffed once won't change anything."

As I took a step forward, the three readied their weapons and charged.

A club. A spear. A staff. All dulled for combat in the academy, but still quite painful if hit directly.

"Dieeee!!"

"I'm not just any weak assassin. I'm the most rational archer in the world. Your mistake was underestimating that."

The next moment, they all took my spinning kick and got sent flying simultaneously.

Phew, that felt good.

Three men of adult stature got defeated in one blow. They flew quite a distance and crashed into a tree trunk, sprawled out.

"Now, how do I collect the points?"

As I walked towards where they got sprawled, I saw their bodies enclosed in a semicircular barrier. Touching one face of the hexagon, it felt hard, not easily breakable.

"I see. The smartwatch checks vitals and deploys the barrier when it detects danger. Useful not just for sports festivals but also for adventures..."

Next, I glanced at my smartwatch. The score had changed to 1650, so their 10 points seemed to have been automatically added.

"I-I...!"

Just as I was about to leave, the leader with glasses woke up, touching his head and rising.

"W-wait... did we all get defeated!?"

"Yes, you did. By one kick from me."

"Ugh, unbelievable!"

Realizing my presence, he grimaced and backed away.

"Something's not right! How can a skinny introvert like you deliver such a kick!?"

――Now, let's finish this.

"Yes. I may be weak, but I have 'Shinoura Fuyuka, the strongest White Mage' with me."

"Wait, so you're saying you got that kick just from the buff!?"

"Yes, you're from the Red Team, right? Please inform your headquarters. Tell them there's a 'Rational Archer' blessed by the 'Strongest White Mage in History'."

The 3d condition imposed for me to cooperate with Rikimaru.

That is, I always act in a two-man cell with Fuyuka.

Fuyuka can buff. I can unleash my full potential if I say the powerful kick to her buff effects.

If I go all out, Fuyuka will become too powerful, so I'll hold back a bit.

"Kageyama-kun, you're really strong..."

"It's nothing much. Anyway, how about you, Fuyuka? I plan to continue like this. So it might become a topic in our post-sports festival academy life."

"Yes. I've never had confidence in myself. But maybe something like this can be a chance for me to change!"

Fuyuka clenched her fists tightly, showing them to me. It's probably a pose indicating her confidence.

"Then let's continue. Within my sensing range, there are... 25 more people around here!"

"S-seriously!?"

Students kept coming out one after another. I looked at them and smiled confidently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test