14 March 2024

Musou Slime 56

 Test

56. Ores And Vows


――

You have reached level 36.

An ability has been added to <Slime>.

――


The sound of leveling up could be heard as the battle ended. I left the collection of Mithril Golem drops to the slimes and opened my status screen.


――

Arx Seirant, 17 years old, male

Level 36

Skills

<Slime>

[Slime Summoner]... Can summon level 6 slimes, up to a maximum of 42.

[Slime Crafter]... Can perform class changes on slimes.

・Appraisal Slime (1) ・Storage Slime (1) ・Warp Slime (1) ・Ironclad Slime (3)

・Healing Slime (2)

・Copy Slime... A slime with the <Copy> skill. Can perform a class change simultaneously on one slime.

・Slime General ・Slime Assassin

<Human>

――


Next, it added a new slime race known as the Copy Slime.

"Raize, what exactly does the <Copy> ability do?"

"I think it allows them to record what others say and turn it into written text."

Hmm, not combat-oriented? It seems more suited for a journalist making newspapers.

I'll have them stay back during regular battles and come forward when needed, like when listening to conversations.

While checking my status, I pondered over a few things.

The core issue was the lack of a decisive move.

When facing monsters, I have three attack options: sword, magic, and slimes.

However, my magic control is still incomplete. Slimes also don't fare well against stronger monsters.

So all that's left is swinging my sword, but against foes like the Mithril Golem, if I can't defeat them in one strike, I'll have to rely on combos.

But even that has its limits, especially after this battle, I strongly felt it.

It's about time I acquired a finishing move.

At crucial moments, there are broadly two types of ultimate techniques.

One is pushing my body to its limits temporarily for physical attacks. The other involves harnessing magical energy over time for powerful spells.

Raize's <Hellfire Prominence>, used before, falls into the latter category.

At present, I don't know how to push my limits physically. So, I'm left with using magic. But my control over it is lacking.

"Haaaah...!"

While pondering alternatives, a strange sound came from below.

Surprised, I looked down to see Irena, her aquamarine eyes sparkling, watching the slimes intently.

She was observing the slimes carrying mithril ores like ants. These stones are what make up the mithril golem.

"What's up?"

"Well, you hardly ever come across mithril ores...! I wanted to burn this image into my memory while I could!"

Irena said excitedly.

Indeed, they seem quite rare. For those who appreciate them, they must be quite coveted.

"Is it really that valuable?"

"Are you kidding me?! It's not just valuable! I've never even had the chance to use it!"

Now I understood why Irena was fixated on these ores. They're materials for making swords.

Indeed, they didn't flinch even when struck by a sword. With these, we could craft sturdy blades.

"Alright, I'll give it to you. When we get back to town, okay?"

"W-What?! There's no way you'd give this away!"

"Didn't you want it?"

"I-I did..."

Irena mumbled hesitantly, not her usual bold self. Is she only reserved during moments like these?

"Okay, deal. If you win the next tournament, I'll give you this ore."

"R-Really?! You're not kidding, right?!"

"Yeah. I'll give you not just a part but the whole thing."

Irena's eyes gleamed, and she started to dance a little. It seemed to make her really happy.

"You got it, Arx! I'll definitely win the tournament and show you! I'm going to be the best blacksmith in the world!! Alcus, you hear me!?"

"A man keeps his word. I'll be counting on you."

Irena gave me a thumbs-up and bumped her fist against my chest. It was her way of showing determination and gratitude.

At that moment, the slimes signaled they had completed collecting materials, so we decided to head back to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test