12 March 2024

Musou Slime 55

Test

55. Mithril Made Monster


"Arkus, they're coming from the right!"

"Got it!"

I cut down the monster leaped towards me with my sword.

 Adjusting my stance, I slash another monster approaching from a different direction.

"...Phew, that should be a breather."

Putting my sword back into its sheath, I wipe the sweat lightly on my forehead.

Th15th floor of the dungeon. I've reached the designated location.

The further down we go, the stronger the monsters become. 

Beyond the 12th floor, the slimes decided not to fight in separate places but to cooperate with me.

The reason is because of the diversity of enemies. I'm managing so far, but facing unknown monsters is tough.

Working together with Appraisal Slime, attacking their weaknesses, we've been progressing. However, the monsters are getting stronger.

If I have to protect Irena, I won't be able to go further than this.

"Shall we head back soon? How did the sword testing go?"

"Yeah! It's perfect! I'm sticking with this for the main event!"

Irena flexes her muscles, proudly showing off. Her slender arms didn't look strong, but the swords she makes are top-notch. I can feel it when I use them. This is going to be amazing.

"Alright, I'll return this sword for now. I don't want it to break."

Handing over the tournament sword to Irena, I switch back to my usual adventure sword. This one feels more comfortable.

"Okay, let's use the Warp Slime here—"

At that moment, the entire dungeon shakes as if something massive is moving.

I've felt this before! This shaking happens when a monster walks, no, when a giant monster walks!

"Gogogogogogoogogo!"

The source of the approaching tremor reveals itself. It's a Golem.

However, it looks different from the one I fought earlier. Its body has a bluish metallic sheen, like mithril ore.

It's superior to the Golems on higher floors, giving off an intimidating aura.

"<Appraisal>!"

Using Appraisal Slime's skill, I scan the Golem in front of me. Its joints glow red, and information floods into my mind.


――

Target: Mithril Golem Level 1

An advanced species of Golem made entirely of mithril ore.

――


Its name is Mithril Golem. As expected, it surpasses regular Golems. It's not surprising that it matches the 15th-floor strength.

"Arx, let's work together—"

"No, I'll handle this."

I was supposed to come alone. At least I want to defeat the monsters on this floor by myself.

And I want to test the limits of my abilities.

"...Alright then. Since you've asked it, do your best."

After nodding, I charge towards the Mithril Golem.

"Gooooo!"

As I try to close in, the Golem's massive arm swings towards me like a tree trunk.

—Fast. It's much faster than a regular Golem.

"<Iron Wall>!"

"Kyah!"

I put the Iron Wall Slime as a shield just before the collision, blocking the attack. The clash between the slime shield and the Golem's fist is intense as I close in on the Golem.

"Hah!"

I swing my sword horizontally, striking the Mithril Golem's torso directly. It's a definite critical hit.

However, despite the impact, the Mithril Golem stands firm, not getting knocked back but firmly planting its feet.

It's impossible to defeat it in one strike. The Iron Wall Slime's shield will reach its limit eventually.

"In that case— I'll keep attacking until it breaks!"

In other words, continuous sword strikes. I swing my sword vertically, horizontally, and diagonally, attacking the Golem's body.

"Gogogogogogog!"

A swift straight punch comes at me. Of course, I meet it head-on with my sword.

The opponent's body is overwhelmingly larger. However, I possess burst speed and strength that can match it!

Metallic clashes echo. Since the dungeon is cavernous, the sounds reverberate easily.

I continue swinging my sword, using the sound to gauge the distance between me and the Golem, constantly deflecting its fists with my sword.

Gradually, I notice the Golem's body starting to give way, inching backward.

Despite being made of tough metal, it's not an unstoppable monster. If I don't give up, there will be openings.

During this intense exchange, as I deflect the Golem's fist, I notice a split-second opportunity where its body seems vulnerable.

"Now!"

In less than a second, I close the distance with the Golem, leaping off the ground after kicking it.

In mid-air, I deliver a thunderous helm-splitting blow to the Golem. Its forehead cracks, and its neck twists audibly.

"G-gogog..."

The Golem collapses to the ground, causing another tremor. After landing, I take a deep breath.

I won! 

That's a prove that I can defeat a Mithril Golem alone.

But man, this body... It's made of mithril ore, right? 

It seems like it could fetch a high price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test