22 March 2024

Earth Dungeon 151

Test

Chapter 151. Serika


The market must be bustling by now. Stalls lined up, and the people of the ruined town enjoying the spring festival with joyful smiles—Sakimori thought as he sat on the sofa. The Amatsugahara Market is different from last year, with more food options and electricity making the nights brightened. People must have saved up enough pocket money to enjoy the festival. It's a nostalgic event for the middle-aged and a proper festival for the younger ones, experiencing it for the first time.

I also wanted to go to the festival after more than a decade, Sakimori thought as he looked around. He's in the living room of the penthouse on the top floor of the Amatsugahara Corporation. He sighed as he leaned back on the sofa. It couldn't be helped.

Everyone else is out at the festival; it's quiet here. The executives are absent.

No, it's not quiet. Serika sits on the sofa across from me, and Yukihana lies on the carpet a little away. The little girl sleeps peacefully curled up on my lap like a cat, softly snoring.

For some reason, Serika intertwines her fingers nervously, blushing in her white dress. It's an excessively frilly dress. Yukihana yawns sleepily, rolling over on the carpet.

Serika seems to be expecting something as she glances at me. It's been a week since we last met. She fell ill and couldn't meet me. She must not have been busy with Karin's aftermath since she was bedridden. Of course, I didn't visit her to avoid troubling Serika.

They say no news is good news.

"I brought some tea."

From the kitchen, Shizuku, who had summoned everyone for an important discussion today, brings tea on a tray with a smile.

She places teacups in front of me, Yukihana, and the little girl with a clink.

"Serika, that white outfit suits you. I'll handle the serving."

Shizuku places a cup of steaming hot tea in a metal cup with a loving smile for Serika. The tea looks deliciously hot. Where did she get that cup from?

"Sorry, um, Shizuku? This is a wedding dress. You probably didn't realize it since you lack crafting skills."

"Really?! I didn't know that. It just looked like a frilly white outfit. Could it be that you have no sense in choosing dresses?"

Serika laughs, making a deliberate surprised expression, and Shizuku raises her hands in mock surprise. What a comedy act.

"It's fun, but let's focus. So, Serika, did you prepare the blank check?"

Save that playfulness for us. I'm not into theatrics.

"Um... don't you want this to turn into a harem scenario?"

"Yeah, isn't it basic for us to fight over Sakimori?"

They protest with pouted lips, making no sense.

"Then, the one who ends up with the master is Yukihana."

Yukihana yawns widely, looking sleepy, causing Shizuku and Serika to shock each other, exchanging glances.

"In the end, the protagonist ends up with the step-sister thought to be a foil, or they pair up with the unnoticed girl as the main couple!"

"That's right! Fighting over the protagonist among the main heroines is outdated! We should aim to be bystander heroines reaping the benefits!"

Seeing Shizuku and Serika starting a well-coordinated comedy routine, I seek help from Yukihana, who just shrugs.

"These two together are dangerous. Serika and Shizuki used to have someone to stop them from going overboard, forming a trio. But now, with no one to stop them, they just accelerate."

"Understood. Alright, Shizuku, Serika, stop fooling around, let's move the discussion forward."

I warn the two who continue to joke happily. I get that you're happy to meet after a long time, but that's after our business deal is done. I'll be tough.

Perhaps sensing my anger, Shizuku coughs lightly, sits next to me, and Serika becomes serious.

"This should be the blank check."

She brings out a marriage registration form, trying to tease me, but I stop her firmly. I'm serious.

"With this, our assets are shared. Our relationship deepens, and you can use my assets freely."

The albino beauty smiles playfully, saying what's been a joke.

"With no legal status, it's a blank contract. You understand that, right?"

Caught in a trap, aren't you? I remember what was said before. Without Sakimori's family registry, I can't acquire the rights.

"Sakimori... I'm yours now, right? Can't you trust the reformed me?"

Serika clasps her hands in front of her chest, looking up at me with teary eyes and a coy smile. She's a good actress. She might fool an ordinary person.

"I don't need a reformed Serika. I need a Serika I can't trust for our business."

I smirk. A reformed Serika? Is that really Serika? In this ruined town, no, dealing with a country, we don't need nice folks as allies. Didn't you know that?

"Sigh... You never change. I wish you could trust me a little."

Serika pouts at my words, cheeks blushing slightly, seeming somewhat happy.

"I trust you. That's why I agreed to have the spring festival and cleared the area."

I wanted to keep that a secret. That's why I decided to have the spring festival.

Watching Serika and Shizuku start a comedy act again, Cook and I exchange amused glances.

"Alright, let's stop the jokes and proceed with the discussion."

I narrow my eyes, warning the two playful ones. I get that you're happy to meet again after a long time, but that's after our business deal is done. I'll be tough.

"[Remaining Lives] Skill... to think such a thing exists, it's surprising. And Sakimori was using that power to create a warrior with an ideal skill composition to conquer dungeons, too."

The [Remaining Lives] Skill allows for freely customizing a Fairy Machine character, consuming a certain amount of mana to develop the desired skill composition. It's an incredible skill, right? It's linked to me. So we can share stat upgrades and skill levels. I can also acquire desired skills using this skill. Isn't that amazing?

"Since Serika's administrative rights are mine now, we've discussed everything, right? No more secrets."

I nodded solemnly, meeting Serika's feverish gaze. No more secrets. From now on, we'll work together with our strengths.

[Equal Exchange Store] Skill? Was there such a skill? It's not significant, so it's understandable if it slipped her mind. Serika must have forgotten to mention some things to me as well. Our trust level is at its peak. So, keep an eye on her, Yukihana.

"Understood. Then, let me share my skill. My unique skill is [Talent Of Production], possessing all crafting knowledge. Shizuku should have told you about it, but I used that knowledge to mimic a [Appraisal] skill."

"Ah, I figured as much. And?"

Knowing she's a scammer, this isn't surprising. It's as expected.

"My skill levels are [Production Mastery] Level 5, enabling all crafting, and [Puppetry] Level 5, allowing control of crafted golems and such."

Crafting anything is an incredible skill. There are quite a few crafting skills. To encompass them all in one skill... is it similar to Shizuku's combat skill? Combat skills encompass all combat-related skills. Magic, unfortunately, isn't part of combat skills, but it's still powerful.

"[Talent Of Production] prevents the acquisition of any combat or magic-related skills. However, it allows mastery of crafted tools, enabling support and ranged attacks with magical tools or mechs. It doesn't work for frontline combat; it can't keep up with high-speed melee combat."

"I used this skill to its fullest, forming an invincible party with Shizuku and another member. I'm in a position similar to a magician."

"At that time, we were revered as the strongest party, feared by all who dared to cross us."

"They certainly called us the strongest. We were well known for that."

They puff their chests proudly. While I doubt it, Yukihana's sigh and side-eye confirm their claims. They were the strongest, so I won't mock their nicknames.

"I see. I understand well. Serika's skill is what I desired. Now, about the reward?"

"Don't try to deceive me. Is support from my crafting skill not enough?"

"It's not. How much do you think I spent to support you? The sacrificial ring and the Mithril dagger I bought with a fortune are both broken."

We lost a fortune. Plus, my stock of familiars is almost empty. Replenishing them is a hassle. We lost a fortune. We did. I remember buying the Mithril dagger.

"I get it. I can't give you a blank check, but how about 20 billion?"

Seeing Serika casually mention a billion, I give her a cynical smile.

"Make it 50 billion. I can't afford to lose."

Let's be bold. It might seem cheap for Serika's life, but it's still a hefty price.

Serika hesitates at my offer, lowering her head, so I wait patiently.

"Sorry, was that too much of a joke?"

Even if she trembles or asks with teary eyes, I won't back down.

"I won't lose, even if you beg."

I take the lead. Your acting won't work. Serika's credibility with me is always maxed out. I'll keep the maximum number to myself.

"Ugh... I need cash to solidify my power, so paying upfront is impossible. How about splitting it over a year? I'll pay the interest with my body."

She looks up, giving me a sultry look, wiggling her body suggestively. It's less cute and more pitifully lacking in charm.

"Well... as Serika's influence grows, it benefits me too. I'll compromise on this deal."

I currently have about 60 million yen in my wallet. It might seem like a lot, but it's tight. I spend on food from the inner town, monster cores, construction, and agriculture. Of course, the company's funds are separate, but it's still a struggle.

"I'll pay 1 billion upfront. The rest can be paid in installments."

"Agreed, that helps. I didn't want Karin's efforts to go to waste."

We clap lightly and exchange nods. It seems the deal is settled.

"Now, about Serika's body, right? Shall we take a bath together for starters?"

"I'll prepare the bath. I'll also prepare soapy water for Serika-chan."

I grin mischievously, and Shizuku joins in on the playful banter.

"Eh?! Is that effective too? Also, won't Shizuku interfere?"

"A new character. Trying to pair up the protagonist with other heroines, but ultimately ending up with you at the end, that kind of heroine. Let me help with the dress. Ah, let me help you take it off here."

As expected, Shizuku is the best at pranks. Seeing her try to remove Serika's dress, I'm convinced.

"Eek! Sorry, can you let me prepare myself mentally? I'm aiming for enlightenment under the waterfall!"

"You're still such a coward. Shall we start by removing the top?"

Shizuku tries to undress Serika, who turns as red as a ripe tomato, resisting.

"Help meee!"

Watching them fool around, I chuckle. Let's take a break first, then interrogate Serika about what she was planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test