04 February 2024

Twilight Alchemist 27.3

Test

27.3. When The Goal Is Achieved, You Can Be Satisfied, Isn't It?


"Craft-san."

While drinking tea in the guest room, Kyle and Myrna entered. Of course, Alphard and Persia, their attendants, were with them.

"Hey. Have you calmed down?"

"Yes. I apologize for showing such an embarrassing sight earlier."

"You've worked hard for a long time."

"Yes."

"So, are we continuing the discussion?"

"No, before that, I have one request."

"What is it? If it's something I can do, I'll help."

Born as the 3rd son of the powerful noble Veil Road, Kyle grew up estranged from his brothers, possibly due to his weak constitution. 

If there was anything I could do for him, I wanted to grant it.

"Well, it's a bit awkward to say, but..."

"What's wrong? We're not in a relationship where you need to hesitate at this point, right?"

This is the attitude towards a noble. What's the big deal now?

"Well, then. Craft-san! Please become my brother!"

"....Huh?"

What is this nonsense!?

"Ah, no, it's not that I want you to be my real brother. I just... I admire Craft-san like a brother! So, um, could you let me call you 'onii-sama'?"

"Hold on, Kyle!"

"I'm already in good health! So, I won't be a burden from now on! So..."

"Wait, wait, wait! That's a bit too much..."

How should I handle this?

"Personally, I think it would be great if Craft-san really became our brother..."

Kyle glanced at his twin sister, Myrna. I followed suit, and she turned her head away with a pout. Well, that's understandable.

"Um, it's not like I want to talk about it right now. I just want to call Craft-san 'onii-sama'..."

"So, calm down, Kyle."

"Yes."

"Well, it's nice that you admire me, but..."

"Yes!"

"Uh..."

With sparkling eyes, Kyle looked up at me with unwavering determination.

What do I do with this?

I paced around the room with my arms crossed. Kyle, unable to get an immediate response, stiffened his expression.

"I... I've been weak since birth."

Kyle began speaking slowly.

"My father did everything he could to treat me, but none worked. I thought I wouldn't live long, so I decided to at least contribute to the family by studying hard and assisting with some policies. And it worked well."

Despite that, his expression was far from bright.

"My father... announced it as my achievement, especially to the poor residents who were delighted. However, my brother, especially Zeid, didn't like it."

"..."

I silently urged him to continue.

"I, thinking I wouldn't live long, tried my best to help the family. But..."

Kyle unconsciously stroked the head of the sleeping Myrna.

"Just at that moment, my twin sister Mina happened to come along with me. I don't know the exact reason. It just happened."

Myrna breathed peacefully as she slept.

"I couldn't die easily anymore. I wanted to resist Zeid's strong advice that, with my improved health, I should achieve even more. But..."

Kyle looked at Mina, who was sleeping peacefully. The truth was, it was probably most of the residents rather than a specific group.

"But! At that time, I met Craft-san! Craft-san stood up against a dragon, a fierce one, to cure my illness. I was so worried, and happy."

True.

It was for you, Kyle.

"Craft-san... I want you to accept my gratitude and admiration, at least as a brother!"

Kyle lowered his head deeply. 

That was not the attitude of a noble.

I could only sigh deeply.

"Well then!"

"Stop it! Please don't call me that in front of other nobles! It'll cause trouble!"

"Of course! Craft-oniisama!!"

I couldn't say anything to Kyle's dazzling smile.

After that, we continued the discussion with everyone, and when we left the room, Alphard and Persia were holding their heads in the corridor.

Yeah. I feel sorry for them.

And thus, I became Kyle's brother.

Well, not really!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test