26 February 2024

Shop 53

Test

Chapter 53. Ponpokorin In The Wilderness


"Ahh, I'm stuffed..."

Narnia slouched in her chair. It seemed everyone else felt the same.

"We, we ate too much."

"I couldn't help myself either..."

Cherina and Chief Hugo were also immobilized in their chairs.

"Hahaha! Humans are weaklings! It's been a while since I've eaten my fill!"

Hagg laughed as he drank his alcohol. Was he some assassin sent to empty the cellar of this house?

"I, as a warrior... have no issues."

No, it's clearly on the edge. Except for you, Hagg, everyone else is stuffed to the brim.

"You're getting carried away. Weren't you supposed to be too hot to eat?"

"It's strange, but once you get used to it, you can't stop. That sauce's aroma is cheating. Takoyaki is the devil's food. I think it would be certified if taken to the church."

"Exaggerating..."

"Perhaps the lack of refinement is causing us to lose control. No one can resist endlessly eating dishes that are beautifully plated and served."

"And showing the cooking process in front of us is also a factor that continues to stimulate our appetite, isn't it?"

Indeed, people from the company are good at analysis.

"I see. I like anything tasty."

"It won't be popular among nobles."

"Even before that, I can't replicate this sauce. It's more complex than soy sauce, with sweetness, depth, and saltiness intertwining intricately. There's nowhere else to find such a sauce."

"Even for Hugo?"

"It's not something that people can do immediately. I can't even imagine the ingredients."

Well, it's because it contains quite a variety of ingredients.

"Well, do your best on that. If I feel like it, I'll make it for you at cost."

"Both tonkatsu and takoyaki, Akira's bottomless pit."

Hagg's pace of drinking finally slowed down. He must be satisfied.

"I... will marry onii-chan... and eat delicious meals every day..."

Please spare me. Are househusbands even allowed in this world?

"Tell me that in 10 years."

"Eeeeee! I can be with with onii-chan!"

"You fool."

I chop Narnia on the head. I don't have a hobby of fusing with little girls. At least wait until she grows up a bit.

"I see, if Akira-sama and Cherina-sama marry, we can absorb all that skill..."

Hey Chef, don't say suspicious things.

"I'm not planning to marry anyone else. It's troublesome."

"Is the reason too troublesome...?"

Cherina widened her eyes.

"Oh, is there another reason?"

For some reason, everyone's gaze is painful.

"No... everyone is different."

"People tend to want to get married."

"It's unnatural as living beings."

"Onii-chan... did something happen?"

"There must have been something..."

"Don't look at me with eyes that see such miserable things!"

"But it's true~"

Seriously!

"Enough! Party's over! Let's go home!"

I stood up energetically.

――――

As we left, Narnia, who was told she'd be invited again by Cherina, looked very happy.

"Wow. It feels like a dream~. Getting along with Cherina-sama."

"Considering you live nearby, it's natural."

This country isn't that big anyway.

"Onii-chan doesn't understand at all."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you know how amazing the Veliero Company is?"

"I vaguely understand."

"I don't think you do. Just being close to the Veliero Company means you're highly trusted in this country. Being acquaintances with Cherina-sama isn't just something to boast about; it elevates the status of this inn. People might even switch from other inns to ours because of it."

"Hey hey, just because they come here doesn't mean you can do anything for them."

"Just being acquaintances with Cherina-sama is enough. Using an inn connected to the Veliero Company as a base is already a good appeal."

"At that level? It's hard to imagine."

"You'll see in a few days, I think?"

"I can't feel it... huh?"

When we arrived at the inn, the owner jumped out from behind the counter.

"...Did my daughter cause any trouble?"

It was a surprisingly humble attitude, not the usual sullen demeanor he had while sitting at the counter.

"No, if anything, Cherina was taking care of her."

"I-I see. If there wasn't any trouble, that's good. You, you're amazing..."

"I haven't done anything amazing... we just had a meal together."

"But that's amazing. Well, never mind. I've brought firewood to your room. Please use it."

"Well, thank you."

The temperature drops sharply around this time.

I'll probably sleep well tonight.

God, takoyaki is a dangerous food that can cause wars.

It's funny, so I'll probably get carried away and make it again.

Of course, I have no plans to reflect on it.



List of new items added to the SHOP today:

Onion = 37 yen

Green pepper (per bag) = 97 yen

Carrot = 53 yen

Cornstarch (375g) = 157 yen

Mirin (600ml) = 360 yen

Cooking sake (1000ml) = 265 yen

Grain vinegar (500ml) = 116 yen

Hot pepper (1kg) = 698 yen

Ponzu sauce (500ml) = 700 yen

Chinese cabbage = 486 yen

Green onion = 90 yen

Glechoma = 398 yen

Watercress = 299 yen

Shiitake mushrooms (6 pieces) = 399 yen

Enoki mushrooms = 113 yen

Tofu = 74 yen

Miso (750g) = 285 yen

Wasabi (tube) = 145 yen

Kombu dashi (granules 1kg) = 1257 yen

Bonito dashi (granules 1kg) = 1040 yen

Tenkasu (tempura scraps) = 208 yen

Red pickled ginger = 148 yen

Katsuobushi (4.5g x 5 bags) = 190 yen

Aonori = 331 yen

Takoyaki griddle = 1578 yen

Picks (2 pieces) = 540 yen

Ceramic water container (15 liters) = 3800 yen


I bought picks and a takoyaki griddle without asking Cherina for settlement because I wanted to keep them. 

I also collected the chopsticks that weren't needed. 

My remaining balance is 910,758 yen.

The ceramic water container seems to have been added again, probably because it was put away in the container when cooking started.

 It seems once it's put away in the container, you can purchase the item again.

I asked Hagg for advice before going to bed. It feels like it's been an unusually long day.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test