23 February 2024

Musou Slime 48

Test

48. The Outcome Of Choice


"Mmm..."

Bright. Is this sunlight? I slowly opened my eyes.

"Ar-kun!"

It was the moment I tried to sit up. Along with a woman's voice, something was pressing down on my lying body.

"Whoa, Sierra-san!?"

Pressing her face into my chest was Sierra-san. She kept calling my name and sobbing.

Is this a hospital? It seems I've been sleeping on the bed. It's probably been about 8 hours since it's morning now.

"Sierra-san, I hate to say this, but... could you calm down?"

"It's all your fault... sleeping for 3 whole days, I was so worried!"

"Three days!?"

If I thought it was about 8 hours, was I really asleep for three days!? 

If I had continued chatting with Noah, there could have been a starvation route.

However, considering the damage I've taken, it's understandable.

"......!"

The moment I tried to stand up, a severe pain shot through my body.

"You still can't move! Ar-kun, when you got brought here, you were almost dead!"

Almost dead, huh? At that time, I managed to fight somehow because I had the power of <Human>, but I wouldn't have been able to move at all.

Oh well. I guess I'll rest quietly.

"But, I'm really glad... Ar-kun, I was worried sick about what would happen if you didn't wake up."

"I slept for three days, didn't I? Sierra-san, were you watching over me all that time?"

"I have work too, so I missed some time. Besides, things at the Guild are a bit chaotic right now..."

"...Right! How's the outside world right now!?"

Sierra-san nodded and told me what happened while I was asleep.

Due to the incident caused by Dan this time, 34 people are missing.

Presumably, those people were turned into monsters by the effect of <Undead>.

And among them are the Orteze family, the lord, and his wife.

Both Sierra-san and I witnessed the lord getting attacked by undead monsters. 

Despite being such a prominent figure, his end was rather pathetic.

Because of the influence of the Orteze family, a problem has arisen.

One is the question of who will manage this land.

The Orteze family has committed atrocities such as deforestation, but it's also true that our lives have been protected by their presence.

The downfall of the Orteze family is a problem that must be resolved urgently.

And the second problem. That is the existence of the Adventurers Guild.

In the wake of the downfall of the Orteze family, there seems to be an investigation into the Adventurers Guild.

It turns out that the Adventurers Guild received large donations from the Orteze family.

In exchange for receiving money from the Orteze family, the Adventurers Guild seems to have manipulated Dan's rank.

Furthermore, by colluding with each other, the Adventurers Guild is increasing its influence in politics. It's deeply troubling.

The Guild Master is missing. The Adventurers Guild is currently in a frenzy over this issue, and Sierra-san, a regular employee, is overwhelmed with work.

In short, due to the downfall of the Orteze family, the root of evil, problems that have been accumulating have erupted like a volcano.

I don't know what will become of this town in the future.

"Here, Ar-kun. Open wide."

As she finished speaking, Sierra-san offered me a slice of apple on a fork.

"It's embarrassing to have you feed me like this."

"Don't hold back. You're still recovering."

It's not that I'm holding back. It's embarrassing. Sierra-san sometimes treats me like a child.

"......Ahh."

"Okay, open wide."

She fed me the apple. My heart raced as I chewed on it.

"By the way, Sierra-san, did you get hurt after we parted?"

"Yeah. I was sneaking around by avoiding the undeads' eyes, but they suddenly disappeared from the town."

Ah, I see. Dan gathered all the monsters to the graveyard.

"That girl met her mom and cried tears of joy, saying 'Thank you to big brother'."

That's good to hear.

I still don't know if my choice was right. By defying Dan, I affected many people's lives.

But when I hear stories like this, I feel it was the right thing to do.

That's because I was able to protect someone.

"...Right, what about Raize?"

"That kid seems to have been busy lately with the mess at the Orteze family. But maybe she'll have some free time soon?"

"...I'll go see her."

I slowly got up from the bed.

"Wait, it's still dangerous! Raize-chan will probably come even if you wait!"

"No, I want to see the world with my own eyes."

In other words, it's a stroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test