21 February 2024

Musou Slime 47

Test

47. Noah And The Flower Field


"Where is this?"

I woke up. I'm in Noah's flower field.

"Good morning, Arx-san."

Next to me is Noah again, welcoming me with a gentle smile.

So, it's safe to assume I'm still alive. I'm probably passed out from exhaustion after stabbing Dan.

"You seem quite tired. Would you like me to massage your shoulders?"

"No, I'm fine. There's something I want to ask rather than that."

What I wanted to ask Noah was when I next saw her. The opportunity to do so came surprisingly early.

"Firstly, I want to confirm. I can now use the <Human> skill, right?"

"Yes. The skill has been dormant within you since you inherited it."

"Why couldn't I use the skill before?"

"<Human> is a skill influenced by human emotions and willpower, as well as its effects. That's why the inheritor receives an explanation about that power from the previous inheritor."

In other words, I must have awakened the dormant <Human> at that critical moment.

I somewhat understand the reason. I clarified my reason for fighting.

"And this is the biggest question... Noah, who are you?"

That's a question that strikes at the core. I've been curious about how Noah and I can communicate.

Indeed, she guided me when I was lost. But we haven't officially allied yet. I know too little about her.

Noah, still with a gentle expression, slowly spoke.

"I'm the holder of the previous <Human>."

"...No, I knew that."

"Then, my name is Noah. I'm a woman."

"...I knew that too."

"Then, what else would you like to know?"

"Anything other than that, I guess."

What a peculiar girl. Is she naturally like this?

Feeling perplexed, Noah suddenly wore a melancholic expression.

"...I don't know. Anything other than that."

I couldn't grasp the meaning of her words.

"I don't remember anything from when I was alive. My only memory is giving you the skill while barely escaping from a dark place."

I see. I don't understand at all.

Did I have any past encounters with Noah? She seems to know about me, but I don't remember receiving the skill.

"But, barely escaping means..."

"Yes, I think I'm already dead."

I didn't know how to respond. I fell silent.

It's awkward. Noah kept smiling at me, but I averted my gaze. Let's change the subject.

"Next question. What is this flower field?"

"I believe it's in your heart... We can probably communicate through the skill. At first, there was nothing here, but I gradually nurtured it."

"Incredible. From nothing?"

"It's not that amazing. The soil was soft, and there were plenty of seeds. Probably because you're a good person."

Even if that's the case, considerable effort is required to grow so many flowers from nothing.

No, maybe Noah doesn't consider it as an effort. After all, she'll never leave here.

Noah was diligently nurturing flowers in the same scenery every day. Imagining her figure made my heart ache somehow.

That's right, Noah is living here. She's growing flowers and experiencing various things.

"Noah, do you remember anything about the outside world?"

"...Honestly, not much. I can see the sky and flowers here, but I hardly remember buildings, and you're the only person, Arx-san."

Noah has been here alone, waiting for me.

"I see. Then I'll definitely take you outside, Noah."

"Arx-san?"

"Absolutely, I'll take Noah out into the world. Then we'll adventure together."

"Adventure?"

"Yeah. There are dungeons in the outside world..."

I told Noah about my adventures so far.

She sparkled when I talked about battles with monsters and laughed when I mentioned Raize's big appetite. 

She looked sad when I mentioned Dan's death but was happy about my growth.

She's expressive. She really is a human being.

"Arx-san, it's really interesting. I want to try adventuring too!"

"Yeah. We'll definitely adventure together!"

"Please tell me more about your adventures. I've come to love your stories, Arx-san."

Come to think of it, we've been talking for quite a while. How much time has passed in the outside world?

I feel like the time here and the time outside don't match. So, there's a possibility that more time has passed than I thought.

"...It's time to go back. Can't let my comrades worry."

"Understood. Take care."

"I can come back, right?"

"Yes. I'll always be waiting here."

A sensation of consciousness awakening. It's the same as before, a prelude to waking up.

"Take care, Alcus-san. I hope your adventures will be wonderful."

The last thing I heard was Noah's voice seeing me off.

I'll definitely bring you back to the original world. So, please wait a little longer until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test