21 February 2024

Introverted Archer 50

Test

50. Rational Or Irrational!


"Hey, Eimu-kun? Is it okay for us to be here?"

"Hm? It's fine, it's fine. If anything happens, we can say we came in for shelter. Trespassing is no big deal!"

I broke through the locked door, and stepped onto the rooftop of Formo.

"The air here is really refreshing. Especially after being in the dungeon just now. It feels great without a ceiling!"

"Yeah, it feels nice, but what are we doing here?"

I stood in front of the rooftop fence and pointed downwards.

Below us was Formo's parking lot. - And in the middle of it, there was an unnaturally raised gigantic cave.

"Is that... a dungeon!?"

"That's the source of the disaster this time. If it appeared in the parking lot, it's likely to infiltrate the store too."

In the parking lot, monsters were destroying cars, and explosions were happening here and there.

Explosions and screams. Terrifying voices of monsters. Various sounds mingled together, creating utter chaos.

"With so many monsters still around... there's nothing we can do!"

"That's where I come in."

My [Sure Hit] allows me to attack enemies within the range of detection.

And in dungeons where enemies appear on a flat surface, I mainly use detection skills to attack them.

But now, I'm standing in a high place that isn't present in the dungeon. And in my field of vision, there are countless monsters.

It's been a dream of mine. As someone who's an archer, I've always felt that I should know high places. The rationality of dominating wide spaces from an overwhelmingly advantageous position. The pleasure from that is immeasurable.

"<Shooting Star>!"

I shoot an arrow high into the sky. When the arrow released by <Materialization> reaches the center of the parking lot, it disperses like fireworks, raining down onto the parking lot.

A few seconds later, the dispersed arrows pierce through the monsters. Although the power of each individual arrow isn't high due to their numbers, with no dungeon boss present, their lethality is still more than enough.

"Beautiful...!"

"That should settle it."

All the monsters have been defeated. Whether that dungeon will settle in this parking lot or disappear, I don't know. 

But the monsters won't be overflowing and attacking people anymore.

"Phew, I'm a bit tired..."

I lean against the fence and sit down on the spot.

The battle with the floor boss and the descent of disaster. Both happened within this one hour. I didn't expect to handle such a hard schedule.

"Good job. Eimu-kun, your rational actions were commendable again!"

"...I wonder."

"Huh?"

Lately, I've been thinking.

"I feel like I've been somewhat irrational lately..."

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't used to help people before. I always thought about myself and didn't care what happened to other people."

I lectured Mashita before, but I wasn't much different from him. Pursuing only my own interests without caring about others is easier, and there are often situations where you end up benefiting from it.

"But lately, I've been feeling weird. Making up various reasons to help people, getting irritated by other people's affairs. It feels like my rationality is diminishing day by day."

When did this start happening? I trace back my memories.

"Isn't that fine?"

At that moment, Hina sat down next to me.

"I thought maybe Eimu-kun could pursue your own rationality to the fullest! That's what I thought!"

"...What do you mean?"

"Because it's not interesting if there's only one rational path! Eimu-kun, wouldn't it be best to become strong by pursuing your own rationality in your own way?"

That sounds pretty flawed.

"I decided to help people earlier, just like Eimu-kun... Honestly, I was really scared. I thought Eimu-kun was amazing. Helping people might not be rational, but I think it's strong."

Helping people, huh?

Come to think of it, the time I started changing was when I started talking to Hina.

Becoming friends with Hina was unexpected for me. 

Until now, I've only interacted with people in ways that wouldn't lead to friendship. 

I've always communicated in a way that didn't expect anything from others.

But she surpasses the walls of my heart. 

Every time I meet Hina, she teaches me a world I don't know. 

Fashion, brainstorming, bento. And thenーーher idea of rationality.

"I feel like I can't argue against Hina. Maybe she's changed me."

"If you say that, then me too! I've changed a lot since meeting you, Eimu-kun!"

Accepting change is important for living beings. 

Since the formation of the Earth up to the present, various organisms have adapted to changes in the environment, undergoing repeated changes.

It was necessary for survival, and change is strength. In other words, rationality.

Then, could accepting her idea of rationality be another change for becoming stronger?

Oops, I ended up making excuses again.

"Let's go back and take a nap. We have school tomorrow, and I want to laze around at home as much as possible."

"Aww! Since it's a rare day off, let's move around more! I know, let's go shopping together!"

"Shopping in this situation... surprisingly, you're mentally tough."

I like the word rational.

I believe that acting rationally, and efficiently taking the shortest path is the right thing to do. I will continue to become stronger in a rational way.

On the other hand, I hate the word irrational.

"... Well, let's accompany you shopping before the nap."

That's not so bad either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test