10 February 2024

Musou Slime 43

Test

43. Overwhelming Despair


"I'm sorry. It took a little while!"

"You fool... you're late! Fool, fool, fool!"

"Are you... crying?"

"I'm not crying!"

It's undeniable that it's good that Raize is alive, but the situation is dire. I saw a massive pale skeleton. And the one controlling it is――.

"Dan, you're alive, huh?"

"No way. I crawled out from the depths of hell."

Dan, who should have been crushed by Rauche, stood before us again in the same state as before his death.

I never imagined―― no, considering he could turn humans into undead, I should have imagined something like this.

I never thought we would reunite like this.

"I thought I'd torture that Raize guy first... well, whatever. You directly hit me, so your crime is heavy enough. I'll make you suffer first."

"Arx, be careful of the skeleton behind. Also, if you get too close, you'll get attacked!"

"Got it!"

I still have many questions I want to ask, but I can't afford to say that now. I ready my sword.

When I attempted to strike earlier, Dan stopped attacking Raize and stepped back. That means my attack should work.

"<Appraisal>!"

First, let's find out the opponent's weaknesses!


――

Target: Dan Orteze Level 0

Searching for weak points. Analyzing. Analysis complete.

Weak point discovered. Sharing perspective.

――


Based on the analyzed information, Dan's body glows red. 

The weak point is human vitals, which means my attacks will be effective.


――

Target: Dan Orteze Level 0

Skills

<Undead>

[Hundred Demon Parade]... Turns the dead into undead monsters.

[Dance of Death]... Unleashes abilities based on the number of undead monsters within a 1-kilometer radius.

――


Next displayed is information about his skills.

I see. It's a skill that gets stronger based on the number of undead monsters.

But what are the abilities that he unleashed? Could it be that only the skeleton behind isn't the ability?

There were things Raize mentioned. I need to be cautious.

Rushing in all at once would be dangerous. Let's start by observing!

"Let's go, everyone!"

"Kyuu!"

First, I summon six slimes. One of them is an iron wall slime.

While defending in case something happens, let's attack all at once!

"Take this!"

I still can't control magic well. Is the output 1 or 100? 100 would put too much strain on my body.

First, as a jab, I shoot lightning magic with a power of 1. A small current heads towards Dan.

"<Ghost Hand>!"

When the lightning is about to hit Dan, the hand of the skeleton behind makes a scraping motion, canceling out the lightning.

This is probably its first ability. It's called <Ghost Hand>.

I see. If I get too close, I'll get hit by that. Then I should avoid close combat and attack from a distance――

"Hey, are you trying to figure out my skills?"

At that moment, Dan said with a faint smile.

"In that case, perfect. I'll tell you. I'll recite my skills for you."

What's he talking about...?

"<Ghost Hand>. Deals heavy damage to a single enemy. <Devil's Chain>. Restrains a single enemy. <Immortal Shield>. Summons a shield. <Envy Blaze>. High firepower towards all. <Maria>. Summons the Skeleton Emperor."

Why is he revealing his hand himself!?

"You probably wondered why I revealed my hand, right? It's simple, my skills are the strongest."

At that moment, the skeleton behind swung its arm sideways. Its massive arm attacks us!

"This is bad!"

I ready my sword, mixing slashes and thrusts with the skeleton's hand.

Clang, the sound of metal resounded. Sparks fly.

What power! That size is no joke. I'm getting pushed back. If this continues, I'll get blown away!

"Kyukyu!"

At that moment, the slimes ran towards Dan.

With one hand restrained by me, if I can dodge the other hand, I might be able to directly damage Dan!

"So, it's pointless!!"

However, Dan shouted.

In an instant, the skeleton's mouth emits a blue light. That's flames. Could it be!

"<Envy Blaze>!!"

Blue flames spew from the skeleton's mouth. It's like a high-powered beam.

"Uwaaaaahhhhh!!"

Overwhelmed by the power and heat, I got sent flying backward instantly.

Then I'm rolling on the ground, crashing into tombstones. I'm still conscious, but I've taken considerable damage!

"Kyuu..."

Sitting down, the iron wall slime on my stomach squeaked. The shield is severely cracked.

"You... protected me!"

Even with the iron wall slime's protection, this power! It's so strong.

Has the iron wall slime exhausted its strength, or like summer ice, it melted away.

"Darn it, what should I...?"

"The attack isn't over yet, aaaaahhh!!"

As I thought about my next move, the skeleton's hand grabbed my body.

With a strong grip, it began swinging my body around.

This is bad! At this rate!!

"Flyyyyy!!"

With Dan's shout, my hand got released at the same time.

Like a ball getting thrown, my body flies through the air.

Boom!!!

A violent roar. I get slammed against the wall of the graveyard.

"[Arx-san, Arx-san]"

I hear someone's voice. My consciousness fades.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test