10 February 2024

Introverted Archer 45

Test

45. Rational Finishing Move!


The Floor Boss, panting heavily, glares at me, its detested opponent.

Whenever I look directly into the monster's eyes, I'm overwhelmed by indescribable sensations. Fear. Excitement. Anticipation. Anxiety. A tension is akin to mixing paints on a palette course through me.

"Gigyagyagya!!"

"<Rapid Shot>!!"

The Floor Boss is showered with arrows I release, staggering as it rushes toward me.

"...Fast!"

As the Floor Boss closes in, it swings its hoofed hand downward.

Dodging at the last moment, I immediately counter with arrows.

That was close. It's a miracle I avoided that. Despite exhausting it this much, it can still move this quickly!?

"Gyagagagaga!!"

"<Repel Arrow>!!"

Sending back the lightning-fast blow with an arrow, the Floor Boss gets sent flying backward, crashing through the dungeon wall.

An explosive impact. I get pushed back by the force.

"Gigyagyagya...!!"

The Floor Boss smiles like a human. I don't know if there's meaning in a goat's smile, but it seems pleased facing me, its target.

"If you're enjoying this, I'm glad. I am too."

But, this is quite troublesome.

I never expected the Floor Boss to have this much stamina. 

On top of that, it's faster than any opponent I've faced. While [Sure Hit] ensures no issues with the offense, I'm not confident I can dodge its attacks.

"There's no choice but to use that...!"

Before the exam, having mastered <Materialization>, I had been thinking of various techniques using created arrows. <Rapid Shot> and <Repel Arrow> were all conceived during that period.

There's one condition for <Materialization>: 'Being within the scope of one's imagination.'

<Rapid Shot> was inspired by a gunslinger's quick draw, usable because the logic for it exists within me. 

<Repel Arrow> added my own interpretation after seeing Hina's blessing [Absolute Reflection]. So, it works.

However, <Materialization> is particularly weak regarding things beyond my common sense. For instance, a technique with the power to destroy this entire dungeon couldn't be shot because I can't imagine it.

No, precisely, I don't know if I can shoot it. 

Since I can't imagine it, I have to rely solely on the will to use this technique, unsure if it'll get shot as imagined or turn into something completely different.

To defeat it, I must deliver the highest firepower attack I can muster.

I've never seen such an attack before. I neither dealt nor received it myself.

However, combining my past experiences, there's a possibility.

The problem is temporally, <Materialization> takes time, especially for powerful techniques.

It's insane to try to buy time against such a fast opponent.

"Isn't there... anything I can do!?"

Even as I speak, the Floor Boss relentlessly launches attacks. 

Since it's adapted to <Repel Arrow>, it doesn't attempt powerful attacks likely to rebound upon being repelled.

Yet, steadily, it presses on. The moment I show an opening will be the signal for the end.

I won't say, "Don't move." But if I could predict where it'll attack.

Wait a second? There's a way to anticipate the opponent's moves!

"Please! This is my only option!"

I desperately widen my eyes, focusing on the Floor Boss's movements. It's to use the ability to see the future.

I've never consciously used this ability before. 

I'm not even sure if I can.

But to endure this fierce onslaught, foresight is indispensable. 

I must control this power by any means necessary!

Rationally speaking, if I could foresee the distant future of Mirei's death, then I should be able to see even more clearly a second ahead. 

If a second doesn't work, then 0.1 seconds. Even 0.01 seconds...!

"...Here it comes!"

Faintly, but I could see the Floor Boss's attack ahead of time! This time, I'll reduce the time for anticipation to 0.1 seconds, and then to 1 second!

"I can see... its movements perfectly!"

It feels like about a second. I'm able to anticipate the Floor Boss's attacks! Now, it's my pace. I read its moves and evade them in advance!

"Gigya!?"

As I begin dodging its attacks, the Floor Boss increases the pace of its assault. Of course, none of them hit.

"<Repel Arrow>!"

As the Floor Boss's blow becomes stronger, I counter by repelling the attack unexpectedly.

Once again, the Floor Boss gets sent flying. I must seize this opening!

"Let me show you... my 'utmost firepower'!"

Materializing is the ultimate blow. I don't need two arrows. With just one shot, I'll blow it away.

Concentrating the power of 3 arrows into one with <Triple> effect. Just as the warlords of the Warring States period said, 3 arrows can't be broken, I'll fuse the power, endurance, and speed into one arrow.

The power of just three arrows is still not enough. I pull the string harder, increasing the density of 1 arrow. Without being blown away by the impact, I pour my whole being into it, hitting the Floor Boss with everything I have!

This isn't just shooting. It's the only optimal solution. I mobilize all rationality to create the strongest blow.

"<Rational One>"

The blow I unleashed splits the ground, hitting the Floor Boss's torso directly, causing a fierce roar.

Almost blown away by the recoil, I brace myself against the impulse coursing through my entire body and the headwind.

Light envelops the 3rd floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test