25 February 2024

Introverted Archer 52

Test

52. Rational Urban Legends!


"Now, the quota for today is done..."

Returning home and finishing my studies, I lay on my bed and took a breath.

In addition to slaying monsters outside the dungeon, there's the daily grind of studying. It's tough being a student when you have to do both. Because I'm feeling a bit tired, maybe I'll watch some videos to unwind.

"Locking onto your gaze for eternity!"

The video I played on my phone was by the popular streamer, Mirai. For me, she's more familiar as Mirei.

Lately, I've been watching her videos occasionally. They're short, about 10 minutes each, and well-edited, so they're enjoyable to watch.

For streamers, increasing the number of videos is important, so in that sense, the various innovations she applies to her videos are irrational. But it's rather characteristic of her.

"Well then, that's all for this time! Don't forget to subscribe!"

Oh, it's over already. Mirei's videos always seem to fly by.

There's still some time left. Ah, right...

I type 'Hero of Light' into my phone. I remembered what Hina said during the day.

Without much expectation, I glanced through the list of videos that appeared in the search results, and one thumbnail caught my eye.

"'Rare Items Left by the Hero of Light'...?"

Intrigued by the title, I impulsively played the video.

"Delivered from the deepest part of the dungeon! The Tact of the Abyss Walker!"

"I'm Mitsu!"

The video showed 2 young men.

The unique greeting was something I was used to from Mirei, but I guess everyone does that kind of thing.

"Have you all heard the news? The calamity of Formo in Midoriyadai!"

"They say mysterious light defeated the monsters, right?"

"Yeah, yeah! From the perspective of those of us dealing with urban legends, it feels like a conspiracy!"

"We've discussed the 'Revival Theory of the Hero of Light' many times on our channel! Maybe this time it's related!"

Oh, so urban legends are made like this. I've always taken such rumors with a grain of salt, but I never thought I'd become involved.

"The Hero of Light may have already revived in the modern era and is progressing with a plan with a secret organization!"

"But why didn't the Hero of Light show up this time to stop the calamity?"

"That's related to today's video... it's speculated that the Hero of Light wanted to indicate that he had retrieved the 'Legendary Items' he once hid!"

Then, images of five weapons – sword, armor, bow, staff, and hammer – appeared in the video.

"What we're introducing this time is the bow among them! The Storm Bow, Twisteria!"

Oh, a bow! And it looks pretty cool!

"The Hero of Light seemed to have an aptitude for all weapons, but he often used the bow to sweep away weak enemies, and that's the Storm Bow, Twisteria!"

"But aren't all weapons the same?"

"Don't say that like it's an infomercial. The rarity of Twisteria is 'Legend'. It's a rare drop among rare drops."

"But it must be expensive, right?"

"So don't say it like an infomercial. That's why they said that after quelling the great calamity, the Hero of Light hid Twisteria in the Midoriyadai dungeon!"

Huh...?

"Here's where it connects. The Hero of Light may have revived in the modern era and come to Midoriyadai to retrieve Twisteria, and to stop the calamity!"

"Incidentally. How strong do you have to be to deal with a Level 4 calamity on the side?"

"And that's not an exaggeration. According to legend, the Hero of Light with Twisteria swept through countless monsters like a storm. They said he blew away nearly a hundred with a single arrow and shot many more."

"What do you think, viewers? Can you believe a single arrow hitting a hundred? Archers are already underrated――"

I stopped the video there.

In Midoriyadai, there's a legendary bow hidden by the Hero of Light.

The video talked as if the Hero of Light already retrieved it. But that's impossible. Because it was me who quelled the calamity in Formo.

I don't believe in urban legends or conspiracy theories. I've never seen them present rational arguments. I can understand it if people enjoy them as entertainment, but I think anyone who believes them seriously is irrational.

――Or so I think. I do think that, but...

"I want it, the Storm Bow Twisteria――!"

With that thought, I couldn't sit still. Excited, I slept. The next day, I excitedly attended classes at school.

――After school.

"I must be out of my mind..."

I sighed. Looking to the side, I could see the Formo buildings in the distance.

And before my eyes was the Suidani-dai dungeon.

I had come. In pursuit of a rare item.

"...This is a rational action. If there's an item to become stronger, there's no reason not to go, right?"

I reassured myself like that and shot an arrow into the dungeon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test