19 February 2024

Introverted Archer 48

Test

48. Rational Tactics! [Side - Hina]


"Amazing... that person is wielding a 2-seater bench and fighting monsters!"

"Let's escape while we can!"

The monsters' gazes were all directed at me at the sound just now. The scattered monsters began to gather in droves.

"There are indeed many of them... the scale of the disaster is huge...!"

Staring at the monsters, I recalled Mirei-san's words.

"Okay? Hina-chan's job is a Paladin. Paladins specialize in frontline defense, so people assumed Paladins fight in coordination with their surroundings. There are times when you can't rely on your comrades for support, right? And you have to fight alone?"

"Yes. Personally, that's quite a challenge because it takes time to gain an advantage alone, and the monsters gather quickly."

"It's not a bad thing that the monsters gather. If you can take them down one by one over time, you can eventually win. And you can also wait for your comrades' support. So, what do you think the problem is?"

"...Getting surrounded by monsters while stalling for time?"

Mirei-san nodded and patted my head.

"You understand well, that's correct! Yes, the problem is that the handling of the monsters falls behind, and in the meantime, you're overwhelmed by their numbers. So, on top of that, what do you think you should do?"

"Um, that is..."

In this situation, I can apply the strategy I got taught by Mirei-san!

"Get out of the way!"

"Gyaaaaah!!"

Swinging the bench, I scattered the monsters with kicks.

But I can't keep fighting with this bench forever. Probably around here—

"...There it is!"

I found it! The EFD!

I remember learning how to use it along with the AED when I was in middle school. If I use the tools in this box!

"...Amazing, it really worked!"

I completed the makeshift sword and shield. They're much cheaper than the equipment I usually use, but just having them makes it easier to maneuver.

"Gwoooooah!!"

"Oh no! They're catching up quite fast! Were there this many!?"

I run. Drawing the monsters' attention, I head towards my destination.

"Alright, here!"

I chose the place to fight. It's—on the escalator.

"This is where it counts! <Auto-Recovery>! <Lightning Rod>!"

Activating my skills, I hold up my shield from the escalator downwards. The monsters try to climb up to the second floor all at once, but due to the narrow width of the escalator, only one at a time can ascend.

I repel the one at the front with my shield. 

Then, due to the impact of the leading monster getting pushed back, the monsters behind also fall down.

"It's as Mirei-san said... dealing with them one by one and taking time to fight the monsters. That means, fighting in narrow spaces!"

On the escalator, monsters can only ascend one at a time. It's easy to repel them, and even if they try to climb up from the opposite side, it's easy to push them back.

"I can do this...! With this strategy!"

Every time the monsters come, I push them down with my shield. All that's left is to wait for the adventurers to arrive!

Then, I repeat the process of dropping the monsters down below. Taking on one at a time isn't a big deal, but it's exhausting when it continues for a long time.

"Oryaaaa!! Haah, haah, haah..."

About 10 minutes had passed. I was fighting back while catching my breath, when suddenly I heard a clinking sound above my head.

"Gwoooooah!!"

A black monster bursts in from the glass ceiling. Since Folmo has an open space in the middle of the building, monsters can fall straight from the ceiling.

"...What's that!?"

It's definitely stronger than the monsters I'm dealing with now. It's a monster with a bat-like appearance and four arms.

The monster looks around, and our eyes meet.

"...Uh-oh!"

The bat-like monster flaps its wings and flies straight toward me!

"Gigigigigigigi!!"

"Whoa!"

The monster that broke through the glass barrier crashes into me and then lands.

I roll on the floor, dropping my shield and sword from the impact.

"This... might be bad..."

I'm falling down causing the monsters on the escalator to gather around me.

All hope seemed lost. Words that sounded distant, something I would only hear in class, suddenly became close.

"But... not yet! [Absolute Reflection]!!"

It's an absolute defense that lasts for 10 seconds. Using my last resort, I pick up my weapon and strike at the monsters.

The blade touches the bat-like creature. But it doesn't seem to inflict much damage. When I try to sever its neck with the blade, the monster grabs the sword and crushes the blade with its grip.

"That's... too strong..."

And then, the 10 seconds were up.

"Brururuaaa!!"

The boar-like monster charges at me. Once again, I'm knocked down by the impact.

"This might be the end..."

In the end, I couldn't win. But it's okay. Everyone was able to evacuate.

Above all, I fought properly. When I think about that, I don't really have any regrets.

I wonder what Eimu-kun would say if he saw me now?

"I see. You narrowed down the passage and bought some time. Not bad. A rational tactic, just the way I like it."

Huh?

At the moment when I was prepared for death when I opened my eyes, there was—

"Eimu-kun!?"

"That was a nice time-stalling. Shall I take over from here?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test