13 February 2024

General 10.2

Test

Chapter 10.2. Tigers Belong To The Cat Family


"Nya-go♪ Nya-nya-nya♪"

After the entrance ceremony, as I sat on the sofa in the living room, meows echoed.

It's not like I started keeping a cat because living alone was lonely.

"Goro-goro nyaah♪"

I stroked the silver, beautiful fur of the cat rubbing against my knees, and it purred contentedly.

Huh? Isn't it supposed to be fur instead of hair for cats?

No, it's not a mistake.

On my lap is Mina, who has lost the ability to speak human language.

"Um, Mina?"

"Nnyaah?"

Earlier in the school, she gave off a strict, scary senior vibe, but now she looks nothing like that.

"I thought you were going to give me a lecture?"

"I just said that for everyone else's sake♪ Sorry nyaah."

"Why are you speaking in cat language as soon as you get home..."

"Being at the top of the second years is tough~ Orders come flying in from the student council and the third years. I get pushed by the 1st years, and my peers bring me their troubles."

"Yeah, yeah."

"So, I can relax to the fullest in private♪"

I see.

The more capable a person is, the better they are at switching between work and private life. Is Mina's cat language also a tool for maintaining her mental well-being?

As someone who has inadvertently shouldered a part of Mina's mental burden, all I can do is silently comfort Mina the cat.

Yeah. It's a lower psychological barrier than being forced into baby play.

"It's only the first day, but it feels like they have various problems within the academy."

As I grumbled, Mina, in a kitten-like tone, answered my question.

"But strength isn't necessarily just about simple combat power, nya~ In military factions, combat abilities are emphasized, but in civilian factions, support abilities that can be used other than direct combat are rather emphasized, nya~"

"Hmm... So, it's an ambiguous criterion where those who are useful are considered great."

"Since evaluation criteria vary between factions, we don't recognize each other, nya. That's the fundamental cause of conflict within this academy, nya~"

I see.

As expected of someone entrusted with the top position, this cat can give clear and organized answers.

(Boo! Boo!)

"Mina, your phone is ringing. Looks like you got a message."

"Nya? Mina is a cat for today, so I can't read text, nya~ Yuu-kun, please read it, nya~"

Ignoring the mundane comment about speaking human language, I glanced at Mina rolling on the sofa and opened her phone's message.

"It's from the student council. What could it be? Let's see."

"Second-year student Souma Daiki has challenged someone to a duel. Therefore~"

"What⁉"

Mina, who had instantly returned to her usual self, snatched the phone from my hand.

Reading the message silently, Mina's back started to tremble.

Under Mina's pressure, I felt as if her silver hair was wriggling like Medusa's.

"That bastard...! What does he think he's doing challenging me and Yuu-kun to a fight?"

Her grip tightened, and the phone creaked under the pressure.

You're switching too abruptly from a cute kitten.

However, I was thinking how dueling systems still exist in modern times as if it were someone else's problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test