20 February 2024

Earth Dungeon 141.1

Test

Chapter 141.1. Emergence


The Tsukuba Line Fortress is a considerably large new market. With many bases in the northern area under its control, it has become a new market.

At the top floor of the headquarters of the Amatsugahara Corporation. Sitting on the sofa in the penthouse living room, Amano Sakimori gazes at the documents on the table with a serious expression.

"Hey... Yukihana-san? I thought Shingen and the others were heading for training. Why are they establishing control over the ruins outside the city and turning it into a base? Who said to go around and establish control?"

I received a letter from Shingen saying he was heading north and then circling west to progressively establish control over bases. Strange, didn't I tell them to go for training?

I tilt my head, sigh at the documents, and glare at the person in front of me with narrowed eyes. Why is this happening?

"That man Masamune is quite the schemer. He advised Shingen to advance after capturing the base as it is. Advised Shingen. Hahaha, Yukihana-chan's jokes are genius. And now with another cunning old man joining in, there's no one to oppose them."

A beautiful girl in modified traditional clothing sitting opposite me brushes her hair aside and smiles cunningly. Her posture is alluring as she crosses her legs. Shizuku, who tries to show off her sexy figure by repeatedly hopping in front of me, is ridiculously cute.

"Don't station troops in the bases. Just go on to capture other bases one after another. I underestimated the power of capable military personnel. Not caring about the budget is also very military-like."

I'm astonished by the amount of requested food supplies. In the newly acquired bases, they have been living moderately by gathering monster cores, mainly from level 2 skill holders who have recently appeared sporadically. Their lives have barely begun to improve through the exchange of food supplies at the core store.

It's easy for level 2 skills to start appearing. Survivors who were about to level up their skills started actively defeating monsters.

And the fact that the bases have barely managed to survive is the key.

Seeing the abundance of our equipment and food, the people who barely survived, who could barely survive, began to hope. So, there was hardly any resistance, and the conquest progressed smoothly. Having cars makes transportation faster.

They're capturing one base after another in a matter of days. The bosses of oppressive bases were killed without needing to lift a finger, thanks to Shingen's food-scattering tactics, which led to internal rebellions.

Food scattering tactics. A cruel method of scattering food to collapse the enemy's base from within.

For both enemies and allies.

"What's with this huge demand for rice and flour! We don't grow rice and wheat at home. And, a large amount of sugar and salt too..."

I feel like banging my head against the wall. I strongly feel the need to determine the military budget. It's not a magic wand. My wallet is always light, and it flies away when the wind blows.

[Rice and flour. Shouldn't we put them in the core store?]

"I understand what you said, Shizuku... But I don't want to attract attention from the inner town."

I understand. I understand what Shizuku is saying. But still...

"Move people from the captured bases to the plains. Create large-scale bases. Then we can grow rice."

[Yes, if many people gather, can't we create large-scale farms? The population size is power.]

"Hey, were you listening to what I said? I said I didn't want to attract attention from the inner town. If we create large-scale farms, we'll stand out."

There's a military in the inner city, you know. It would be very troublesome if they came to occupy us.

I expected the two to answer, but still asked.

When the two look at each other, they laugh cutely.

[It's too late for that. We're already attracting attention.]

"That's right. The fact that Amatsugahara Corporation acquired the fortress should have already spread to the inner city. It's no time to talk about not standing out anymore, right?"

"Yeah, you're right. Wasn't acquiring the fortress quite noticeable? It's like a little sandbox, isn't it?"

Look, it's already an abandoned fortress. Like a secret base for kids.

"Before World War II, it might be good to tell the French army that we acquired the Maginot Line fortress."

"I had a vague idea, but it's still no good, huh... We still don't have any fighter planes or combat helicopters. If we're attacked by the national army, we'll easily be defeated, but we have no choice but to move."

"[You should know that you've incorporated the fortress soldiers. To avoid being taken over, you have to come up with clever ideas.]"

That's Shingen, no, Shingen probably doesn't understand, so it's probably Masamune. Because he understands, he's rapidly gaining control of the bases.

"We have no choice but to cultivate fields and form a city... and try to get the country to recognize it as a special zone...? Can we get the Kanto Northeastern Region recognized as Amatsugahara Corporation's headquarters?"

[The Kanto Northeastern Region is quite ambitious, isn't it?]

"Do you really want to stand out? Or rather, fighter planes and combat helicopters are too greedy, aren't they, master?"

Shizuku claps her hands excitedly, and Yukihana squints. But, this is the natural outcome. I had a vague idea when I acquired the fortress.

"If you want to stand out, gather troops and expand your territory at once, making it difficult for the enemy to attack and making them think the profits are minimal. It can't be helped; release the rice."

It's time to finish the gap industry.

[Equivalent Exchange Store]

Activating the skill, I called the equivalent exchange store after a long time.

The board of the equivalent exchange store appears before me. I tap it with my index finger, and the lineup list appears.

[One bag of rice seeds: D Core 1]

I'll keep the selling price as usual, at D Core 3. I've finally set up rice. It's a little scary.

But, there's no helping it that I've started. It's just going to be a bit hectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test