06 January 2024

Twilight Alchemist 2.1

 Test

2.1. If You Have Talent For Unexpected Things, It's A Story That Will Surprise You


"Twilight Alchemist!?"

"Whoa, that's surprising!"

In response to the mysterious name unleashed by the Emblem Officer, the guild leader roared with enough volume to shake the building.

Kind of scary!

"Yeah. Unbelievable... I never thought it was an existing emblem..."

"Um, is it different from a regular alchemist?"

"A little different. While alchemists themselves are valuable, the emblem of the Twilight Alchemist has only been prophesied to exist, and the emblem itself has never been found until now."

"Huh? What does that mean?"

"To answer your question, ... well, do you know that knights have higher-ranking emblems?"

"Yeah. Holy Knights and Dragon Knight should have emblems."

It's rare to see them among adventurers, and in most cases, it seems they only manifest if the parent has that emblem.

"Yeah. By having an inherent affinity or mastering it as a knight, they can occasionally change to a higher-ranking emblem. The Twilight Alchemist holds such a position."

So, does that mean they're the strongest from the start?

"However, higher-ranking emblems for alchemists have not been confirmed. It was just given a provisional name."

"I see. But 'Twilight' is a strange name."

"There's a reason for that. It's said that when you master alchemy, you can create gold. Although no one has succeeded."

"Oh."

I've heard of that before.

"'Twilight' is a metaphor for gold, signifying an alchemist who can even create gold."

"Ah, I see."

"However, whether it can really be created is still a mystery..."

The Emblem Officer ended the conversation there. It seems he has conveyed everything that needs to be said.

"Now then, shall we rewrite the emblem for the Twilight Alchemist?"

There's no need to ask such a thing.

I requested it, offering my left hand.

My partner of four years... the magician's emblem emitted a faint light.

You... were you really unnecessary?

With a strangely refreshed feeling, I asked the Emblem Officer for the rewrite.

"Yeah... I feel a bit nervous about this. Alright, Emblem Conversion! The name is Twilight Alchemist!"

The Emblem Officer's magical power flowed into the emblem on my left hand.

It felt like a torrent of magical power that had been pent up until now, as if the emblem had been some kind of lid, rushed into my left hand all at once, and the large amount of magical power that had been stagnating in my body seemed to dance.

The guild headquarters was enveloped in golden light.

"What!?"

"I saw it! The adventurer over there is rewriting the emblem!"

"Does emblem rewriting shine like this!?"

"No way!!"

It seems that onlookers have gathered without me realizing, and the surroundings are noisy.

Apparently, my suppressed magical power had gone out of control.

At the moment the emblem was rewritten, I felt a simultaneous outflow of magical power throughout my body.

Comparing now and the past made it clear how stagnant my magical power had been.

Is this my true magical power!?

With the power of the rewritten emblem, I stabilized the magical power, and the light finally subsided.

"...The Golden Emblem?"

"What is this?"

"A colored emblem. As expected. But gold..."

Not only had the emblem on my left hand been rewritten into a complex and unfamiliar pattern, but it also emitted a golden brilliance.

"I've heard that higher-ranking job emblems have colors other than black."

"I've seen the emblem of a Holy Knight before, but this is completely different."

"Hmm. I've seen something good. I need to inform the other Emblem Officers about this pattern."

It's the Emblem Officer's job, after all. I can't deny that.

"Thank you for everything. I feel like I've been reborn."

"No. I also had a good job. I pray for your happiness."

"You too."

After exchanging a firm handshake, the Emblem Officer returned to his work.

And so, I was reborn as the Twilight Alchemist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test