06 January 2024

Twilight Alchemist 1.3

 Test

1.3. What I Cherished The Most Turned To Be A Ball And Chain. That's The Story


Even if there's a bit of an aptitude shortage, you can just carve the emblem of a knight and train. Since effort can compensate to some extent.

Also, it seems you can't carve emblems that are incompatible with you, and in such cases, you choose something else.

"Hmm. Right now, there's an Emblem Officer. Since we're at it, want to give it a try?"

"That's quite expensive, isn't it?"

"I'll cover the cost this time."

"Why go to such lengths?"

"The possibility is low, but maybe you have talent in production-related matters."

"Ah, I see."

Certainly, I had never thought about aptitudes other than becoming the adventurer I admired, given the wasted high magical power.

Indeed, having talent in carpentry or blacksmithing could be very useful for living in the Production Guild.

I don't have any lingering attachment to the magician's emblem anymore.

"Understood. I'll take you up on that offer."

"All right, understood. ...Emblem Officer! Please!"

When the guild master called, an older emblem officer with a Magician's emblem, who also serves as an officer for noble, came over. It really doesn't matter.

"Now, let's see. [Emblem Aptitude Assessment]."

My left hand emblem faintly shimmered and trembled.

"W-What the heck!?"

"Um, did you find something?"

For some reason, the emblem officer, with wide-open eyes in shock, cautiously asked me.

Huh? What?

"Hah! Impossible! Is such a thing even possible!?"

The emblem officer stared at my emblem.

This is making me extremely anxious!

"W-Is there a problem?"

"N-No, it's just a bit unbelievable... But could it be that you, with the most unsuitable emblem, are a magician?"

"Huh?"

I found out why the emblem officer was staring at my emblem.

"Can you use any magic?"

"Ah, yeah. Just the basics of basic beginner spells."

"Unbelievable! C-Could it be... you're using the power of an emblem that is not just incompatible but downright the worst, to the point where it could even affect your life!?"

"Eh!? Affect my life!?"

"Yeah. It's not well-known, but it could happen with an emblem that's too incompatible. It's almost impossible, though."

"Wait a minute! Professor, you mean to say that Craft here has been living with such a handicap for four years?"

"Yeah. It's unbelievable, but that seems to be the case. As an emblem officer, I recommend rewriting the emblem immediately."

"I heard that you generally can't have an emblem with such poor compatibility in the first place."

"Generally, that's true. However, it's extremely rare, but an emblem may be carved."

What on earth...?

Have I been carrying such an emblem with me all these years?

"Originally, there's a procedure for rewriting emblems, but this is an emergency related to life. If you wish, I can rewrite it immediately with my authority."

"That would be appreciated, but if that's the case, then what is my suitable emblem...?"

"I'm sorry. I didn't mention that. It's also an unbelievable story, but..."

The emblem officer grasped his staff and stared at me intently.

"A tremendous... It's a symbol with unimaginable power, a perfect emblem the most suitable for you, a Twilight Alchemist."

Huh, what's that? It sounds impressive.

"Oh, you're a magician, huh?"

"Haha... I've been doing it for four years, but I'm just a novice who only learned a few basic spells."

"What did you say?"

The guild master, flexing the well-defined muscles befitting a representative of the Production Guild, shook slightly.

"That's... I only had high magical power from birth, much more than others, so I didn't bother to check my aptitude."

Come to think of it, you can check aptitude, right?

But, in reality, it's not very common.

The reason is simple: usually, it's natural to inherit the occupation of one's parents. In most cases, people carve the same emblem as their parents rather than based on talent.

And in most cases, that turns out to be the most suitable choice.

For the heir of a knightly house, if they had aptitude for blacksmithing, would they try to obtain the blacksmith's emblem?

That would be absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test