16 January 2024

Twilight Alchemist 12.1

Test

12.1. To Eradicate Illness, You Need A Sword, Isn't It?


On that day, I woke up earlier than the rising sun.

"Phew... I had time to spare last night. Maybe I'll take a walk."

With a sufficient stock of potions and oils, and perhaps due to going to bed early, I woke up at an unusual hour.

Since it was too early for breakfast, I decided to take a stroll around the fields. As I stepped outside, I spotted Persia swinging a sword in the mansion's front square.

"Good morning, Persia."

"Craft. You're up early."

"Just couldn't sleep. You're quite dedicated."

"All I can do is swing a sword."

"I don't think that's all."

A person who just swings a sword can't serve as anyone's guard. Moreover, they were managing it with just the two of them. Only a select few could accomplish that.

"...Craft, can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Hmm?"

After showing a moment of hesitation, Persia turned to face me with a stern expression.

"Come this way."

Following Persia's lead, I entered the mansion.

"Keep it quiet."

"Yeah, but..."

Persia stealthily advanced to Kyle's bedroom.

(Hey...)

(Look at this.)

As I turned my gaze towards the bed as instructed, I saw Kyle not peacefully sleeping but writhing in agony.

"Uh... ugh... hmm... ku... ha..."

He was sweating and groaning in pain.

"Hey, we need to wake him up—"

Clearly, something was not right. As I hurried to wake him, Persia stopped me.

(Be quiet. It's okay.)

(But he looks really in pain!?)

(This is Kyle-sama's daily life.)

(What?)

(Well, it's better than before. Especially since he started taking Stamina Potions, he's been able to fall asleep. But now, at this time when the effects of the potion wear off, he starts suffering again.)

(That's terrible...)

As Persia left the room in silence, I followed suit. We returned to the square and sat on a log bench.

"Kyle was in such bad health?"

"He always puts on a brave front. You wouldn't know."

I see, Persia and Alfred were overprotective because of this.

"What kind of illness is it?"

"Don't know. He's had it since birth. That's why I have a favor to ask of you."

"Leave it to me."

"I haven't said anything yet."

"Do you think words won't convey in this situation? I'll try making a Cure Potion effective against the illness."

"Please."

"Alright."

The Magician's Crest had hardly been of use to others, but this Twilight Alchemist's Crest might finally be of help to someone!

There was a problem in making the Cure Potion, though – the ingredients were lacking.

"We're short on ingredients. I'll do some research."

"Yeah. If there's anything I can help with, let me know."

"Then, protecting Kyle is the best thing you can do."

"Protecting him at the cost of my life is my duty."

"You seem unconcerned. Well then."

I hurried back to the temporary guild building, where only Leafan and I had permission to enter, and searched through materials that I hadn't been allowed to see.

I flipped through the Herbology book and researched the habitats of the necessary herbs.

"Healing Potions to cure wounds are quite common, but why aren't Cure Potions for illnesses as readily available? Oh, it's because of the ingredients."

The Twilight Alchemist's Crest revealed the required ingredients, and I learned about the market's unfairness.

The necessary herbs primarily inhabited marshy areas, most of which were dangerous for humans.

I spread out a simple map from the materials.

It was basic, but it was enough to gather the necessary information.

"There's a marshy area a bit away from here. Shall I go check it out?"

If I told Kyle or Leafan, they'd likely stop me, so I decided to leave before the two of them woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test