19 January 2024

Twilight Alchemisr 14.2

Test

14.2. Consideration Depends On The Time And Situation, Isn't It?


Leafan and Persia noticed my condition and turned their faces towards me. 

Probably, my expression has become quite stern.

"Kyle... Stop lying."

"......Eh?"

Clearly showing a twitch in attitude, Kyle forced a smile towards me. Alphard and Persia quickly understood the situation.

"Kyle-sama!? What is happening!?"

"Craft! Was the potion a failure!?"

"N-No! My health is actually very good...!"

"Stop. I'll get angrier if you continue."

"You're already angry, aren't you?"

Ignoring Leafan, I stood beside Kyle.

"You may be trying to be considerate, but it's counterproductive. Speak the truth. Or do you intend to spread the potion's false effects? Eventually, it will cause trouble even for the villagers."

"Ah..."

Seeming to resign himself, Kyle dropped his shoulders rapidly.

"Kyle-sama, then..."

"What's going on!? Craft!"

"I originally thought it was 50/50 whether Kyle would be cured with the Cure Potion."

"What?"

"This Cure Potion cures diseases like colds or tetanus. Infectious diseases and the like."

"Is there a problem with that?"

"I heard Kyle's illness is congenital. Generally, illnesses come from external sources. It made me wonder if it would work on something that was already inside from the beginning. Have you shown it to a reputable doctor before?"

"Ah..."

It seemed Persia understood at that point.

"So, is Kyle-sama going to remain like this forever!?"

"Calm down, Persia!"

"I am considering something about that, but can you give me some time? Kyle, with a Stamina Potion, there should be no issue for a while, right?"

"Yes! My condition is much better than before!"

"Is that not another lie?"

"Of course not! I won't lie anymore!"

"Good. Then let's disband for today."

"...Craft, I'm sorry. I got a little agitated."

"I don't mind. It's a natural reaction. More importantly, I entrust Kyle and the village's safety to you."

"Yeah! Leave it to me!"

As everyone left the guild, Leafan sat down in front.

"I never thought a legendary Cure Potion wouldn't work."

"We don't have anyone among us who can diagnose. Moreover, even the doctor the viscount could call couldn't determine the cause. There was a high possibility of a special disease."

"Oh, I see."

"In our adventurer days, I heard a little from a priest with a healing insignia. Healing magic hardly has any effect on congenital diseases."

"Is that so?"

"It's not well-known, and with this Cure Potion having a higher effect than usual, I thought maybe..."

"Yeah. So, what are you going to do now?"

"I have some thoughts. But first, let's prioritize the village's development."

"That's true... With the Stamina Potion, Kyle-sama's condition doesn't seem bad either."

"If I may say, it's an incredibly effective nutritional supplement. I think it can greatly alleviate the symptoms of the disease."

"Yeah. So, do you have a plan for developing the village?"

"To recruit the branch of the Adventurer's Guild."

"Huh?"

"For that, we need the village's defense facility—in this case, a fence. Also, a shop. Weren't there plans for construction originally? And an inn. A safe place where adventurers can stay for an extended period."

"Um, okay. But why?"

"Probably... because we'll eventually need quite a bit of firepower."

"Eh? What do you mean?"

"Actually, there is a Potion that can definitely cure Kyle's illness."

"Eh!?"

"But, the material for that is a bit special. If we go to collect it, we'll undoubtedly end up in a fight with monsters."

"I see. So, what kind of monsters are they?"

I opened the guild's production documents. 

The page described legendary materials, and it pointed to an actual confirmed, extremely valuable material.

"Their natural habitat is mainly..."

Leafan followed the text, swallowing his saliva. 

An illustration of a vicious life form was drawn beside the blooming herbs.

"It's in the dragon's territory."

To obtain this, I'll put all my effort into preparations. 

Just wait a little longer, Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test