26 January 2024

Shop 38.1

Test

Chapter 38.1. Chains In The Wilderness


The two guards protecting Cherina were formidable.

A bandit took a shot with his bow, but the guard easily knocked it away with a spear, and the other guard closed in. 

The bandits, in disarray, hastily formed a defensive formation. 

However, the one at the forefront received the guard's spear at his shoulder and writhed in pain on the spot.

Though there were concerns since there were six bandits, they seemed ineffective. 

Each time the guards closed in, the bandits had no choice but to step back.

"Oh, they're strong, aren't they?"

"...It's strange."

Cherina's opinion was the opposite of mine.

"What's strange?"

"Well, anyone living in this town should know how foolish it is to antagonize Veliero. Even passing bandits wouldn't attack armed soldiers; if they were to attack, it would make more sense to target a seemingly weaker merchant."

"That may be true, but... maybe it's just that they're not very smart..."

"There's a possibility of impulsive crime as well..."

After a moment of silent contemplation, Cherina suddenly stood up and jumped out of the carriage. Her movement was so natural that there was no time to stop her.

"Hey! Cherina!"

"Oh, young lady?!"

Melville, Cherina's companion, and I shouted simultaneously.

"...Is he here?! Come out! You pervert!"

Cherina ignored us, stood proudly, and shouted angrily.

I also jumped out of the carriage in a tumble, attempting to pull Cherina back. 

However, an arrow suddenly pierced the air between Cherina and me.

"Whoa?!"

Losing my balance, I tumbled to the ground.

"There you are!"

Cherina, with a movement reminiscent of an animal, swung a thin red chain wrapped around her body with both hands. 

In a move that could be mistaken for rhythmic gymnastics, she struck a bandit hidden behind a rock. 

The bandit, as if kicked by a large dog, screamed as he tumbled out from behind the rock.

"Wait?!"

I unintentionally let out a strange sound.

When Cherina turned her wrist, the chain drew a wave in the air, wrapping around the bandit's neck. It resembled a vivid red serpent.

"Hyu!"

With a flash of determination, she blew foam from her mouth, and the man was dragged out in front of her.

What happened seemed unbelievable in an instant. 

Cherina, with her ample bosom swaying, stepped on the man's face.

"You bastard!"

"Gyaa!"

A man in dirty clothes, holding a crossbow, had a hard kiss with the ground. 

To add insult to injury, Cherina violently drove her boot into the back of the man's head.

My brain turned blank due to the unexpected event, but I hurriedly rushed to Cherina.

"Are you okay?!"

"It's nothing to worry about."

While exhaling a sigh of relief, I looked down at the man who was foaming at the mouth and unconscious under her feet.

"What's going on with these guys..."

"Most likely, they're just thugs who recently arrived in this area. It's not uncommon for such people to get hired to attack us."

"Common, you say..."

Suddenly.

It happened when I slightly shifted my gaze. 

The ground behind Cherina seemed to sharply reflect the dusk.

What followed wasn't a conscious action.

"Cherina!"

"Huh?"

I don't even know why I took such an action without hesitation. 

I found myself pushing Cherina down as if to embrace her.

"Young lady!"

Melvin, who had descended from the carriage, shouted as he approached.

Then, two voices overlapped.

"Akira-sama?!"

"Darn it!"

One was Cherina's scream right in front of me. Her face was right in front of mine. A drop of bright red blood dripped onto her cheek.

The cheek felt hot.

Tracing it with my finger, pain shot through, and my finger was covered in sticky blood.

The other voice came from the ground slightly away from us. A man, hidden with cloth dyed in the color of dry soil, stood up explosively and discarded a crossbow and net-like object. He drew a sword from his waist.

Oh no.

That's what I thought, but Cherina and I were tangled together, not in a shape to escape. 

Helplessly, I could only embrace Cherina tightly, trying to protect her from the approaching man with a menacing look.

"Young lady!!"

The sound of metal clashing resounded intensely in my ears.

"Get out of the way, old man!"

"I'm not so old as to be called an old man!"

Two more strikes, three more strikes, and the echoes of swordplay continued.

"Ugh!" "Gah!" "Guh!"

The man uttered successive screams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test