22 January 2024

Shop 35.4

Test

Chapter 35.4. A Girl In Love In The Wilderness


Living with four people in a single room is cramped. Moreover, cooking in such a situation means utilizing every inch, even on the bed.

"Hagg, don't spill it."

The broad-shouldered Hagg moved onto the bed as soon as Yaralai entered, carrying a plate of tonkatsu. 

He was enjoying the tonkatsu with a fork seemingly conjured out of nowhere. 

He hadn't touched the rice, preferring to wash it down with alcohol. It seems to be a characteristic of dwarves.

Thanks to that, I didn't have to cook extra for Yaralai. I just prepared cabbage and fried tonkatsu.

The lemon I thought would go to waste seems to be used up too.

"You're working efficiently."

"Thanks, Yaralai. Don't you cook?"

"In camping, yes."

Ah, I see.

"What kind of dishes do you make?"

"If there are wild plants, soup. If there's game, meat, grilled."

"Wow, I can't handle game. That's impressive."

"It's not that difficult. Elves can all do it."

Quite an intriguing conversation. Dwarves are occasionally seen in town, but besides Yaralai, I've never seen an elf here. They must be rare.

"Alright, it's done. Don't complain even if it tastes bad."

"No problem, I'll take it."

He also pulled out a fork from somewhere. 

When I got served food at the tavern, I couldn't even get a spoon. Maybe bringing your own fork or spoon is the norm in this world. 

Yesterday, I just ate with my hands like normal.

"...! ...Akira."

Yaralai turns towards me with a slightly scary expression.

"W-What? Didn't the elf food suit your taste?"

He shakes his head.

"I thank Akira. This is the first time I've had such delicious food. I sincerely appreciate it."

"Y-Yeah."

Are there tears in his eyes?

No, it's just my imagination. I really want to believe that. 

I don't need tears from a macho elf.

"Well, if it suits your taste, that's good."

After that, he seemed to want to concentrate on savoring the food. 

He silently chewed each bite, holding back tears. Spare me.

By the way, Narnia was enthusiastically saying, "Delicious! Delicious! I can't stop!" repeatedly, enjoying her meal with a melting expression.

Despite her small mouth, her pace is faster than it looks.

After confirming that the three had finished eating, when I tried to wash the borrowed dishes, Narnia offered to do it. 

At first, I hesitated, but I accepted her kindness as a thank-you for the feast.

She washed not only the plates but also the frying pan, cutting board, and everything else, then carried them away with Hagg. 

The two got together because I asked Yaralai to stay behind because I had something to discuss with him.

"Hey, what exactly is Aerial Tools?"

"...Explanation... difficult."

Oh well.

"Um. How does Kugutsu Aerial Tools move with what kind of energy?"

"Energy?"

Huh? Is it not getting through?

It seemed to work with Cherina, but was that a misunderstanding?

"Um. How do Aerial Tools move with what kind of force?"

"Force of organisms."

"What is force?"

"Power of words."

Wow, I have no idea.

"Words...?"

"...For that, ask scholars, and researchers."

Seriously?

"...My daughter knows, but she's not here."

"You have a daughter?"

"Yes. But in Ryouken no Niwa."

I don't understand what Ryouken no Niwa is.

"Far away."

Well, as long as I know I can't meet her, that's enough.

"I see, nothing to be done. I'll ask someone else about it."

"Sorry, not good at Rijutsu."

"No, it's fine. Thank you."

"Then, sleep."

"Ah, good night."

Too bad I didn't learn anything about Aerial Tools. 

Just because it had "life" in it, it didn't seem to mean it was drawing energy from the outside. It's not confirmed, though.

After a while, Narnia washed the tools and brought them back, so I thanked her.

I realized I had forgotten to give her a candy before she left the room.

Maybe it's not early-onset dementia.

I'm reporting to the god before sleeping.

Tonkatsu is universally delicious.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test