12 January 2024

Shop 28.1

Test

Chapter 28.1. Antenna Shop In The Wilderness


"Really, there's nothing here..."

I was shown a list of things that can be obtained or made in this country, but they fit on a single wooden board.

"Yes... The main source of income in this country is salt. It is transported in large quantities by carriage due to the inland demand. However, salt merchants have drastically decreased, and money is flowing out of the country. So, additional taxes are imposed, creating a vicious cycle."

"A negative spiral, huh?"

Even so, most of the materials handed to me were on wooden boards and took up space.

"Hey, is it normal to leave things written on wooden boards?"

Cherina had a puzzled expression as if she didn't understand the question's meaning.

"I think it's normal. Is there anything other than parchment or wooden boards?"

"No paper?"

"Paper?"

Seems like she didn't get it. If even the mysterious translator doesn't get it. Either it doesn't exist, or she doesn't know.

"I remember there's plenty of wood around here."

"Yes. We import a large quantity from the upstream forest... However,"

"Is there a problem?"

"Wood that has absorbed water needs to be dried for about a year, but in this country's climate, most wood tends to crack. Even if it cracks, it can get used for construction materials to some extent, but there is a lot of waste. The waste is often used as firewood. Which is appreciated by the common people."

Hmm, there should be quite a bit of scrap wood.

"Wait a moment."

I closed my eyes and tried to visualize a complete set of equipment for making Japanese paper. However, there was a shortage of divine power.

Next, I visualized the blueprint for a complete set of Japanese paper production equipment that could be created in this world, written in the language of this country. 

Is it too convenient?

-In deliberation...

...

...-

Taking a long time.

Is it not working?

-Approval granted. SHOP's products have increased-

Oh! It worked!

-Complete Guide to Japanese Papermaking = 296,000 yen-

Expensive! Much more than I imagined!

Now, what should I do?

"Akira-sama? How did it go?"

"Just a bit more, wait."

"Yes. Understood."

This is a moment to think. Will Cherina invest in something that may or may not become a product? 

She seems to trust me. So she might nod without hesitation.

Wait a minute, can't I buy this myself? 

Even if I couldn't use it at Veliero Trading Company, it seems like an interesting book that could be used elsewhere. Alright, a man needs courage. 

My remaining funds are 1,082,915 yen. 

The book I took out exceeded my expectations. 

First of all, it's luxurious. It has a thick cover reinforced with metal and even comes with a key. 

Furthermore, the inside is amazing. 

It's fully colored and thoroughly illustrated for easy understanding. 

The first half is at the level even elementary school students can read, and the second half includes instructions for mass production using bleaching agents and rollers, with an unbelievably dense amount of information. 

Especially the blueprints and explanations in the latter half seem to be at a level where it's doubtful whether they can be produced in this world. Even I don't understand it. 

Since the book was heavy, I put it on the table and read it diagonally. Cherina, who had been peering in from the front, was breathing heavily with each page, seemingly oblivious to it herself. 

It's probably because of the book's content. 

"I'll show you again later, but can this initial blueprint be produced?"

I asked while showing the drawings from Chapter 2. 

The first chapter mainly covered basic knowledge of the paper. 

The practical part starts from Chapter 2.

"It's possible."

"A quick answer."

"I have never seen such an easy-to-understand blueprint. 

It's clear down to the details, and the colored illustrations make it look like the real thing gets enclosed in it. 

Not to mention, there are also simplified diagrams that eliminate waste. 

If our artisans can't make this, they'll immediately get dismissed."

"That's reassuring. Can you handle the materials and preparations up to Chapter 1?"

"There is nothing impossible for our trading company. However, I can't quite imagine the finished product, so perhaps parchment paper would be fine."

"Paper is useful, incredibly useful. I guarantee it. The raw material can be managed with wood, and above all, it can be produced in large quantities."

Even now, it might get approved for copier paper, but it's better to produce it in this country if possible. 

I won't be in this country permanently.

"If Akira-sama says so, it must be useful. We will make it right away. May I keep this book in our possession?"

"Hmm, can you ensure that artisans won't be able to see past this page?"

I don't want to disclose all the information at once.

"Understood. I will assign staff to watch over it. I will temporarily bind the pages beyond Chapter 1 with leather strings."

"Oh, paper is made like that, one page at a time."

There's a clear example.

"Is this paper? It's incredibly thin. I thought it might be the work of the gods."

It wouldn't be possible to make it that thin from the beginning. 

It should become thinner as the skill level of the artisan increases. 

Paper is an incredibly useful thing for gathering and organizing characters.

"You can make this... This might be amazing."

It seems she understood a little.

"In that case, how much is the compensation for this technology?"

"Huh?"

Compensation...?

Ah, just like with the aerial tool. Are they going to buy the idea from me?

"I only provided the idea as an advisor. Don't worry about it."

I'd like to recover at least the cost of the book, but Cherina probably won't deceive me. 

When I nodded, she turned her face to the corridor.

"Melvin!"

"Yes."

Whether he was listening from outside the door or not, Cherina called, and her aide immediately entered.

So his name is Melvin.

"Gather the executives of the technical department immediately. Within 10 minutes."

"Huh? 10 minutes? Whom should I call from the technical department?"

"All of them. No tardiness allowed."

"All of them?! What in the world are we starting?!"

Cherina glared at Melvin with a cold stare.

"Are you asking me twice?"

"S-Sorry! I'll do it right away!"

Melvin rushed out and started giving instructions to his subordinates one after another. 

I went out to the lobby and saw the young boys scattering outside with all their might. 

Do your best.

――――

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test