29 January 2024

Seeker 283

Test

Chapter 283. Limit Breaker Adventurers


The group of adventurers who took on the raid quest set sail from the port town of Baren a little while later. 

Among the three departing parties, totaling eleven adventurers, we were naturally among them. 

Currently, we were advancing on the highway leading to our destination, the town of Beltrint.

The highways connecting one settlement to another were often carved through forests. 

This road was no exception, with countless trees lining both sides, creating an unremarkable landscape as the group proceeded toward their destination.

During the journey.

"Hey, all-black girl, you better be friendly to me now. Your current partner will become a pitiful loser by the end of this quest." 

Gelzer frequently addressed Kazane. This is despite me being right next to him.

Kazane's response to Gelzer was akin to dealing with a pest. 

"I've said it many times, but don't talk to me without a reason. Just hearing your voice is unpleasant."

"I have a reason. I want to get along with you. Understand?"

"In that case, it's even more reason not to talk to me. I find it unpleasant, as I've mentioned."

"You're so cold. But it would be wise to sway my way while I'm being lenient. Otherwise, I might forcibly make you mine before you know it."

"Is that a threat? You're such scum. And do you realize it's a mutual feeling?"

"Kukuku. Don't forget there are only eleven of us here. If the remaining ones collaborate, whatever happens will stay in the shadows."

"It's still a threat, isn't it? And do you understand it goes both ways?"

"Kukuku, you're a tough one. Do you intend to challenge me? Be aware, your strength won't be enough."

"Shall we test it? My patience is running thin."

Kazane glared sharply at Gelzer and reached for the short dagger at her waist. 

Gelzer, as if joking, raised both hands and stepped back. 

"Oh, scary. Trying to beat me, a guy like me? It's frightening not to know one's limits."

Saying that, Gelzer distanced himself. Upon returning to the party members, a woman equipped with a bow approached him, saying, "Hey, Gelzer, leave that little girl alone," and so on.

Meanwhile, Kazane, relieved, sighed and said, "Thanks." When I greeted her with "Good job," she responded with, "Really. Daichi-kun, heal me~" and clung to me.

Initially, when Gelzer bothered us, I intervened, but later, Kazane took matters into her own hands.

"It's okay, Daichi-kun. Thanks, I'll handle it myself." 

Kazane's attitude towards Gelzer was undeniably hostile, but Gelzer didn't seem discouraged. His resilience was commendable, or perhaps he was just incredibly mistaken.

After driving away Gelzer, Kazane would cling to me like a routine event. She would say, "Daichi-kun, replenish me with your essence," and bury her face in my chest, tightly hugging me with the arms around my back. 

Of course, without hesitation, I would embrace Kazane in return. As usual, we displayed our foolish couple behavior in front of the other adventurers without any sense of shame.

Maybe it's not just Gelzer who lacks common sense. The party that might be suffering the most is probably the third party of adventurers.

By the way, the third party seemed to be a relatively normal four-person party. 

Three male adventurers and one female adventurer. They all appear quite young, around our age or slightly older. 

There wasn't much else notable about them, except that they seemed to be a sensible adventurer party without a thug-like appearance.

Eventually, Kazane, seemingly satisfied, released herself from my embrace. 

The displeasure she had shown earlier had now transformed into a blissful expression. 

Yuzuki, who had been observing from afar with a mini Griffin perched on her hat, approached us with quick steps.

"By the way, Kazane-san, it must be tough. Dealing with such a shitty guy."

"Not happy at all. I want Daichi-kun to be the only one to bother me. But didn't Hotaru-chan get bothered too?"

"Only during guild times for us. Kazane-san, being so conspicuous, acts as a breakwater in the vanguard. Maybe it's because of her beauty as well."

"Huh...? Hyan!"

Boing, boing.

Yuzuki, who had circled behind Kazane, began fondling her twin hills with both hands.

"Woah, ah, nngh...! H-Hotaru-chan, stop...!"

"Even from above the black outfit, you can feel this softness, elasticity, and weight. No wonder the guys are drawn to you── Ouch!"

"Haah, haah... Please, stop that! I've told you many times to save such things for when it's just the three of us."

"Uu, got another bump on my head..."

Before Yuzuki's head collided with Kazane, the Griffin leaped off her head and flew towards me, demonstrating our familiar's exceptional crisis detection ability.

Also, Kazane, you might want to tell your drunk self the same thing when you've had a bit too much to drink.

While engaging in such foolishness, a young man approached us, clearing his throat to get our attention. 

Seemingly the leader of the third party of adventurers, he motioned me over.

Oh, right, maybe we should have been warned, too. 

It wouldn't hurt to warn Gelzer and the others, right?... 

But the young man signaled me as he glanced at Gelzer's group. He spoke in a low voice.

"Hey, you better not anger that guy Gelzer too much. He's dangerous. It might be too late already, but I thought I'd give you a heads-up."

"What do you mean by dangerous? Is he rude and violent?"

"That's part of it, but the real issue lies elsewhere. Listen, pay close attention. Gelzer is... Well, listen carefully. Gelzer is a Limit Breaker'."

"...Huh."

I gave a nonchalant response. I had suspected as much.

The young man seemed puzzled because my reaction was different from what he expected. 

"Wait, 'huh'? Do you even understand what that means? He's surpassed level 25. You guys, as adventurers taking on a raid quest, have surely gained enough experience, but his level is fundamentally different."

"Um... Thanks for your concern, but we'll be fine."

"Huh...? Hey, did you even understand what I said? You know, we're not planning to lend a hand to you guys. We're doing our best to avoid any fallout ourselves. If we had known Gelzer would be joining, we wouldn't have accepted this raid quest."

It seemed he was genuinely worried about us. Ugh, what a nice guy.

"Really, we appreciate your concern. Please worry about the fallout on your end."

"Ugh, didn't you understand what I said? I warned you, but I don't want to get involved. If something happens, I won't know about it. We wouldn't have taken on this raid quest if we knew Gelzer would be joining."

Once again, it appeared that he was genuinely worried. 

Ugh, he's such a good person.

"Thank you for your concern."

I bowed my head to the young man. 

He scratched his head, showing a troubled expression.

But perhaps giving up, or maybe remembering something, he raised his finger again.

"Oh, right, one more thing."

"Yes, what is it?"

"That... could you guys maybe refrain from showing too much affection in public? It's a bit unpleasant to witness."

"Oh, yes, we're really sorry about that."

This time, I apologized sincerely by bowing my head. He couldn't say anything in response.

After all that, we continued our journey on the highway for about half a day. 

The party of 11 adventurers who accepted the raid quest finally arrived at our destination. 

The Bertrind town, where their mission to defeat monsters awaited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test