29 January 2024

Musou Slime 37

Test

37. Threat Of The Undead [SIDE - Dan]


When I realized it, I was standing in the middle of the forest. My clothes were tattered, and I had nothing on my feet.

Familiar trees surrounded me. It was a forest area, and quite deep at that, judging by the well-known scenery illuminated by the moonlight.

Had I been dragged here by that Giant Spriggan after I died? Or perhaps, did someone who harbored resentment towards me dump my corpse here? Either way, it's not a pleasant way to go.

Now, should I return to Orteze? But before that.

"It seems like things have gotten complicated."

"Grrrr..."

In the thicket, I could see something sparkling. It was arranged in a row, accompanied by growls.

Bloody Wolves. Monster wolves that hunt in packs.

In my past life, taking down one of them would have been easy. However, my current situation clearly indicated that I was surrounded.

Moreover, there was no guarantee that my revived abilities were the same as before I died. This was troublesome.

――

Dan Orteze, 0 years old, Male

Level 0

Skills

<Undead>

[Night Parade of a Hundred Demons]... Turns the dead into undead monsters and commands them.

[Dance of Death]... Unleashes abilities based on the number of undead monsters within a 1-kilometer radius.

0: <Ghost Hand>... Deals significant damage to one enemy.

――

Looking at my status, I noticed a new entry.

The 0 likely represented the number of undead monsters.

In other words, my current ability was limited to this technique called Ghost Hand.

"Grraa!!"

A Bloody Wolf leaped at me. Fast. Even if I tried to escape now, it would catch up quickly.

"<Ghost Hand>"

As I declared, a giant, pale-blue skeletal hand extended from my palm, crushing the body of the Bloody Wolf.

"Ugh!?"

With the sound of bones shattering, the Bloody Wolf met its demise. The pale-blue hand gradually thinned and disappeared.

"Woooaah..."

In the next moment, the supposedly dead Bloody Wolf staggered to its feet.

I see, this must be the effect of [Night Parade of a Hundred Demons]. The first servant is in the bag.

"Now, go for it!"

"Grraaghh!!"

Making a sound like a dying chicken, the undead Bloody Wolf bit into the throat of its companion.

Due to the sudden turn of events, the other wolves couldn't move. Meanwhile, the undead continued to multiply.

"Hahaha! Excellent! The perfect skill befitting me!"

"Gogogogog..."

That was the moment. I felt a gust of wind in the forest.

The ground trembled. Could it be?

"Goooooo!!"

As expected. Emerging from the depths of the forest was the Giant Spriggan. The loathed target of my revenge.

"Do it! Wolves!!"

The undead wolves charged toward the Giant Spriggan. I immediately opened my status.

――

Dan Orteze, 0 years old, Male

Level 0

Skills

<Undead>

[Night Parade of a Hundred Demons]... Turns the dead into undead monsters and commands them.

[Dance of Death]... Unleashes abilities based on the number of undead monsters within a 1-kilometer radius.

0: <Ghost Hand>... Deals significant damage to one enemy.

8: <Devil's Chains>... Restrains one enemy.

――

Wonderful. I needed a skill to immobilize them just right now.

Despite having the strongest skill, facing the Giant Spriggan with just eight wolves was unfavorable.

"<Devil's Chains>!!"

As I declared, purple chains appeared from the ground and the sky, binding the Giant Spriggan's colossal body.

"Gooooooo!!"

Are you trying to escape? There's no way. I wanted to kill you more than anyone else.

"...As expected."

Running ahead, I found what I was looking for and grinned.

What I found was a mass of human corpses turned into skeletons.

This forest was deep, making it a convenient place to discard unwanted humans after killing them.

What I thought of was already being considered by someone else. These corpses were the end result of humans deemed unnecessary in the world.

"Now, rise! For my sake, kill that Giant Spriggan!"

Purple smoke rose, and the skeletons began to rise.

As a human named me, I was giving meaning to those once deemed "unnecessary" by the world. It was a splendid thing.

Indeed, I was the one who should rule this world. With <Undead>, I would create a world where everything goes according to my wishes.

"Hahaha! Hahahaha!"

Once I thought of that, the laughter didn't stop. The marching skeleton soldiers headed towards the Giant Spriggan.

After dealing with that behemoth, the next stop: the town of Orteze.

The ones I want to kill next are Arx and Raize. I won't forgive those two. They rejected my helping hand.

Everything is their fault. Those two are unnecessary in the world I'm going to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test