23 January 2024

Musou Slime 33

Test

33. I Became Friends With The Guardian Of The Forest


[Thank you. I'll definitely solve this issue.]

[It's not necessarily a bad thing for humans to harness the power of nature. However, it becomes a problem when it's excessive. As long as that is corrected, there's no issue.]

[Understood. By the way, is it also forbidden to defeat monsters?]"

[That, too, is not a problem as long as it's not overly excessive. We, too, kill humans. It's the balance of nature.]

Truly a Guardian of the Forest. Their mindset harmonizes with nature.

[Arx, I'm really glad I could talk to you. If things had continued as they were, I would have destroyed this town completely. Even though it's the balance of nature, it would have pained my heart.]

[I feel the same way. Talking to Raucheisen was a good thing. If not, I might have engaged in a reckless battle.]

[Hahaha, want to give it a try?]

[... It's not a joke.]

I'm confident I'd be crushed in 1 second if I were to fight Raucheisen.

[I've taken a liking to you. Let's do this.]

Saying that, Raucheisen reached into the hollow part of its head and handed me a beautiful crystal-like sphere about 30 centimeters in diameter.

It had a honey-like color, similar to the hue coming out of a tree trunk. Is it called amber?

[What's this?]

[Magic Power Orb. If the owner wishes, it can once raise their magic power limit. It's unnecessary for me.]

[Is it okay for me to receive something so amazing? But I don't have any talent for magic.

[No, that's impossible. Magic should be accessible to everyone. Even without much talent, with this item, you can use magic.]

Really? I remember being told by a teacher when I was little that I had no talent, and I've lived believing that ever since.

Can I use magic too? If I can, I might want to give it a try.

[Well, it's about time to return to the forest. It was enjoyable, Arx. Let's meet again.]

[Yes, let's meet again. And, can I call you Rauche when we meet next time?]

[Rauche?]

[It's Raucheisen's nickname. A nickname is something friends call each other, right?]

[Friends... What a wonderful sound. It seems we can become good friends, Arx.]

I put the jewel I received from Laufha into the inventory with <Store> and returned to human form.

"See you, Raucheisen!"

"Gogogogogo..."

It sounded like a rumble, but it felt like a farewell to me.

They were a good person. Talking really made things clear.

"Arx!"

At that moment, someone called my name, and someone headbutted me in the back. It was Raize.

"What are you doing!? You'll get hurt!!"

"I told you not to run off and try to solve everything on your own! I was worried!!"

I don't know if they're angry or worried.

"So, what happened?"

"I got it to withdraw on the condition of stopping the Orteze family's deforestation. This incident can't be left ambiguous, and it should improve."

Any authority is practically nonexistent in front of Rauche. If adventurers appeal to them, they should definitely stop.

Well, it's settled. As Rauche suggested, I should try using magic. Raize seems good at teaching—

"Uooooooo!!"

At that moment, a beast-like scream echoed from the town. At the same time, something passed by me.

"What was that!?"

I turned around in a hurry, and someone was running toward Laufha. It was Dan.

"Take this!!"

He threw a slightly larger stone at Rauche's back. It made a thud, and the stone fell to the ground.

"Hey, you weak monster!! Did you run away scared of a Slime!? You're big but totally useless!!"

"Cut it out!"

Dan seemed ecstatic, laughing with blood flowing from his head.

"I'm more capable than you'll ever be!! In other words, you're a piece of cake!!"

Dan clenched his fist and jumped at Rauche. When Rauche noticed, it turned around.

"Hahaha!! This is the en—"

The next moment, Dan got crushed by Rauche's giant fist. Like a human crushing a mosquito.

"...Gogogogo"

After murmuring lonely words, Rauche walked away from the town.

Silence dominated the town. We were mesmerized by the extremely intense scene.

Dan was dead. Crushed by the giant fist, he met a pitiful end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test