05 January 2024

Musou Slime 21

Test

21. Counterattack


"Ah, is that so? If that's what you want, I'll gladly kill you!"

Dan tightly clenched his fist and raised it in anger.

He lost in the previous fight. But since then, I've become stronger. I'll definitely win this time!

"Appraisal Slime!"

"Kyukyu, kyukyu!"

First, activate the Slime's <Appraisal> skill to grasp Dan's strength. Ideally, I want to know his weaknesses too!

"What kind of power is that you've got!!"

Dan, seeing the Appraisal Slime for the first time, is surprised, but he doesn't stop his attacks.


――

Target: Dan Orteze Level 12

Searching for weak points.

Analysis in progress. Analysis complete.

Weak points found. Sharing perspective.

――


After completing the analysis, I had one question.

I had heard Dan's level was 40, but it indeed sounded like Level 12.

Is there a mistake? 

Well, thinking about it, I've never seen Dan fight monsters worthy of an S-rank quest.

Maybe he was just spouting nonsense. It's a possibility.

"Die, you slime bastard!!"

A flashy right straight. However, for me, now at Level 17, such a move is not to be feared.

The weak points revealed by <Appraisal> were mostly human vital points. However, I found one exception.

It's Dan's weakness that I've known for a long time. 

Until now, I couldn't exploit it despite being aware.

But now it's different!

"What!?"

Dodging the straight with ease, Dan let out a surprised voice. 

Never did he expect the small fry he had looked down upon to evade his attack, let alone counter it!

After Dan's punch motion, a significant opening appeared. 

Seizing the opportunity, I closed the distance.

"This is the true strength of the weak you belittled!"

A fist is embedded in the abdomen. Dan gasped, swallowing the contents of his stomach.

Critical hit. Dan's body floated in the air, then rolled on the ground.

For the first time, I brought Dan to his knees. 

It's working. For me now, he's not much of a threat!

"Lies... not only did you dodge Dan's attack, but you countered!?"

Surprisingly, it was Raize who let out that voice.

After Dan breathed heavily, he glared at me.

"A fluke hit doesn't make you cocky!!"

Dan howled like a wolf and charged with beast-like ferocity.

Naturally, his movement accuracy was worse than before. 

I found an opening without even using <Appraisal>.

"Uoooh!"

"There!"

A roundhouse kick to Dan's face as he lunged. 

It solidly connected with his side, sending him flying backward.

"Ga...haa!"

Dan rolled on the ground like a rolled-up rug. His glossy golden hair was now covered in sand, and a chipped front tooth from the previous kick.

"What's wrong? Is it over already?"

Dan knelt on the ground, breathing heavily. Staring at me, he uttered.

"Hey, Raize! What are you doing?! Kill that guy!"

It's honestly my immediate reaction. 

Observing Raize's demeanor makes it clear she won't follow Dan's orders.

"I'm the leader of your party! It's natural to obey the leader's command! Besides, you're a woman, right?! If you flatter me, you can live an easy life forever!"

Unbelievable reasoning. I can't understand someone earnestly saying such things.

But that's Dan. He looks down on the weak, exploits them, and indulges in their suffering.

Whether his noble origin made him like this or he was always like that, I don't know.

Regardless, Dan is looking down on Raize, attempting to use his power to control her. 

Last time, he shielded himself from party members.

He's genuinely scum.

Then I realized. I was reaching for the hilt of my sword. 

I was about to cut down the evil person in front of me.

"R-Remember this!"

Dan spat out a textbook-like parting remark and ran away from us. 

I just stared at the scene in bewilderment.

"Right! Raize, are you injured?"

Collecting myself, I reached out to Raize, who was crouched on the ground. 

She extended her hand to me for a moment but quickly withdrew it, standing up on her own.

"I didn't ask for help. Besides, is it okay?"

"What?"

"Dan is the son of the lord of this town. Hitting him means who knows what kind of revenge awaits us."

Come to think of it, it's true. Considering Dan, he might do something nasty again.

"But, it's fine. More than that, I didn't want to overlook Raize getting hit."

"...Oh, okay."

After looking surprised, Raize turned her back on me and walked away. Still as cold as ever.

"...Thanks."

"Huh? Did you say something?"

"It's nothing!"

After mumbling something, Raize said something and then walked away angrily. 

What was that all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test