01 January 2024

Musou Slime 15

Test

15. Evolved Skills


I hurriedly read through the contents of the skill. 

As I did, little by little, the meaning became clear to me. 

Until now, I had been increasing the number of slimes to 16 by [Mimic] myself as a slime and [Split].

However, [Slime Tamer] is different. Nowhere does it say that I have to become a slime? 

"Could it be that, until now, I couldn't reach 16 unless I became a slime, but now I can summon slimes even in my human state!?"

I tentatively reached that conclusion. If that's the case, this ability is a significant advancement. 

Until now, I had been fighting in a weak slime state considering experience points, but from now on, I can fight in human form without worrying about such things.

The moment I realized that, a sense of exhilaration surged through my whole body. 

"Wait, wait, I might be jumping to conclusions."

The proof of the pudding is in the eating. 

I have to try if I can really summon slimes while remaining in human form.

"Come out! Slimes!"

The moment I declared that, as if the sand castle were playing in reverse, light particles formed slimes at my feet.

In a matter of seconds, 15 slimes appeared around me.

—Success.

"All right! All right!"

I couldn't stop making a triumphant pose out of joy. 

The slimes at my feet chirped happily, sharing the joy with me.

I didn't notice it when I was a slime, but slimes are cute when you look closely!

By the way, I wonder if I still have the power to become a slime. Here goes!

"I did it!"

I can apparently become a slime too.

The next question is whether the experience point efficiency boost applies to [Slime Tamer].

If the efficiency boost is still deactivated, it would be a huge disappointment. I can't relax just yet.

"Grrrr...!!"

At that moment, 4 werewolves walked towards me from the end of the road. 

Are they companions of the one I defeated earlier?

Suddenly, 4 seem tough, but surprisingly, it's not that difficult. Werewolves are strong enough to be defeated by slimes!

"Just right! Let's try it out with those monsters first!"

"Kyuu!"

The slime army I lead and the werewolf army collided head-on as they ran at each other. 

The curtain of battle was dropped.

"Ha!"

Swinging the sword I bought from Irina, I swiftly brought it down towards the werewolf's shoulder.

"Gaaargh!!"

The werewolf's arm danced in the air and fell to the ground. It seems to have taken quite a bit of damage.

I was a bit anxious, but the weapon made by Irina seems to be a really good item. 

It's light yet has a sharp edge and power.

Thank you, Irina, I thought inwardly, and her reply, 'You're welcome!' echoed as a hallucination in my mind.

"Kyukyu!"

The slimes skillfully dodged the werewolf's attacks and tackled them, causing them to lose their balance.

The werewolves were all focused on the slimes. That means there are openings.

"There!"

Seizing the timing, I swung the sword horizontally. 

The blade passed through smoothly, and the werewolf's torso got torn in two.

"Wooohooo!"

After defeating one monster, a combo. 

The werewolf couldn't keep up with my attacks as I swung the sword, bouncing off the ground like a water-cutting stone.

It was a momentary opportunity. 

The remaining 3 werewolves also got defeated by my attacks without a moment's delay.

"Kyuu Kyuu!"

The slimes rejoiced at the victory. 

I sheathed the sword at my waist and took a breath.


――

You have reached level 13.

――


And the results of the verification are in.

It seems that the evolution of the skill has not affected the efficiency of experience points. 

Now, I can focus on leveling up with peace of mind.

I stripped the fur from the werewolf and left the area. 

The dungeon, true to its name, was a maze with narrow and wide passages, dead ends, and variations in width. 

The most notable feature was its periodic changes in structure.

Thanks to this, adventurers were constantly challenged by the maze every time they entered the dungeon. 

However, in my case, it was not much of a challenge.

I released 15 slimes throughout the entire dungeon. 

I instructed them to report if they found a staircase leading to the second floor. 

This type of work had been highly valued even in my previous party. 

Having the 'eyes' of slimes was convenient for situational awareness.

The difference now is that I can move in my human form. 

This way, I won't accidentally get crushed.

"Pigiiii!!"

Oh, a message from one of the clones. 

That squeal should be a signal that it found the staircase.

Checking the shared vision of the corresponding slime, there indeed was a staircase in front of it. Well done.

"All right, everyone head towards the staircase..."

"Kishaaaa!!"

A bat-like monster appeared in front of me. 

It seems it's not willing to let us pass easily.

I'll defeat every encountered monster, level up rapidly, and aim to reach the fourth floor today if possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test