11 January 2024

Introverted Archer 20

Test

20. Rational Golden!


"Wait... could it be the one from earlier!?"

"I can't be certain, but... it's a competition. Who can defeat that thing first!"

For the sake of my rationality, for Mirei, for her dreams.

This match, I can't afford to lose!

"Not bad. I'll take you on! However, if you lose..."

Mirei points at me sharply.

"Join me on the next Golem subjugation!"

Golem subjugation. Is she talking about the livestream?

Honestly, it's not very appealing. Golems can be taken down with arrow shots, and Archers in the team are usually pushed to the front for scouting.

"Isn't Archer unsuitable for Golem subjugation?"

"Eimu is an exception... Besides, it's not just about Golems. I have a feeling that with you. We can go to even more amazing places! That's why I want to stream with Eimu!"

She's saying something quite nice.

But I can't afford to lose either.

"Well then, what will you do if I win?"

"I'll do anything, even go on a date with you!"

"I see. Since exams are coming up, let's do it after they're over."

As I declare this, I release an arrow.

The arrow changes trajectory, heading straight for the Golden Slime.

"Kyuh!?"

As the arrow approaches, the Golden Slime starts to flee like a rabbit.

And then, it jumps and bounces, avoiding the arrow's strike.

"It dodged the arrow!?"

This has never happened before. Is the blessing of 'Sure Hit' not working!?

No, that's not it. The arrow is still pursuing the Golden Slime.

Could it be evading on purpose!? Its movements are too fast!

"Come up here, Eimu. Let's have a serious match."

Mirei smiles and starts running towards the Golden Slime.

I can't just stay here! We chased after the Golden Slime. There might be a level difference, but we both give it our all.

I found that time enjoyable. Surely, Mirei feels the same.

"Haa!"

However, as the voice rises, that time comes to an end.

I crushed the Golden Slime.


――

You have reached level 15.

Acquired the skill <Arrow Enhancement>.

――


As expected, it's the amount of experience points as rumored. My level has gone up again.

"Huff, huff... I'm tired... totally defeated."

Mirei lies down on the spot, breathing heavily.

"Not really. I was in danger too, just now."

"You're still lying. Unlike me, you weren't chasing normally. You used arrows to lure the monster away, right?"

She figured it out.

Well, getting interfered with by monsters during tag isn't rational.

"Can you stand?"

As I reach out to Mirei, she grabs my hand.

It's cold. And her hand is small and soft.

"It's frustrating, but I'll give up inviting you to the stream. A deal is a deal."

"I don't like Golem subjugation... but personally, I'll join you for dungeon conquest."

I can sense that Mirei is genuinely working hard as a streamer. So, I want to help her a little.

That might be more rational, as she'll surely be grateful when she becomes popular, right? Yeah, that's probably it.

"Is that okay!? Then, I won't give up on Eimu yet!"

"Do as you please. Just be careful. We'll be on the 5th floor soon."

After that, it took us about 5 minutes to defeat the targeted monster and return to the surface.

"Whoa!?"

Using an item allowed us to return to the surface instantly.

However, it was like a forced teleportation, and I collapsed on the ground.

...Then, someone fell on top of me. I didn't need time to think; I knew what was happening.

"Ouch... Oh, Eimu. Did you become my cushion?"

"No. You just fell on your own."

"Either way is fine. I'm okay like this, what about you?"

For some reason, I energetically push Mirei aside and stand up.

There, there was...

"Eimu-kun, you've become friends with Mirai-chan, huh..."

Hina, who sends a cold gaze, was there.

"Hina, are you okay? I'm glad!"

"I was worried. I explored various routes to help. But it seems like it was unnecessary."

Hmm, Hina's words seem to have a bit of a prick.

And she looks in a bad mood. Maybe because we took longer to return?

"Hey, Eimu. Are you dating that girl?"

At that moment, Mirei, who had stood up, asked.

"Eimu-kun, which one is it!?"

"Which one is it? Is that a question I can answer instantly!? We're not dating!"

"Hmm, is that so?"

Mirei grins. In the next moment, she clings to my arm.

"I've decided to pursue Eimu from now on. Nice to meet you!"

"No, what do you mean nice to meet you!?"

After that, it was quite a struggle to release Mirei from my arm and restore Hina's mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test