11 January 2024

Introverted Archer 19

Test

19. Rational Adventure!


"What do you mean by testing rationality?" 

As we defeated monsters and progressed to the 3rd floor, Mirei asked.

"It's simple. If life were a game, I'd want to conquer it using rational methods. Utilize the given weapons to the fullest and become the strongest."

"Well, it sounds cool, but... Is that a strategy you've adopted now? Not that it matters, though."

While I casually shot arrows while walking, Mirei mumbled something.

"Hey, we're on the 3rd floor now, right? Let me fight monsters too."

As she was about to draw her bow, Mirei gently grabbed my arm. 

"What's wrong? If I get into danger, you'll have to go back to the first layer, you know?"

"I already know that Eimu is strong, but that's not the point. More importantly, I want to fight monsters too!"

Mirei said and unsheathed the dual swords at her waist.

Sparks flew from the sword in her right hand, and a white icy aura emanated from the one in her left.

It was the weapon she used in the stream. She was a Magic Soldier, proficient in a versatile combat style that involved both swords and magic.

"Earlier, you were so focused on the Golden Slime, and now you suddenly want to fight. Mirei, you really seem to enjoy battling."

"Enjoy... It's a bit different. I'm feeling impatient."

"What do you mean by impatient?"

"Have you seen my stream? I couldn't reach the Golem last time. It's frustrating. I need to get stronger!"

Saying that, Mirei began swinging her sword as a warm-up.

Her movements were light, and her body's actions were smooth, but there was strength in her hands.

"The reason for the failure of the previous plan is clear. I got injured. If I were a bit stronger, I could have defeated the opponent. I don't want to disappoint everyone anymore."

"The members were all understanding, and the comments were full of encouragement, weren't they?"

"But not everyone felt that way. And I was most disappointed in myself. I don't want to experience that kind of feeling again."

She's quite determined. It's more evident that she's serious about being a streamer than when I watched her videos.

"Then, you should fight that guy."

I pointed forward. Floating there was something like a giant eye with bloodshot red eyes.

It's called Gazer, a monster. As soon as it confirmed our presence, it rapidly approached.

"I'm not going to help, just so you know."

"Fine!"

Mirei kicked the ground strongly, jumped, and attacked the Gazer.

"Haaaaaaa!"

A blade swung vigorously. However...

"Kieeeee!"

In an instant, as the Gazer focused its gaze, a fireball appeared in front of it and was launched at Mirei.

"...It's fast!"

Mirei managed to deflect the fireball with a slash, but she couldn't completely nullify the impact and collided with the wall.

"Still... it hurts!"

As she tried to get up, Mirei held her shoulder.

It's the injury she got in the previous conquest. 

It hasn't been that long, and it's not the kind that heals quickly.

"This wound... it's nothing serious!"

Mirei ran towards the Gazer again. The Gazer released fireballs one after another, but Mirei dodged them.

"<Icicle Flame>!"

It's a slash of flames and ice emitted from the dual swords. It tore the Gazer apart in a cross.

"Phew, I'm tired from fighting a tough opponent after a long time... I give up."

"That was a good fight. I didn't even get a chance to join in."

"...Liar. Did you think I wouldn't notice? There were 3 Gazers."

She found out.

"You took care of the other two so I could fight one-on-one. Don't pretend you had no chance to join in. It's a bit annoying but thanks."

Mirei thanked me, blushing unexpectedly.

She used to be unpleasant until recently, but she has a cute side. 

Well, in terms of looks, she's undeniably cute.

In the comments of her stream, there are quite a few praising her appearance. She's probably popular with both men and women.

"Don't stare so much. Pervert."

"Yeah, yeah. I was just spacing out. More importantly, I won't go easy on you either."

I pointed where the <Observer> captured the image of another monster.

"Huh, is that...?"

The size of a small animal, with a golden body.

It's the Golden Slime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test