26 January 2024

Earth Dungeon 131.2

Test

Chapter 131.2. Rematch


The ordinary ones pose no problem. The only issue is the one with the blaster. Squinting, I advance, smirking.

[So, it was that guy.]

A zombie with an unnaturally swollen right arm slowly approaches, illuminated by the flashlight. The elongated arm, merging with what seems like a gun, is covered in dark flesh, veins, and cables intertwined, pulsating with a sickly rhythm. The fusion of machinery and flesh is honestly disturbing. That must be the blaster.

The right arm fused with the gun is too heavy, making it difficult to walk. Covered in black crystal-like scabs, the body has become grotesque. It walks unsteadily, facing us with lifeless white eyes, aiming the blaster in our direction.

[If you can see, it's mine.]

I aim the muzzle of the automatic rifle at the zombie's head and pull the trigger. With a dry sound, the creature, probably the remains of a man named Saijou, collapses to the floor.

[Did it work? He was weak if he could see.]

If not ambushed, it should be manageable. The surrounding crystal zombies have also been exterminated by the Armed Shadow Tiger. So it was an easy task once we knew how to deal with them.

[Ah! I accidentally said something I shouldn't have, didn't I, Sakimori-san?!]

[Huh? Did you say something?]

Shizuku shouts excitedly with a somewhat happy expression. What's going on? I shouldn't have said anything weird.

[Tempura! Freshly fried, I love tempura kisses!]

I understand what she's trying to say. It's a cliché. I've heard that line somewhere, but this is reality.

I sigh as I try to reassure her.

Because the fallen zombie with the blaster is trying to get up. A shot to the head with a military rifle. Despite being crushed and severely damaged, the crystal starts covering it, mending the missing parts with a cracking sound.

The torso is similarly covered in crystal, and muscles tear apart and enlarge, transforming into a giant figure, a monstrous amalgamation of flesh and crystal. 

[Seriously?]

I pull the trigger of the automatic rifle, unleashing a storm of bullets on the monster. However, the sound of bullets bouncing off a hard surface and the rifle rounds being deflected suggest that it's not taking any damage. Watching, the crystal covers the enlarged body like armor, transforming it into a four-meter-tall, pitch-black golem with a blaster attached to its right arm.

The monstrous creature, now towering up to the ceiling, glares at me with crystal-covered eyes. Human-like skin is gone, replaced by exposed muscle fibers covered by semi-transparent black crystals.

It's extremely eerie. Thanks a lot. Did I accidentally stumble into a horror movie world?

[Not an iron pipe but a blaster. Probably Dark Village mode. It's the super challenging mode. It must be the dad who shouts the name of a drink.]

[What kind of monster wants to drink alcohol?]

Shizuku snorts excitedly. Unfortunately, power restoration seems difficult. It looks incredibly strong.

"Waaah!"

The monster shouts loudly, causing vibrations in the surroundings. It sounds somewhat plaintive. I attempt to counter by firing the automatic rifle, but it seems ineffective. It's uncertain if armor-piercing rounds would work; no, they probably won't.

"Myan myan"

The Shadow Tiger and the others attack as enemies.

"Waanaaa"

To counter the approaching Shadow Tigers, the monster swings its log-like arm. A gust of wind blows, and the Shadow Tigers are easily blown away, crashing into the wall.

Despite its bulky appearance, it's surprisingly agile. Who is this?

[Crystal Flesh Golem. It has a long name, so let's abbreviate it as Crystal Golem. It's an evolved form of the Crystal Wisp, a crystal that possesses corpses. It was specialized for base defense. I didn't recognize it as a wisp because its shape was slightly different. It's a round, glowing white crystal monster. It probably absorbed the power source of the blaster. It's a rare B-rank. Its unique skill is. Oh no, we need to escape. Quickly!]

Seemingly recalling something, Shizuku speaks in haste. What's going on? I decided to retreat while it's still possible because I'm a Shadow Figure.

[Anti-Search Port]

The Crystal Golem thrusts its arm with black light into space. But, instead of the Shadow Mage, my body on the ground is forcefully pulled with a floating sensation.

"Gah!"

Slammed forcefully onto the floor, the air escapes my lungs, and I gasp for breath.

"W-what's happening?"

A gritty sensation on my face, and in the darkness, a single beam of light, probably from the flashlight. In that confined space, I somehow understand where I am amidst the chaos.

[Summon All Units]

[Accelerator]

Once again, my body gets lifted with a sense of floating, moving to another location. Subsequently, the floor where there was likely a crash roars and concrete fragments scatter.

"Tch. Shizuku, I'll keep my distance! Release me!"

"Understood."

In a split second, Shizuku forcibly moves me by grabbing my collar, and I nod. She throws me before I hit the ground, and I activate a skill.

[Shadow Move]

Slipping into the shadows, I move through the shadows to Shizuku's opposite side, passing through the Crystal Golem.

"Is this familiar magic?!"

"That's right. The Crystal Golem is a monster that appears in dungeons and is specialized for base defense. If you conduct reconnaissance using skills, it will counter-detect and forcefully teleport the caster."

Shizuku, who rushed to help with [Summon All Units], answers. It's a fatal magic for spellcasters using remote control.

The Crystal Golem, which shattered the floor, is pulling its impaled arm out. It looks at me and Shizuku with its crystal-covered eyes, frantically moving them.

[Mass Magic Storm]

I unleash a storm of magical blades towards the Crystal Golem. Blades akin to guillotines dance around the creature, attempting to turn it into dust.

With a scratching sound resembling glass getting scraped, only slight scratches are made on the crystal-covered body.

Marveling at its incredible hardness, Shizuku looks at me ready to attack, but wait a moment.

"I'll destroy the blaster."

[Core Magic Blade]

Concentrating intensely, I visualize the conjured blade as a single molecule and activate it.

Creating a thin, transparent black blade a few millimeters thick, I shoot it toward the arm with the blaster. With a swish, the new magic blade heads towards the Crystal Golem, but the creature notices the attack and jumps back, dodging it. The ceiling collapses, and concrete debris scatters.

Thinking it was evaded, I grimace, but.

[Accelerator]

[White Feather Reversal]

Shizuku accelerates, turning into a magic blade and flying towards the Crystal Golem. The monster changes its trajectory to avoid Shizuku, who has turned into a flying magic blade.

"Nice, Shizuku."

There's a slight deviation, but I can handle it with my control. Manipulating the rapidly flying blades, I alter their trajectories, directing one toward the Crystal Golem's right arm.

Span!

With a satisfying sound, I successfully cut off the blaster from the creature's right arm.

The blaster falls to the ground.

"Waanaaa!"

The Crystal Golem, witnessing this, roars again, angrier this time, and lunges towards me in a charging posture.

"Sigh. In this harsh world, don't shout so easily. I want to shout about the injustice too."

Watching it, I answer with a cynical smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shop 81

Test